defensive injuries derailed this game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

defensive injuries derailed this game

if spikes, guyton, and chung had all been in the game than white and brown would not have been. spikes was stuffing the run and doing a decent job on the TE's. when he went down guyton was adequate. but once they were both out (and no fletcher either), that left white in a place he doesnt belong: the regular defense. and with chung and barrett out, that sent in brown who is just awful. 
    if those guys had been on the field the pats would have won and there wouldnt be all this talk about firing BB, benching brady yada yada. it was an ugly game and a heartbreaking loss, but i dont think it means this is the demise of the patriots. if we have our players healthy its still a pretty good team. just too many defensive injuries at the end of this game to close it out. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Re: defensive injuries derailed this game

i agree but no one ever seems to care about something like this

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In Response to defensive injuries derailed this game:
    [QUOTE]if spikes, guyton, and chung had all been in the game than white and brown would not have been. spikes was stuffing the run and doing a decent job on the TE's. when he went down guyton was adequate. but once they were both out (and no fletcher either), that left white in a place he doesnt belong: the regular defense. and with chung and barrett out, that sent in brown who is just awful.  if those guys had been on the field the pats would have won and there wouldnt be all this talk about firing BB, benching brady yada yada. it was an ugly game and a heartbreaking loss, but i dont think it means this is the demise of the patriots. if we have our players healthy its still a pretty good team. just too many defensive injuries at the end of this game to close it out. 
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

Injuries are not the main culprit here. Sergio Brown started the game so he certainly still would have been in the game on the last drive. Spikes' pass coverage (the hit on Ballard in the 1st quarter not withstanding) has been supbar all year. Every team has injuries in the NFL. Part of being a great team is having depth to win despite them. If you are going to point out injuries, the Giants were without their top two offensive weapons in Nicks and Bradshaw.

I don't want to fire BB. I want them to get some real assistants to balance out the coaching staff and get more help selecting talent (both free agent and draft).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

sergio brown did not start and has not been part of the safety rotation for weeks. he's a 3rd stringer. and so is white. no way you can tell me that spikes or guyton wouldnt have been better options. yes every team has injuries. i'm just saying that 4 key players were out on that final drive. i think that has a lot to do with the difference in success of the defense between then and the rest of the game. just an observation. doesnt mean i'm not disappointed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Scary thing is....the injury to Spikes doesn't look good. While he might not be our best defensive player, he is about the only one that plays with an attitude....something our defensive severly lacks.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

In Response to Re: defensive injuries derailed this game:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: defensive injuries derailed this game : "Our defense"?  When did the Pats hire you?
    Posted by dmpc[/QUOTE]

LOL.....so because I called you out earlier for being a jerk on the forums, you are going to resort to more d--bag posts?

Nice. How about adding something to the conversation instead of acting like the forum tough guy running around making derogatory posts.

And yet another person to put on ignore. It would be nice if the moderators would cut this kind of crap out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Sorry, the mods aren't interested, so the forum has devolved into a flame war.  I'm one of the guilty, I have to confess, as I will listen to only so much junk before I just start taking people on.  Anyway, your point is valid, but if we aren't any deeper than that, it's kind of hopeless anyway?  But I don't judge the defense today on that final drive.  They were in for a lot of series, and did o.k.  Not great, but stepped up compared with earlier efforts.  Offense just can't keep playing like this if we are to win.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

In Response to Re: defensive injuries derailed this game:
    [QUOTE]Sorry, the mods aren't interested, so the forum has devolved into a flame war.  I'm one of the guilty, I have to confess, as I will listen to only so much junk before I just start taking people on.  Anyway, your point is valid, but if we aren't any deeper than that, it's kind of hopeless anyway?  But I don't judge the defense today on that final drive.  They were in for a lot of series, and did o.k.  Not great, but stepped up compared with earlier efforts.  Offense just can't keep playing like this if we are to win.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree about the depth, especially at LB.

Sections
Shortcuts