Deion Branch has something to say

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Deion Branch has something to say

“Aaron is a great guy and a great friend of mine and a great teammate,” Branch told The Herald “I love him to death, and it was shocking to hear his name involved in this situation. I truly hope and pray he doesn’t have any dealings with it.”

On Saturday, Branch didn’t have anything negative to say about Hernandez.

“That’s my guy, man,” Branch said of Hernandez. “That’s my guy. It really shocked me. He was a great kid. Overall, I hope the best that he isn’t involved with it and I hope he gets his name cleared, but most importantly I send my prayers and condolences out to the Lloyd family.”

Branch said there was nothing in his association with Hernandez on or off the field that led him to believe he was capable of murder, but details recently emerging from Hernandez’s past seem to suggest otherwise.

--------------------

While the New England Patriots organization is distancing itself from embattled former tight end Aaron Hernandez, former Patriots receiver and Albany native Deion Branch isn’t bailing on his ex-teammate just yet.

Hernandez is charged with the first-degree murder of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd, a semi-pro football player whose body was found about a mile from Hernandez’s North Attleborough, Mass., home.

Branch is currently a free agent, but has spent most of his 11 years in the NFL — including the last three — with the Patriots and was Hernandez’s teammate for two seasons. Branch even lives across the street from Hernandez in North Attleborough and came to the defense of the tight end Saturday during his 8th annual Skills and Drills camp at Albany State University, saying he frequently visited his house and was “shocked” to hear that he was accused of murder.

Hernandez has entered a plea of not guilty but was denied bail earlier this week after Superior Court Judge Renee Dupuis said the state had a “very, very strong circumstantial case” against Hernandez. Hernandez is charged with one count of first-degree murder and five other gun-related charges and was released from the Patriots 90 minutes after being arrested Wednesday morning.

In the days since his arrest, current Patriot players have remained silent about their former tight end at the request of the front office, but the organization announced Friday that it would offer anybody with a Hernandez jersey a free exchange for another Patriots jersey.

http://m.albanyherald.com/news/2013/jun/29/branch-speaks-out-calls-embattled-former-teammate-/?templates=mobile

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Deion Branch has something to say

I'm not surprised in the least that Branch would say this.

photo BBandtheRat_zpsc338a3a1.gif

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

If I lived across the street from Hernandez I'd say the same thing, I wouldn't want to wake up at 3 in the morning with Hernandez standing over my bed.

"I just broke out friend...you are the first guy I'm visiting"--Aaron Hernandez

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Branch is free to say whatever he wants as a free man and free agent in NFL. But to the Pats, this is not the time for someone associated with the organization to make that kind of public pronouncement when the club is taking every step to distance itself from Hernandez, including offering to exchange football jerseys carried his name. Branch probably already knows that the team has no plan to bring him back.

Living well is the best revenge.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

Branch is free to speak as a free agent. He probably alrady knows that there is no plan to bring him back.

Stick a fork in him. He's done.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

Branch is free to speak as a free agent. He probably alrady knows that there is no plan to bring him back.

This has nothing to do with being free to speak or going against the Patriot way.  Matt Light is retired, he said what he said, I think that's how he truly felt.  I don't think he was trying to keep within the Patriot way.  I think the same here, Branch knew him, had thoughts about him and the situation, that's that. 

I had not seen another teammate/former teammate make any remarks about Hernandez other then Light and Harrison, so I thought I would post these Branch remarks.  No hidden agenda, just sharing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Dion Branch must be a Jim Jones disciple!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

TFB12

Like I said, Branch is entitled to his opinion, but Matt Light was speaking as an ex-Patriot player. I am just saying that Branch is probably not in future plans of the organization and he knows that, and he is, in a sense, speaking as an ex-Pat. If Branch is not back, it is not in retaliation of what he said to the Herald.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

“Aaron is a great guy and a great friend of mine and a great teammate,” Branch told The Herald “I love him to death, and it was shocking to hear his name involved in this situation. I truly hope and pray he doesn’t have any dealings with it.”

On Saturday, Branch didn’t have anything negative to say about Hernandez.

“That’s my guy, man,” Branch said of Hernandez. “That’s my guy. It really shocked me. He was a great kid. Overall, I hope the best that he isn’t involved with it and I hope he gets his name cleared, but most importantly I send my prayers and condolences out to the Lloyd family.”

Branch said there was nothing in his association with Hernandez on or off the field that led him to believe he was capable of murder, but details recently emerging from Hernandez’s past seem to suggest otherwise.

--------------------

While the New England Patriots organization is distancing itself from embattled former tight end Aaron Hernandez, former Patriots receiver and Albany native Deion Branch isn’t bailing on his ex-teammate just yet.

