Defensive Cooridinator and playcalling

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michael02127. Show Michael02127's posts

Defensive Cooridinator and playcalling

I was thinking that BB might be more hands on with the front 7 this year with all the new players and moreso the new schemes were  using.  Patriacia was moved to DB coach, perhaps so bill could spend time with the front 7 and schemes. 

Do you think BB will be spending more time on D with OBrien and the O having a great year last year and most starters coming back?

Who does the actual game day play calling on D this year?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Defensive Cooridinator and playcalling

I would say Billicheck has and will continue to be the defensive play caller.  What I mean is that, yes there may be someone else actually sending in the plays to Mayo or whatever. I believe it was M.Patricia last year.  I still dont know If I like him in that role or not.  In eny even, during the week, Bill comes up with the gamplan on how he is gonna attack said offense for that week. We all know we are a multiple defense but more so this year and I dont see anyone else drawing up schemes, but Patricia or someone else may pick plays based on a predetermined list of situational plays.

Meaning...Lets say Matt has 5 playcalls to choose on 1st and 10, and then 5 plays for 3 and 10 or longer.  5 plays for 3rd and short....etc, and all the plays are were specifically picked and worked on in practice.

I think this year you will really see Bill go back to his ways of -3 and 04 by letting the guys loose.  Its all about trust and he finally has a good group of veterna lineman he can trust as well as a plethora of linebackers and ends...so lookt to something different every week and a sligth move away from 2 gapping and more 2 gap penetration to take advantage of personell we have now.. 

Im more excited about the D's potential than anything else...I already Tom will put up points...I want to see other Qb's running for their lives again like the 03', 04' days... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Who really knows how much he's into it? I imagine on game day he has a lot of imput on offense and defense, making some blitz and coverage calls in certain situations. What does he do during the week? Probably a bit of everything (he's known as one of those coaches that sleep at the office). Personally I'd like to see him take over the defense completely, who would be better?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michael02127. Show Michael02127's posts

In Response to Re: Defensive Cooridinator and playcalling:
    Who really knows how much he's into it? I imagine on game day he has a lot of imput on offense and defense, making some blitz and coverage calls in certain situations. What does he do during the week? Probably a bit of everything (he's known as one of those coaches that sleep at the office). Personally I'd like to see him take over the defense completely, who would be better?
    Posted by mthurl

I agree, I was thinking he is taking a lot more hands on approach with the Def especially with the front 7,

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

BB is going with more pressure therefore more D-lineman. this will equate to SBls in next 4 years-we get 2!!!!Bank on it!!! Hanesworth wWILL come thru for the genius and suprise many-yes I am Nostradamus!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"Do you think BB will be spending more time on D with OBrien and the O having a great year last year and most starters coming back?"

Wasn't he already the DC last yr??  Although some of the coaches' roles have changed, I don't see how he would be spending more time with the D this yr.

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts