Defensive Growth

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

Defensive Growth

Before this season, the Houston Texans had an abysmal defense, particularly in the secondary. They have done a fantastic job of building up that unit and now they are the #1 defense in the league.

The Patriots have the potential and the coaching to be a good defense in this league. I think the presence of a full offseason will do nothing but good for our defense in this new 43 scheme. They are starting to grow into it midseason, and I see them only getting better from here and into next season.

Not saying we will boast the best defense in the league any time soon, but the defense will no longer be a laughing stock once this team is fully healthy and grows into themselves.

Exciting stuff.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanWilmingtonDE. Show PatsFanWilmingtonDE's posts

Re: Defensive Growth

I can see it happening. We still need youth at the rushing positions, because as great as Carter's been this year he is too old to sustain it for long. I've definitely been happy with Mark Anderson has shown us.

That said, I felt great about the D going into Week 1, horrified by it in Week 5, and seeing it live last night I'm beginning to believe this unit can do some damage. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

Re: Defensive Growth

My draft/free agency wish list (in no particular order):
    • Safety
    • Linebacker
    • Defensive End (4-3)
    • Center
    • Wide Receiver
    • Cornerback
    • Blocking TE/FB
    In the draft I would like to see the pats either trade up and grab a stud lineback in the top 10 or get Mark Barron and either Jerel Worthy or Devon Still with our two first rounders.

Sections
Shortcuts