Hernandez is charged with the first-degree murder of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd, a semi-pro football player whose body was found about a mile from Hernandez’s North Attleborough, Mass., home.

Branch is currently a free agent, but has spent most of his 11 years in the NFL — including the last three — with the Patriots and was Hernandez’s teammate for two seasons. Branch even lives across the street from Hernandez in North Attleborough and came to the defense of the tight end Saturday during his 8th annual Skills and Drills camp at Albany State University, saying he frequently visited his house and was “shocked” to hear that he was accused of murder.

Hernandez has entered a plea of not guilty but was denied bail earlier this week after Superior Court Judge Renee Dupuis said the state had a “very, very strong circumstantial case” against Hernandez. Hernandez is charged with one count of first-degree murder and five other gun-related charges and was released from the Patriots 90 minutes after being arrested Wednesday morning.

In the days since his arrest, current Patriot players have remained silent about their former tight end at the request of the front office, but the organization announced Friday that it would offer anybody with a Hernandez jersey a free exchange for another Patriots jersey.

http://m.albanyherald.com/news/2013/jun/29/branch-speaks-out-calls-embattled-former-teammate-/?templates=mobile

Balanced reporting, TFB. Good job. As I explained what would happen next, days ago in my post referring to the family dynamic and closing the ranks of his team to promote and restore focus, and as this reports now supports, "In the days since his arrest, current Patriot players have remained silent about their former tight end at the request of the front office" shows that BB has already "closed ranks" and is demanding that his players tune out the noise and start steering their complete focus on camp preperations. Phase one in making the best of an aweful situation. Great coaches take every opportuinity, good and bad, to DEMAND more control over his players thought processes even before "boot camp" starts. Ideal situation to capitalize on? NO, of course not. Effective for the Team's longer term success. Absolutely. Thanks, TFB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Balanced reporting, TFB. Good job. As I explained what would happen next, days ago in my post referring to the family dynamic and closing the ranks of his team to promote and restore focus, and as this reports now supports, "In the days since his arrest, current Patriot players have remained silent about their former tight end at the request of the front office" shows that BB has already "closed ranks" and is demanding that his players tune out the noise and start steering their complete focus on camp preperations. Phase one in making the best of an aweful situation. Great coaches take every opportuinity, good and bad, to DEMAND more control over his players thought processes even before "boot camp" starts. Ideal situation to capitalize on? NO, of course not. Effective for the Team's longer term success. Absolutely. Thanks, TFB.

Hey Rally, Thanks!  btw, what's happening?  Haven't seen ya here for a couple days.  I agree, and BB has done a great job of this so far and from what we have seen in the past concerning distractions, they will continue to do a good job with this.  But there is no doubt that there will be even a bigger media circus come the start of camp.  But now the Hernandez situation will take over much of the circus that would have been mainly focused on Tebow. I have no doubt they Pats can and will control it, but there is going to be an onslaught of media covering the Patriots when they return to camp and the majority of questions are going to start off concerning Hernandez. 

I have two questions for you... While we know the players have been told to stay focused, remain silent about Hernandez, do you think we will see any current Patriots players say anything at all about him?  Second question... I am sure it will be somewhat strange, possibly dreary,  for many or even all the players and coaches, to come in when camp opens and not see Hernandez there, his locker cleaned out, everything to do with him will be gone.  What type of affect will this have on the players?  This is a bit different of a situation then the spygate situation or Tebow coming in.  This is a loss of a teammate under very unreal circumstances.  Thanks!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Hey Rally, Thanks!  btw, what's happening?  Haven't seen ya here for a couple days.  I agree, and BB has done a great job of this so far and from what we have seen in the past concerning distractions, they will continue to do a good job with this.  But there is no doubt that there will be even a bigger media circus come the start of camp.  But now the Hernandez situation will take over much of the circus that would have been mainly focused on Tebow. I have no doubt they Pats can and will control it, but there is going to be an onslaught of media covering the Patriots when they return to camp and the majority of questions are going to start off concerning Hernandez. 

I have two questions for you... While we know the players have been told to stay focused, remain silent about Hernandez, do you think we will see any current Patriots players say anything at all about him?  Second question... I am sure it will be somewhat strange, possibly dreary,  for many or even all the players and coaches, to come in when camp opens and not see Hernandez there, his locker cleaned out, everything to do with him will be gone.  What type of affect will this have on the players?  This is a bit different of a situation then the spygate situation or Tebow coming in.  This is a loss of a teammate under very unreal circumstances.  Thanks!

