Defensive question

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Defensive question

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

All you need to do is look at the NY Giants in those two years they beat us in the SB...their corners were good, far from great, but their D line play was outstanding in both years...they put plus pressure on TB all day long, pounded  him all day long ...that's the single reason we lost and they won both games...their D line played far better than did ours

Each time, if we didn't sub for Maroney (yes, Laura herself) or BJGE in SB 46, and ran draws with them to offset that pass rush, we win both SBs.

We subbed in our passing based RBs and either passed or ran a predictable draw with the finesse scatback, which is the downfall.  It completely allowed their D to dictate with scheme, which is why our O Lines only appeared to be worse than they really are capable of.  It goes beyond "they had bag games", IMO, although I thought the O Line played pretty well in SB 46, but it's rooted in our approach and this strange desire to roll the dice, eliminating any legit playaction plays opening up or helping our O Line be the ones to dictate.

It's the constant subbing of the RBs that is such a huge problem, on the heels of never really establishing a run game in the first half. Those two things right there, in the shotgun spread base for 40+ passes and blown leads in the second half with a putrid offense is why we have lost all of these games.

If you take a look at 8 carrries fro 50 yards for BJGE and the domination of the Ravens on the ground with BJGE in the first half of the 2011 AFC title game. Then, when he was yanked for shotgun spreads with Woodhead in the backfield, note how they stop scoring and our offense stalls.  Why would you change what is working?   I didn't even like the shotgun spread base because it led to crappy red zone results, but with BJGE more so on the field, they moved the ball well.

I literally have no idea why this is so difficult to see in terms of fixing it. 

I would never use our finesse offense or scatbacks unless we're trailing in the second half or in the 2 minute. I would NEVER use it as the base vs good or great defenses.

It's just so simple, but it keeps happening.  Something tells me Brady has been slapped with his preference and we won't see this happening anymore.

The personnel alone with Ballard being hidden on IR for a full year just to use him this year, Blount now traded for, FBs in camp, Welkie gone, etc, it points to this being rectified.

Each time, if we didn't sub for Maroney (yes, Laura herself) or BJGE in SB 46, and ran draws with them to offset that pass rush, we win both SBs.

Undecided

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Defensive question

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

A good line is the foundation you build on, while corners are like the roof over your head.  You need the foundation first because it supports the roof, but if you lack the roof, you still get wet when it rains. 

You just dropped a gem here Pro. Well done good sir.

I said that in my first post.  lmao

Prolate pulled a Borges and plagiarized. 

Sorry Rusty, most of your posts are deleted so I must have missed it...