Definition of Insanity...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Definition of Insanity...

No not that...   

THIS!

Rusty: BB/Patricia DID NOT GAMEPLAN DEFENSIVELY for the Jaguars Game.  Straight from the Donkeys mouth. IN not one thread but 2,. (i gave you the benefit of the doubt, until I saw you say it twice)  Please Explain.....

He doesnt know why, but they didnt. Of course they spent all week working on offense and thats why they are so much better. Sorry rusty dont mean to put words in ur mouth but is this what u meant? Can you provide some proof that any games that the D looks bad means BB didnt gameplan and any reason why he would wait until NOW not to do it. ANy info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Signed, Pats Fans....lol,  (I got that one from you, yes)

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Definition of Insanity...

That statement is pretty crazy and to imply he was resting starters that were injuried is silly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

No not that...   

THIS!

Rusty: BB/Patricia DID NOT GAMEPLAN DEFENSIVELY for the Jaguars Game.  Straight from the Donkeys mouth. IN not one thread but 2,. (i gave you the benefit of the doubt, until I saw you say it twice)  Please Explain.....

He doesnt know why, but they didnt. Of course they spent all week working on offense and thats why they are so much better. Sorry rusty dont mean to put words in ur mouth but is this what u meant? Can you provide some proof that any games that the D looks bad means BB didnt gameplan and any reason why he would wait until NOW not to do it. ANy info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Signed, Pats Fans....lol,  (I got that one from you, yes)

Are you serious?  You keep digging yourself a deeper and deeper hole here. It's hilarious.

He rests 4 starters and has guys completely out of position and backups in with other former starters, etc?

Did you watch the game? That was as vanilla as a D he's run all year, obviously.  Yes, there was no real gameplaning or scheming whatsoever. No stunts, blitzes, nothing.   Basic 4-3 man almost all game long.

Talk about insane. That's you! 

So resting starters meaning you dont gameplan??/  The vanilla defense is directly correlated to the Defense we saw earlier this year when the same culprits(arrington and mccourty) were at CB. I thnk just about everybody realized that we went to more man to man once Talib and Dennard started but you...lol and u claim to be the football god here and once again you didnt answer my question and are now regretting you ever made that statement...lol

(rusty deleting account in 5,4,3,2, 1.)

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

That statement is pretty crazy and to imply he was resting starters that were injuried is silly.

What?  I am assuming that's sarcasm or you totally botched what you were trying to say there.

So men who are paid 6 to 7 figures whose sole job is to come up with a plan didn't do any work in 7 days?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

What?  I am assuming that's sarcasm or you totally botched what you were trying to say there.

So men who are paid 6 to 7 figures whose sole job is to come up with a plan didn't do any work in 7 days?

No, no.   BB is INFAMOUS for not showing things at the end of the year on both sides of the ball.

You must be new to following this team.  A vanilla gameplan/not really having a gameplan, is part of what BB does.  He's not going to put time into Jax as much as he would putting time into possible playoff opponents. Yes.

Absolutely.

He's never going to admit that, but the logic is our offense should easily put up enough points vs Jax (as long as they show up). Why do you think Dennard, Spikes and Talib (only 10 snaps) didn't dress or play much on D?  Because it's better to rest them!  BB can do more with starters within a gameplan than he can with backups.

Is this really that difficult?  What's funny about this is Shizzly's attempt to mock me, yet he looks like a fool again. lmao

keep it rusty, Im in stiches over here!  Are you sure you are not a comedian!?!?  Im sure by the end of the day, u will have backpedaled to the point where you say "ok, your a troll, how is mark sanchez doing?"  lol  typical Rusty that you can set your clock too!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

He says this every year and to me it's mostly BS. We have the best record in December for a reason, it's not because we go vanilla and decide not to game plan or that we decide to rest players. This team hardly rests anyone - the guys that were out yesterday were not "resting", they are hurt.

I think what we saw yesterday was a team not fired up to play a junk box club right before Christmas and you can add in some of our injuries as well. That's it. Now if we don't get the bye I think he will rest players and basically not go all out on a game plan as they prepare for their playoff game, but not yesterday, it's too early to prepare for a playoff game that you don't know who it is you'll be facing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

He says this every year and to me it's mostly BS. We have the best record in December for a reason, it's not because we go vanilla and decide not to game plan or that we decide to rest players. This team hardly rests anyone - the guys that were out yesterday were not "resting", they are hurt.

I think what we saw yesterday was a team not fired up to play a junk box club right before Christmas and you can add in some of our injuries as well. That's it. Now if we don't get the bye I think he will rest players and basically not go all out on a game plan as they prepare for their playoff game, but not yesterday, it's too early to prepare for a playoff game that you don't know who it is you'll be facing.

U looking for rusty? I think he is working on his new account after his drubbing he took today.  I dont understand it. I came in today making a thread telling him this was his week as Brady had a stinker and Chung had 2 picks. I was not even gonna crap on the defense today because I knew it was the same as earlier this year with soft zones because Talib and Dennard(two man Cbs) were out and as long as they return we can look at this as abberation. Instead of taking advantage of Rusty week he just couldnt resist making something up in an effort to excuse the defense. Like I told him, I know why the defense was bad in the back end. Not sure why Vince and Jerod didnt show up though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

This is from an EspnBoston.com article with Belichick talking about planning for the playoffs:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4737258/belichick-staying-a-step-ahead

"If we were to play next week, then we would be playing one of two teams," he continued. "We'll certainly start working on both of those teams [Indianapolis and Cincinnati] this week so when we find out if that's the way it goes, who we play, Sunday night, we'll already have the information ready that we can jump on either Indianapolis or Cincinnati, if that's the scenario we're in. We may or may not be in that scenario, but that's the most immediate one, so that's where we'll plan next." 

