Defensive Snaps raises questions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Defensive Snaps raises questions

Interesting that Spikes was in on only 6 of 76 defensive snaps against Atlanta.  In all three previous games he has played in 30+ or less than half the total snaps.  Be interesting to see if he gets more time against the Bengals, who will presumeably run the ball more with a weakened Pats D line.  If his vulnerability in sub-packages is not the issue... what is?  

Collins saw a season high of 18 of 76 snaps against Atlanta, after a measly 18 snaps in the first three games combined.  Is he being groomed to replace Spikes?

Tavon Wilson was in on ONE defensive snap in the first game of the season.  Period.  Harmon has moved comfortably ahead of him on the depth chart.  Dude is a bust.  How does he have a hamstring injury from sitting on the bench? I know he is playing special teams... just sayin.  I don't expect him on the team next year. and just to think we could have picked Kendell Reyes, Osemele, Konz, Randle or even Russell Wilson over that ill advised second round disaster of a pick.  I think BB sets his own standards and does not allow outside influence to deter his pick strategy.  ie, BB picked T Wilson in the second round because that is where he fell on BBs best available S as opposed to nobody was gonna pick this guy before the 6th round and there were also much better players on the board at different positions (which we could use today).  Does BB have a flawed draft strategy after the first round obvious talent? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Defensive Snaps raises questions

I wouldnt say he is being groomed because they play different positions but it could just be that BB is reducing his snaps in a contract year to lower his demands and asking price due to low numbers. Its sounds crazy but for years people have speculated about those curious years when a guy just doesnt get his. I think its a matter of WHO the player is

Back when people were talking, there were def. signd of it. On the contrary , Ive seen him give special treatment to players he likes. Trying to get Branch a thousand yards to reach incentive. Having Hoyer throw a late, garbage time throw to Gronk to break the TE record over Graham. So he does HELP players reach incentive and records when he likes them and I dont think he cares for Spikes(off the field) and so he is voicing his displeasure by reducing his time and letting him know he is expendable. Now Spikes will be in a position where he may have to s*ck it up and accept a lower contract here rather than gamble on the open market. When BB puts the hex on you, its a wrap. BB can do this all year and say he is done and noone would give him a big contract next year.  - remember Adalius Thomas

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

IN terms of drafting....I think he looks at the 1st round being almost sure fire and everything after that is so uncertain, it doesnt matter who you take. Obviously I dont agree with that. Thats why you have scouts to find guys who fit your system. some guys are better fit on other teams but I dont think ANY team was salivating at T.Wilson in the 2nd round. That pick is not looking good.

This is why its strange that he trades out so much. He has such a good track record in the 1st and so bad in the 2nd. WHy does he keep moving back?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I suspect Spikes falls into the Chung/Meriweather category. He's been good enough to keep through the rookie contract, but that's about it. Another 2nd round bust.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

Spikes is really only effective against the run - Atlanta ran the ball 15 times. Collins is supposed to be a cover LB. Game plan specific - nothing new about this. If it's not game plan specific then Spikes isn't doing his job. If BB thought Spikes would help the team win he'd be playing more. I do agree that drawing  a correlation between the two is apples to oranges.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Spikes you can chalk up to game planning and in game adjustments. There will be a few games this year where he gets limited snaps . Denver being one of those game and NO another to name a couple.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I wouldnt say he is being groomed because they play different positions but it could just be that BB is reducing his snaps in a contract year to lower his demands and asking price due to low numbers. Its sounds crazy but for years people have speculated about those curious years when a guy just doesnt get his. I think its a matter of WHO the player is

Back when people were talking, there were def. signd of it. On the contrary , Ive seen him give special treatment to players he likes. Trying to get Branch a thousand yards to reach incentive. Having Hoyer throw a late, garbage time throw to Gronk to break the TE record over Graham. So he does HELP players reach incentive and records when he likes them and I dont think he cares for Spikes(off the field) and so he is voicing his displeasure by reducing his time and letting him know he is expendable. Now Spikes will be in a position where he may have to s*ck it up and accept a lower contract here rather than gamble on the open market. When BB puts the hex on you, its a wrap. BB can do this all year and say he is done and noone would give him a big contract next year.  - remember Adalius Thomas

I  believe it's not a matter of "like" but the guys that do their job, love football as much as BB does and make the team the priority are treated differently...and should be. If I've missed your point or am chasing semantics my humble apologies - that happens too frequently here and frankly I get frustrated when it happens. Hopefully I'm not doing it now. Enjoy your posts here - don't think I've ever seen you attack anyone personally and I respect that. Let me know if I messed this up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Spikes you can chalk up to game planning and in game adjustments. There will be a few games this year where he gets limited snaps . Denver being one of those game and NO another to name a couple.

Agreed