Defensive Comparisons with NO and GB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Defensive Comparisons with NO and GB

So I checked on the teams every body is fearing because of their offenses, and found their pass defense is no better than ours, and I'm sure TB could get as many yards against their defenses. keep in mimd we've played against better defenses too.

From yesterday games :

Pass yards gave up/ total yards gave up

#30 NO 379, 466 total

#31 GB 347, 447 total

#32 NE 338, 437 total

As for rush defense the Patriots are better:

NE #10

GB #13

NO #16

And points allowed:

The Patriots lead GB, and NO.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Re: Defensive Comparisons with NO and GB

I think for rush defense, you have to consider that teams are usually playing from behind against NE, GB, and NO so they often have to abandon the run. The yardage may be down because teams will elect to throw to catch up.

So I think the relevant stat to look at for rush D is yards per attempt.

NE #15 at 4.2 yards/carry
    GB and NO tied #29 at 4.9 yards/carry

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

But, all they talk about on TV is the Packers are undefeated, the Saints have a dynamite O and the Pats have the su**iest pass D in the league.  How the Packers have stayed undefeated is surprising, isn't it?  In the few games I have watched the Packers play, what jumps out at me are the mistakes their opponents make which give the Packers the edge in a game to win it.  IE - SD gave up two pick 6s, The Giants did too.  In those wins, those were the differences.  While conversely, the Pats had a pick 6 in the Bills game and lost.  The Pack plays consistent ball with nothing new or surprising game to game and, I have to add, have gotten many favorable calls from the zebras to aid its cause.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

You're not way off or anything, in fact you make an important point, but I do have a couple distinctions I'd like to make: 

- Green Bay's defense leads the league in interceptions. I think turnovers are kind of nice. They also indicate something about the ability to change a game around instead of "bend but don't break". Of course, the Pats are not bad in the interception category either, so that's good. 

- Green Bay and New Orleans are, in my opinion, more difficult to stop defensively than the Pats on a given night, simply because they have better wideouts as a group. Just my opinion there. However, it's not a sizeable advantage, still, it is somewhat of one, and it may be reflected in their slightly higher point totals per game. 

Finally, Green Bay and New Orleans have both won Super Bowls much more recently than New England. So, if it's ok with you, I'd like to maybe be a little BETTER than either one of those teams on both sides of the ball so that we have a better chance of getting a ring again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

In Response to Re: Defensive Comparisons with NO and GB:
    [QUOTE]You're not way off or anything, in fact you make an important point, but I do have a couple distinctions I'd like to make:  - Green Bay's defense leads the league in interceptions. I think turnovers are kind of nice. They also indicate something about the ability to change a game around instead of "bend but don't break". Of course, the Pats are not bad in the interception category either, so that's good.  - Green Bay and New Orleans are, in my opinion, more difficult to stop defensively than the Pats on a given night, simply because they have better wideouts as a group. Just my opinion there. However, it's not a sizeable advantage, still, it is somewhat of one, and it may be reflected in their slightly higher point totals per game.  Finally, Green Bay and New Orleans have both won Super Bowls much more recently than New England. So, if it's ok with you, I'd like to maybe be a little BETTER than either one of those teams on both sides of the ball so that we have a better chance of getting a ring again.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I agree with what you are saying..both GB and NO have deep threats so there pass personnel groups are are a bit better and less predictable..also as you say GB creates turnovers which allows them to stay in games depsite giving up lots of yards like the pats..

I am still waiting for NE to have Spikes and Chung back..I want to see this defense healthy..I just think BB is letting these guys heal for the stretch run..Spikes is a force and Chung is sorely missed..why no Guyton lately?

Sections
Shortcuts