DEFENSE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

DEFENSE

Can we finally accept that these guys are really, really good...?

It seemed many "fans", and perhaps rightfully so, wanted to see them play a capable offense. I thought they had answered any questions following the Atlanta game, but, alas, many wanted to see how they'd fare against the vaunted Saints' offense. 

Well, they passed... and in flying colors. Considering the fact that Talib missed nearly all of the 2nd half, and Mayo missed the last few series, makes the performance all the more impressive. When these two went out, they didn't miss a beat. Big time performance against the 2nd-best, arguably THE best, offense in the league.

Let's give this defense their due, and accept that they're a top unit in the NFL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Re: DEFENSE

Yeah we have a good unit, If we could add some pass rush we could have a dominant Defense

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

Yeah we have a good unit, If we could add some pass rush we could have a dominant Defense

We played without Kelly, our best interior passes rusher and we get Armstead back after this game. He's suppose to be a great interior rusher. The fast we get healthy, they better we become.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

We played without Kelly, our best interior passes rusher and we get Armstead back after this game. He's suppose to be a great interior rusher. The fast we get healthy, they better we become.

Yeah man, let`s hope Talib is ok

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

I am very impress of this defense. I haven't watch the game but watch some highlights and look at the score board.

:)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

very good d

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Other then that last 3rd and 20 TD pass that almost cost us the game, they were outstanding.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Other then that last 3rd and 20 TD pass that almost cost us the game, they were outstanding.

Yeah man

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

they had a little bit of difficulty once Talib left the game.  There are only so many losses the d can take before it affects the performance.  Hopefully, Talib's hip will be better by next week

Yo Uncle Rico, did you see Ridley run it inFromm the 2?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

On that 3rd and 20 play though, I'm sorry but you can't do anything about that. Perfect throw by Brees. We had one man under and one man making a hit as he caught the ball. There's no defense for that really.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Agreed.

There are a lot of problems with this team (undeniable) but that was one gritty performance by the D.  It feels great to be able to breath, again, with them on the field.  Hope Talibs ok.

OH, and TB is the GOAT.  Needed Collie in there earlier.  No drops for him.  LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

I was worried the running defense would break down with both Wilfork and Kelly out. NO only got 131 yds in total rushig yards. The run defense of the Pats had done a very respectable job.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

It's absolute gem of coaching and game plan. graham and meachem 0 catches, that's a great defense. nothing flashy but that's what they had in SB days. 

i just don't understand how this team seems to have more injuries than any other team

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to apdynasty23's comment:

On that 3rd and 20 play though, I'm sorry but you can't do anything about that. Perfect throw by Brees. We had one man under and one man making a hit as he caught the ball. There's no defense for that really.

Maybe if the safety was over the top, where he should of been, instead of Chung'ing it by being 2 steps out of the play there would of been a different result. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

^ Defense sux

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

It's all going to come down to health with this D.  Missing Wilfork is huge, but if everyone else is healthy we can manage.  This Talib blow though is REALLY bad.  And not sure what's up with Mayo but that's a serious blow too.  He's been playing lights out this year.  Hopefully we can go at least 2-1 even with a gimply D the next few weeks and get all our ducks in a row during the bye. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Who's laughing at you Wozzy.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

If everyone on defense can get healthy by late December, we have a real championship caliber defense. The same could be said about our offense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

In response to apdynasty23's comment:

Dennard mistimed his jump. He was coming down as the ball arrived. It's a game of seconds & inches, but Dennard very well could have deflected it if he jumped later. Hard to fault his effort, & he's in the right position a lot more than previous DB's have been.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to kevin13130's comment:

If everyone on defense can get healthy by late December, we have a real championship caliber defense. The same could be said about our offense.

When other teams trade for help, Pats will get help from players coming back from injuries.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[/QUOTE]

Dennard mistimed his jump. He was coming down as the ball arrived. It's a game of seconds & inches, but Dennard very well could have deflected it if he jumped later. Hard to fault his effort, & he's in the right position a lot more than previous DB's have been.

[/QUOTE]

Dennard was pushed off and never had a chance to make a play on the ball.  It should have been called as it was clear in every replay, but everyone jut talked about the catch and whether the receiver was inbounds.  Easily could have been fourth and 35 instead of six.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Nink

We need a better DE than Nink.  Not his fault, I believe he's giving 100%, but he can't compete with big OTs.   He's got a LB body and plays like a LB, floating around the peripheral area rather than getting penetration on passing plays.   Much of Saints running success in the 2nd half seemed to be over our left DE.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Just how many injuries can this defense handle? Vince, Kelly, Mayo and Talib.....going to get interesting real quick....Talib & Mayo going down hurts pretty bad.....both have been playing at a pro-bowl level.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I never understand how people see a game sometimes. It is very one sided.

Let me try and understand this.

So on the Saints long TD just over the finger tips of Dennerd, the Pats D (to use a few sayings I have read on here) choked, gave up an inexusable TD, almost cost the game, had a bad play, etc. 

Then, on the Pats end of game TD for the win it was a great play by the offense, TB and KT, etc.

So it wasn't a great play by Drew Brees and Kenny Stills?

...and it wasn't a choke, giving up and inexcusable TD by the Saints D, defensive lapse that cost the Saints the game, or a bad play by the Saints?

For me it was simply two future 1st ballot HOFers making unbelievably perfect throws just over the outstretched arms and hands of the defender.

Sometimes you just tip your cap to the other team or player.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to painter's comment:

Dennard was pushed off and never had a chance to make a play on the ball.  It should have been called as it was clear in every replay, but everyone jut talked about the catch and whether the receiver was inbounds.  Easily could have been fourth and 35 instead of six.  

100%

Sections
Shortcuts