Defensive Back Play

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

Defensive Back Play

Shawn Springs was inactive, which was a blessing.  I hope we continue to be blessed by his absence for the remainder of the year.  Perhaps he can take Banta-Cains place on special teams and keep him from getting killed. 

One troubling aspect of our DB's technique is when they're mtm, they get ZERO contact near the line of scrimmage.  They stand square and flat footed and get blown past and have to play catch up the remainder of the route.  When playing the outside receiver (Bodden v.s. Frenchie) it's simple.  You use the sideline as another defender and cut off the inside route and check him at the line of scrimmage.  This way the foot race is even and you've cut off one route (so there's no need to go for the pump fake on  the SLUGGO. 

Vary your techniques so your opponent can't read you.  Bodden has absolutely no ball skills and needs to stop taunting future HOF QB's who happen to have a pass slip out of their hands.  BTW it did also cost your team 15yds...

If you have time, watch the game again and see if you notice anything.  What this means, is that Bodden will leave next year and we will have to use a high draft choice for another corner because we still have a void to fill...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

Re: Defensive Back Play

Our DB;s s u c k, Bodden got smoked on that TD, the DB's can't tackle, always give too much cushion to wr. Can't totally blame the Db's though cause our front 3/4 can't get near an opposing QB and for some reason Pees doesn't blitz or they do blitz they show it for the whole 40 sec play clock so the oline just picks it up.  time for some wholesale changes on the D-side of the ball.  Mayo is the only guy I would keep from this unit

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

LB's, DB's - No names = no Super Bowl.

Hey anyone know what happened to the millions we saved when we traded Seymour?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoldingCalls. Show NoHoldingCalls's posts

The lack of a shutdown corner is definitely hurting us.  We need a man coverage corner that no one likes throwing near.  We had Ty Law, Assante Samuel stepped up big, but now we are missing this piece.
    Once you have that piece in place, you free up some other resources, such as an ILB whose soul job is to jump any quick slant route.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

Is Cris McCallister still unemployed?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Secondary is a work in progress, patience Pats fans, patience.  Think about how good this team is going to be next season....and for many seasons to come.  Just keep TB vertical and everything will work out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Secondary? 

Dude, we held Peyton Manning to 21 points through 3/4 of the game. We had a lead and started playing prevent defense, the Colts moved the ball on us. That's not the defender's fault. We out played the Colts for 56 mintues, then our injuries caught up to us.

All of you make me sick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

In Response to Re: Defensive Back Play:
    [QUOTE]Secondary?  Dude, we held Peyton Manning to 21 points through 3/4 of the game. We had a lead and started playing prevent defense, the Colts moved the ball on us. That's not the defender's fault. We out played the Colts for 56 mintues, then our injuries caught up to us. All of you make me sick.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Thank you for pointing that out...I just posted a thread on the D...check it out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

"All of you make me sick."

Hopefully H1N1. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

[QUOTE]Secondary?  Dude, we held Peyton Manning to 21 points through 3/4 of the game. We had a lead and started playing prevent defense, the Colts moved the ball on us. That's not the defender's fault. We out played the Colts for 56 mintues, then our injuries caught up to us. All of you make me sick.

Dude, no one was knocking the overall defense.  But since you brought it up.  The change of scheme did us in as always.  Bend but don't break???  How about "if it aint broke, don't fix it". 

This post was about the playing techniques of our DB's.  Watch the video or not.  But the facts are facts. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Darisu Butler is a budding start and will be a shut down corner in the NFL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

[QUOTE]Darisu Butler is a budding start and will be a shut down corner in the NFL.
    Posted by FishTaco64[/QUOTE]

I agree that he is a budding "star"...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from _008_. Show _008_'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Defensive Back Play : I agree that he is a budding "star"...
    Posted by sodiumpentothal[/QUOTE]

Butler has potential but he has a long way to go. He keeps getting penalties trying to keep up with bigger receivers.  I wish he was built more like Vontae Davis and not Ellis Hobbs. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Colts receivers dropped alot of balls in the first half.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Peyton Manning is going to make any CB look bad a couple times a game. Duh.

How many CBs can "shut down" Manning for an entire game on his home field?

Sections
Shortcuts