Defense!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crasian. Show crasian's posts

Defense!!!

I'm going out of my mind with everyone getting so down on the defense. Name one defense that goes three and out everytime! That team hasn't been seen since the '85 bears and even they didn't get off the field every time. These guys are trained to keep the play in front of them. If a guy runs a good route you can't defend that every time. I judge them on points allowed. The fact is that they haven't given up more than 17 points in regulation and the two loses you can argue belong to the offense. These guys are faster and harder hitting than the past 5 years. Plus they are super young and are just going to get better! When this season started I think people saw this defense giving up and average of 24 points a game. Right now statistically they are playing at a superbowl caiber with points allowed per game ( superbowl teams historically give up 17-20 points per game). Remeber when Vrabel was a Bears castoff and with people like Tubuckey Jones were playing in the backfield? Ward catching passes from Brady as your third WR in the playoffs against the Titans!!! How did that work out for you? Some day we'll look back and see stars on this '09 team, not no names!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Defense!!!

Agreed, however, they will have to be at the top of their game to beat the Colts and Saints. It's one thing to shut out the Titans it's another to hold the Colts to under 20 points (and that CAN be done).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Umm, not sure where you have been the last 6 weeks, but nobody is down on the defense. The D has been a pleasant surprise this season. In pre-season I think people were worried or concerned maybe and rightfully so, but anybody who knows anything football has noticed this D is pretty good. We still haven't played anybody yet with a good offense though. So maybe we will find out a little more next week...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crasian. Show crasian's posts

In Response to Re: Defense!!!:
    [QUOTE]Umm, not sure where you have been the last 6 weeks, but nobody is down on the defense. The D has been a pleasant surprise this season. In pre-season I think people were worried or concerned maybe and rightfully so, but anybody who knows anything football has noticed this D is pretty good. We still haven't played anybody yet with a good offense though. So maybe we will find out a little more next week...
    Posted by MaritimePatsFan[/QUOTE]
    Have you read the other threads killing the DB's on this team? No good offenses? Atlanta? Baltimore? Denver? Miami?(almost beat the Saints)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moongirl. Show moongirl's posts

They still need to work on 3rd down defense. They constantly let teams continue drives, which keeps Brady & co. off the field!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

People are always going to downplay the efforts of a Bostonian team, the Patriots have the unfourtunate regional disadvantage of having alot of Redsox fans on their wagon. All Sox fan do is wait for the sky to fall.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The Defense will have to be on point.

However, this defense is built to play teams like Indy and SD. They have a lot of depth at DB, and a host of edge-rushing situational players.

It is precisely teams like Miami that will give them trouble, because it forces NE to change personell packages.

Ne will be in Nickel, probably big nickel, for almost the entire game next week. From a personell perspective I think that is a better situation than playing Miami.

And I expected a close game. But Miami shot their wad. They ran that option. They got one TD off two long scampers, one from the QB. Then the option was clsoed out by NE.

My prediction is that Miami only scores 9-10 points next time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

I think this "D" deserves a lot of credit. They have been SOLID so far, and sometimes VERY SOLID. Players like Mayo, Merryweather, Mcwogan, Vince W & Tully are starting to play great and they can only improve.

The base is soooo young so, once we get ride of 1 or 2 bust we have on the roster we can be dominant in the future.

I expect this defense to give to offense plenty of opportunities to win next week !

Sections
Shortcuts