Defense.......is BB going to try to do something with FA or the Draft?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Defense.......is BB going to try to do something with FA or the Draft?

I know the simple answer is both.......

but with the lack of movement right now....what's your opinion?........is he putting more emphasis on picking up players to improve with the draft?.........or will he start making moves soon here in the FA period?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Defense.......is BB going to try to do something with FA or the Draft?

I think you'll see movement on the FA fron in the coming days.  There's a glut of corners out there.  Wouldn't suprise me if they're starting with Talib and then whoever else is out there that interests them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I think Talib will be back.  I wouldn't be surprised if the sticking point wasn't the money, but injury/bad behavior protection for the Pats.  Depending on the moves we make on offense in FA will determine whether or not we go all D in this draft (basically if we resign Vollmer or add more young WR).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

if Talib doesn't come back there may be a revolt around here!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

he has to be back

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

I would love for the Pats to get a PURE sitauation Pass Rusher. Abraham? There are plenty of times in a game when all you need is a great Pass Rusher. Remember Tony McGee? Pats need a guy like this.

Abraham or Osi. Hell, even Michael Bennett is still around...maybe his value isn't as high as we anticipated. BB should call his buddy Schiano and ask about him.

What I want is:

1. Veteran safety to help the young secondary

2. Veteran/effective pass rusher who can also teach Jones a thing or two

3. Sean Smith, Talib, or Grimes

3. Young DT who will compete with Armstead and learn from Wilfork.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

I would love for the Pats to get a PURE sitauation Pass Rusher. Abraham? There are plenty of times in a game when all you need is a great Pass Rusher. Remember Tony McGee? Pats need a guy like this.

Abraham or Osi. Hell, even Michael Bennett is still around...maybe his value isn't as high as we anticipated. BB should call his buddy Schiano and ask about him.

What I want is:

That's what we need in the defense

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

What I want is:

you do NOT want sean smith..... take it from me. dude can't tackle, can't cover and just falls over anytime a receiver makes a move on him... hands down the worst CB in the league.

he was the most targeted CB in the NFL last season and for good reason. his only 2 INTs last season were against arizona.. and we all know how good their QB is....

not to mention every season he drops about 7 INTs that are thrown right to him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

What I want is:

I would not mind them getting a NT and have VW every now and then play to right on a 34 like Ngata more than occassionally does. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I think you'll see movement on the FA fron in the coming days.  There's a glut of corners out there.  Wouldn't suprise me if they're starting with Talib and then whoever else is out there that interests them.

Not anymore Smith gone too and Grimes resigned with Atlanta. You are basically looking at:

Huff, Talib, Lewis, Nnamdi then a bunch of 3rd and 4th teir CBs like Arrington

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

Not anymore Smith gone too and Grimes resigned with Atlanta. You are basically looking at:

Huff, Talib, Lewis, Nnamdi then a bunch of 3rd and 4th teir CBs like Arrington

Grimes did not resign...those reports were wrong. Look it up

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Can't really do it all in the draft. Right now we need a LCB, Slot CB, SS, DT, Z WR, and depth on the OL, and a coverage LB bare minimum. Even if they hit on all 5 picks as starters they can't fill all the holes. They need to find some players quick because the market is thinning quickly

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

Grimes didn't resign with Atlanta.  That was an erroneous report that was retracted yesterday unless i missed something this morning

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

but with the lack of movement right now....what's your opinion?........is he putting more emphasis on picking up players to improve with the draft?.........or will he start making moves soon here in the FA period?

I really never expect much until the end of week 1 beginning of week 2. If I'm not misremembering they rarely jump in until the market is set.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Section136's comment:

In response to Iceman4's comment:

I really never expect much until the end of week 1 beginning of week 2. If I'm not misremembering they rarely jump in until the market is set.

the problem is the market is set. The Pats were right the market is lower then it was in previous years. They set themselves up nicely to bring in some real talent. The problem is they are treating it like they did last year. They will get 15 players like last year and maybe 3 will make it through camp. They must be loving the fact they will get a ton of players a vet min contracts but not the talent

The more I think about it the more I realize it's not about the right player it's about the right deal. They are more interested in getting a deal then they are a player. Notice how many former 1st rounders they bring in or how many trades they make for former 1st rounders? It's starting to make sense. They get 1st rounders for mid draft "value"

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to jam757's comment:

if Talib doesn't come back there may be a revolt around here!

I didn't want him back but now after seen many from my wish list being signed by other teams I'm kind of hoping he will be back.  I just hope they can field a team when half of the players are on the injury report.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Talib and a vet safety via free agency, DT via the draft.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Calm down, PatsEng. The FA market has only been open for 48 hours!  Did you change meds recently, so this is the reason why you are jumping in and out of these threads like this?

I assume him, like me, like most fans were hoping this FA would go a bit different then past years for the Pats.  Not looking like it so far.