Deion Branch Back to Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegas12. Show vegas12's posts

Deion Branch Back to Pats

Adam Schefter just reported the Seattle is taking trade offers for Deion Branch.  That would solve the 3rd receiver problem, no?  Let's keep our fingers crossed. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

Re: Deion Branch Back to Pats

No thanks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Yes, that the Pats don't trade for him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Where's Randy Vataha?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

It is one of the few moves that make sense.

Seattle would have to eat some of that contract though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Deion Branch Back to Pats:
    [QUOTE]Adam Schefter just reported the Seattle is taking trade offers for Deion Branch.  That would solve the 3rd receiver problem, no?  Let's keep our fingers crossed. 
    Posted by vegas12[/QUOTE]

By the way, love your headline.  Not the slightest bit sensational or misleading, say like "Pope rapes nun". 

"No, the Pope hasn't been charged with raping a nun, but what if he was?"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

How many catches can he make on the sideline injured?  He might play half the games for us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

i hope not with all his injuries. he has a hefty contract still.if it was a few years back,i would like the idea.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tigersmith. Show Tigersmith's posts

this better be a joke

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Please don't create thread titles that lead readers to believe that a move has already happened.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegas12. Show vegas12's posts

They might be doing the roster moves (tully/alexander) to free up some $ to absorb some of the contract. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

In Response to Re: Deion Branch Back to Pats:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Deion Branch Back to Pats : By the way, love your headline.  Not the slightest bit sensational or misleading, say like "Pope rapes nun".  "No, the Pope hasn't been charged with raping a nun, but what if he was?"
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

Great post! TFF!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Rather see Edelman get the PT

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegas12. Show vegas12's posts

from Mike Reiss today:

From a pure media speculation standpoint, it makes sense to think that Seahawks receiver Deion Branch is one player the Patriots would at least inquire about.

Branch is Seattle's No. 3a/3b target, so the Seahawks -- who are struggling and might consider trading with the future in mind -- currently have depth at the position. Branch knows the Patriots' system, so that would shorten any big learning curve at a position where the Patriots haven't had a No. 3 target emerge alongside Randy Moss and Wes Welker.

As Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio said Monday, there are a lot of moving parts involving potential trades, from compensation to the trade partner and contract considerations to the player. In the case of Branch, if the Patriots were to acquire him, they would probably want to restructure his contract and have some considerations should his previously injured knee become an issue.

The trade deadline fuels plenty of speculation, and the possibility of a Branch-Patriots reunion is just that -- speculation.

But for one day, it's fun to think of the possibilities and play the role of armchair general manager.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from falline. Show falline's posts

Why? Has he even played 5 games since he left. He did nothing in Seattle....
    Edelman is better than he is now...

NO! PLEASE NO!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Deion is perhaps a deal I would consider if they were not on the hook for the remainder of that stupid contract... remember they let him go rather then sign him to a simmilar contract and rightly so. I could see this move happening if Seattle takes a huge bite of that deal and doesn't get more then a 2nd round pick... I would prefer giving up a 3rd or 4th for him though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Why? Has he even played 5 games since he left. He did nothing in Seattle.... Edelman is better than he is now... NO! PLEASE NO!
    Posted by falline[/QUOTE]

Edelman is a slot receiver.  NE needs another outside receiver to play opposite Moss.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from falline. Show falline's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Deion Branch Back to Pats : Edelman is a slot receiver.  NE needs another outside receiver to play opposite Moss.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

mbeaulieu07

You are correct. My statement was to the slot on the receiving core. The Pats just gave Aiken an extension this morning, so I think that shows they have confidense in him being the number three. I am saying keep Edelman as the 4th receiver. DON"T bring back Dion...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]They might be doing the roster moves (tully/alexander) to free up some $ to absorb some of the contract. 
    Really!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegas12. Show vegas12's posts

I can't understand those that would not want him. He is the the anthesis of Galloway; not a pure speed guy but has innate understanding of the system. I could see him being productive for many more years a` la Troy Brown.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

I'm not sure I identify with those opposed to trading for Branch.  We could have been a better team with him these past several years if we had him.  I agree that between Nunn, Tate and Edelman we have three young receivers who could contribute if called upon and would be good long term investments.  Still, the future is now with this team.  They have a chance to win the SuperBowl every year that Brady is behind center.  Why not, at the very least, make an attempt to reacquire him?

My only hesitation is that everyone has been saying "he knows the system".  That's not entirely true.  He and Brady had great chemestry and I'm certain he would fit into the offense very easily if he were to return.  However, there have been a lot of changes to this team and the play calling since he left.  He'd have to pick up a lot of new plays but I don't think that's a reason to throw the idea out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

[QUOTE]I can't understand those that would not want him. He is the the anthesis of Galloway; not a pure speed guy but has innate understanding of the system. I could see him being productive for many more years a` la Troy Brown.

Wonderful thought but Deion is a lot closer to Nomar in terms of  durability than he ever will be to Troy Brown....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]Where's Randy Vataha?
    Posted by Yapple[/QUOTE]

He teaches racquetball at a nursing home here in Florida.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

This just in: Troy Brown to Patriots

Lest we all forget, Branch could not have burned his bridge any more thoroughly on his way out of town when he still had one year on his contract, short of adding a viscious beating on the mascot on his way out of the facilities.  It was probably amongst the messiest exits of any former Pats player, right up there with Ty Law and Terry Glenn.  BB will never, never, never bring back Branch...or Law...or Milloy.  It all needs a rest.

This just in: Terry Glenn to Patriots.

See how silly it looks.

And I have to say, I expect better of Mike Reiss.  The ESPN culture of sensationalism apparently taints even the best.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Deion Branch Back to Pats : Edelman is a slot receiver.  NE needs another outside receiver to play opposite Moss.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]
    GO FUHHK URSELF DB SHKS BALLS!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts