defense?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

defense?

In a few games do you think the defense will be stronger? even with mayo coiming back, is the rest of the defese pulling it's weight?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

Re: defense?

The D is younger and quicker. Wright had a good play at the beginning. The D did alright today. TBC also had a good sack. They held the Jets to 16 pts. All we needed was some O to get some points. If the 3 trips to the RZ were TD's we would have had 21 pts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

The Defense is NOT the problem. Last yead they gave up an avg of MORE than 19 pts a game and still ended the season 8th in points allowed in the NFL. They are already giving up less than that. 17 pts and 16 pts. I'll take that all season long as an avg.

Sure I would like to see them attack once in a while when we have a team 3rd and long but thats just me.

Still, the offense did not score a TD today, You can't hang any of this loss on the D in my opinion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The D handed Brady the ball on that fumble and Brady blew it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

16 pts vs a division rival on the road the D was very good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

The D had a few breakdowns, but I agree with Parish....16pts is a win for the D. They are VERY young and they kept them in the game. The offense didn't execute. Thats what lost the game.

However, as I noted in another post, I think we got some pressure issues with the D Line. The past two games showed our inability to get pressure on the QB with only our front 4. Here is where the loss of Seymour really shows. He usually garnered two OL's to block him and between he and Wilfork, they usually took 3 OL's which allowed others to get some pressure. I think BB will need to be creative with his stunts and blitzes and generate some pressure from the safeties, corners, and LB's.

As far as the offense goes, we are going to see A LOT more blitzing the rest of the season. Opposing D coordinators will be following Ryan's game plan. No QB in the league is as good with defenders in his face as without and thats all Brady is going to see this year. The offense will need to either adjust their game plan accordingly or it will be a losing season.

The PATs are one of the best teams in the league and it is a long season. We have to remember that the D is young / new and the offense is going to be rusty. They'll get better. Nobody should count them out yet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

17 and 16 points in the first 2 games....Not bad at all!  D is not the problem.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crasian. Show crasian's posts

Can you believe that we are now going into week three and no one has the right to complain about the defense. The offense that looked better on paper this year than in the record setting '07 season is not showing up. Maybe we're forgetting that Tom hasn't played football at this level with these guys in a long time and we have to patient. But, do we have the time to be? Look who the Patriots play the next few weeks. The defense needs to keep it, but the offense needs 6's not 3's!!! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Pittsburgh defense:

Allowed 10 points in week 1
    Allowed 17 points in week 2

Baltimore defense:

Allowed 24 points in week 1
    Allowed 26 points in week 2

New England defense:

Allowed 17 points in week 1
    Allowed 16 points in week 2

San Diego defense:

Allowed 20 points in week 1
    Allowed 31 points in week 2

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

thats the key.time isnt something they have.there is only 14 games left.what ever needs to be corrected.needs to be real soon. it was 24 pts that was scored in week one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Moss,

The D only gave up 17 points in week one. The offense gave up 7 with the interception. How can you hold that against the D?

A ship doesn't turn on a dime. Crying foul and having urgency in week 2 isn't going to change course. They'll get better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

In Response to Re: defense?:
    [QUOTE]thats the key.time isnt something they have.there is only 14 games left.what ever needs to be corrected.needs to be real soon. it was 24 pts was scored in week one.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Dude, you gotta read the post. He said DEFENSE gave up 17.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]thats the key.time isnt something they have.there is only 14 games left.what ever needs to be corrected.needs to be real soon. it was 24 pts that was scored in week one.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

false. it was 17 in week one. brady had the pick-six

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

im not holding anything against the defense,but i was adding the whole score,but the team needs work,and it will be worked on.we all can see some of the flaws,no reason not to talk about it.thats what the forums are for.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

The pats d played against a suspect O with a rookie QB.  I wonder if Belichick as pats coach has ever lost to a rookie QB before today.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Either way, with the way the defense was looking on paper, you'd think the pressure would be on the offense to put up 40 each game but it's quite the opposite. In fact, you could easily say, "defense is keeping us in the game and giving Brady and company a chance at the end. what more do you want?"

Bills offense was no laugher, let's not lose sight of that. Yes, on paper the loss to the Jets looks bad because of a rookie quarterback but still. Last year, if you lost to Flacco's Ravens or Ryan's Falcons, you couldn't use that excuse because hey, they weren't play like your typical rookie QBs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]The pats d played against a suspect O with a rookie QB.  I wonder if Belichick as pats coach has ever lost to a rookie QB before today.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Before today Belichick was 5-1 against rookie quarterbacks.  The one was Roethlisberger, and later in the year the Patriots beat the Steelers in the playoffs in Pittsburgh, with Roethlisberger throwing three interceptions.  Let's hope something similar happens this year.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]The pats d played against a suspect O with a rookie QB.  I wonder if Belichick as pats coach has ever lost to a rookie QB before today.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

I don't think BB "lost" a game to a rookie QB.  The Pats D only gave up 16 points.  If anything, it is the lack of the Pats O to close out the deal in the red zone.  Very suspect play calling and not enough running plays or screen plays to keep the Jets D honest.  In the end, the Jets called the Pats 'bluff", that being they would just keep trying to beat them with the pass, so the D had no pressure to stop a running attack.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bucksy. Show bucksy's posts

TB is out of sync with the receivers.  We need to shut down the run and get a better LB's.  Watching the Ravens vs. SD hoping we can duplicate the Ravens explosive defense.  Go Pats!