The look-ahead preparation is limited to the coaches and scouting staff, however, Belichick said, as the players will stick to Miami this week. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

are you trying to say the inventor  of  "one game at a time" was looking ahead and also did the same in his team preparations causing yesterdays stinker?  If so, thats fine, im just making sure thats why you posted this. I know I havent seen rusty lately sooooo...Naaah! never mind.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

There is a huge difference between not wanting to show anything before the playoffs and not gameplanning for your opponent. Either way, after the way the Patriots came out against the 49ers, there was no excuse for coming out flat against the Jags. It is the good thing the Jags were bad enough for Patriots to overcome this week's terrible start. 

I still believe this team can string together enough complete games to win the Super Bowl, but  I would also not be surprised by if they do not make it past the divisional round.

When they are playing well, the Patriots are the best team in the NFL. Honestly, I believe that the Patriots playing at 100% can beat any other team playing at 100%.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

....900 + posts in 21 days.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

There is a huge difference between not wanting to show anything before the playoffs and not gameplanning for your opponent. Either way, after the way the Patriots came out against the 49ers, there was no excuse for coming out flat against the Jags. It is the good thing the Jags were bad enough for Patriots to overcome this week's terrible start. 

I still believe this team can string together enough complete games to win the Super Bowl, but  I would also not be surprised by if they do not make it past the divisional round.

When they are playing well, the Patriots are the best team in the NFL. Honestly, I believe that the Patriots playing at 100% can beat any other team playing at 100%.

I agree the Pats can beat anyone on any Sunday and only 6 or 7 teams can say that going into the playoffs. The Arizona Cardinals of 2008 was the only team in my recent memory that i was shocked that they made the super bowl. The 2003 Panthers were probably the next big surprise for me previously. While I do think the Pats can beat everyone I do not think their 100% is the best out there. I actually believe the Packers are deeper and more talented than the Pats. I think the Pats have a better head coach but the Packers have the better defense and one of it's best players has been hurt. Offensively the Pats may be better but not by much. This is actually an interesting debate. For several years the Chargers 100% was as good as it got but they could never get it done when it counted.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

I agree the Pats can beat anyone on any Sunday and only 6 or 7 teams can say that going into the playoffs. The Arizona Cardinals of 2008 was the only team in my recent memory that i was shocked that they made the super bowl. The 2003 Panthers were probably the next big surprise for me previously. While I do think the Pats can beat everyone I do not think their 100% is the best out there. I actually believe the Packers are deeper and more talented than the Pats. I think the Pats have a better head coach but the Packers have the better defense and one of it's best players has been hurt. Offensively the Pats may be better but not by much. This is actually an interesting debate. For several years the Chargers 100% was as good as it got but they could never get it done when it counted.   

You are probably right. I guess for me the issue is more that I used to be shocked when the Patriots played below 100% in the playoffs, but over the past few seasons it has not been uncommon. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

You are probably right. I guess for me the issue is more that I used to be shocked when the Patriots played below 100% in the playoffs, but over the past few seasons it has not been uncommon. 

If you look at some of the playoff wins in the super bowl years the offense was often pedestrian but the defense was lights out. Carolina in 2003 and Pittsburgh in 2004 are the two where the offense was better than their seasonal average.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

that last sentence also describes the Cowboys of recent vintage

tons of talent, at times gaudy numbers but nothing when it counts

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Yup. And the Texans played a vanilla defense versus the Pats and let us not forget the Niners going from lock on man in the first half and zone in the second half versus the Pats. We all know what TB does to zone coverages. That's setting your opposition up for the playoffs. Why bother with Crusty? He read BB's book and that makes him the most intelligent poster on this board by his own admittance.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Ya rusty,

It's truly amazing that with your high IQ and superior reading comprehension, that you could miss the 4 paragraphs that state; while the coaches might be looking ahead, the TEAM IS CONCENTRATING ON MIAMI! 

Imagine that!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

Ya rusty,

It's truly amazing that with your high IQ and superior reading comprehension, that you could miss the 4 paragraphs that state; while the coaches might be looking ahead, the TEAM IS CONCENTRATING ON MIAMI! 

Imagine that!

Of course he's going to say that, which is what I said ABOVE ALREADY. BB will never publicly state some info, especially saying something like "hey guys, we're not going to load up our playbook v.s. 2-12 Jax this week".....even if he doesn't load up the gameplan. 

How hard is this to grasp? He's infamous for doing this since the 2003 season or any season when NE has a division wrapped early and is essentially set in a seed.   

That said, if Houston loses in the 1PM game, expect BB to be more liberal with plays on both sides of the ball if he needs them, in order to get the obvious 2 seed.

You're delusional if you don't think he thinks in this manner.

Of course he is going to state that, really?  Well he publically stated he is looking ahead but denies the team is.  Are you sure?  Did you consult with him before making your INSANE claim?

It's not like the Miami game or the no game plan Jax game, have any bearing on seating and who they will ultimately play, right????????  DUH

Sections
Shortcuts