TFB, in my sometimes not so humble opinion:

1. BB and the position coaches have instructed ALL MEMBERS of the team from training staff to equipment managers to family members to comply with a "gag order". This is not as much for the protection of Aaron Hernandez as it is a test of unified and individual discipline and their ability to comply with direct instructions from the organization. They certainly will be allowed to speak to the authorities to assist in the investigation, but when it comes to Aaron, I WOULD BE SHOCKED if you see any quotes from training camp eligible players from this point forward outside of "next question" or "Aaron is no longer a member of the NE Patriot Organization and I am here to speak about the New England Patriots". Again, the extra discipline serves to galvanize over all team discipline and unity.

2. NFL preseason camp and the season for that matter is an ongoing competition to get or to keep your job. By the time these guys get to camp and settle in, Aaron will honestly be the last thing they want to think about. They will be thinking, "I have to focus, learn my job, make this team, or I go to plan B.....what the hell is my plan B?" If they go to camp dwelling on anything other than learning and doing their job, they will only be cheating themselves. Aaron will be an afterthought of most of the guys on the team. They will all be more focused on "WHO STEPS UP and WHO GETS THAT OPEN SLOT?". The family unit builds after the final cuts. Aaron was a casualty to his own ignorance and threw away "what I am here fighting my ace off for". "Thanks for opening an additional slot Aaron!" 

I know it sounds cut throat, but that is what trainning camp and competition for millions of dollars and fighting for a job in the NFL is really like. Those who make the final cut become the survivors of the camp war and unify build from there, and Aaron missed the entire war and didn't have anything to do with them. By the time the first game starts, he won't even be mentioned amongst them more than likely. Thanks for asking, TFB.

One last thing.....Aaron Hernandez didn't tragicaly die in a car accident or anything. He threw what the rest of the guys on this team consider A DREAM away. They think just like we do: "You stupid fool, What the hell did you do!" If anything they are angry and motivated to not duplicate his stupidity. I doubt any of them feel sorry for him. He is essentially the black sheep and has been extradited from the "family" by even to those who cared about him like a brother.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

1. BB and the position coaches have instructed ALL MEMBERS of the team from training satff to equipment managers to family members to comply with a "gag order". This is not as much for the protection of Aaron Hernandez as it is a test of unified and individual discipline and their ability to comply with direct instructions from the organization. They certainly will be allowed to speak to the authorities to assist in the investigation, but when it comes to Aaron, I WOULD BE SHOCKED if you see any quotes from training camp eligible players from this point forward outside of "next question" or "Aaron is no longer a memeber of the NE Patriot Organization and I am here to speakk about the New England Patriots". Again, the extra discipline serves to galvanize over all team discipline and unity.

You are probably exactly right on this and we have seen this in the past so to see any different would be, like you said, shocking..  I'm sure the "Aaron is no longer a member of the NE Patriot Organization and I am here to speak about the New England Patriots" quote is going to get a lot of use there. 

2. NFL preseason camp and the season for that matter is an ongoing competition to get or to keep your job. By the time these guys get to camp and settle in, Aaron will honestly be the lat thing they want to think about. They will be thinking, "I have to focus, learn my job, make this team, or I go to plan B.....wha the hell is my plan B?" If they go to camp dwelling on anything other than learning and doing their job, they will only be cheating themselves. Aaron will be an afterthought of most of the guys on the team. They will all be more focused on "WHO STEPS UP and WHO GETS THAT OPEN SLOT". The family unit builds after the final cuts. Aaron was a casualty to his own ignorance and threw away "what I am here fighting my ace off for". "Thanks for opening an additional slot Aaron!" 

I know it sounds cut throat, but that is what trainning camp and competition for millions of dollars and fightin g for a job in the NFL is really like. Those who make the final cut become the survivors of the camp war and Aaron misswed the entire war. By the time the first game starts, he won't even be mentioned amongst them more than likely. Thanks for asking, TFB.

Yes, that is cut throat, lol!  But a very good point that it is an opening for another player to get the vacated spot.   It will certainly be very interesting to watch, my eyes will be glued to all the tv coverage come July 26th.  Thanks for the insight.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

1. BB and the position coaches have instructed ALL MEMBERS of the team from training satff to equipment managers to family members to comply with a "gag order". This is not as much for the protection of Aaron Hernandez as it is a test of unified and individual discipline and their ability to comply with direct instructions from the organization. They certainly will be allowed to speak to the authorities to assist in the investigation, but when it comes to Aaron, I WOULD BE SHOCKED if you see any quotes from training camp eligible players from this point forward outside of "next question" or "Aaron is no longer a memeber of the NE Patriot Organization and I am here to speakk about the New England Patriots". Again, the extra discipline serves to galvanize over all team discipline and unity.

You are probably exactly right on this and we have seen this in the past so to see any different would be, like you said, shocking..  I'm sure the "Aaron is no longer a member of the NE Patriot Organization and I am here to speak about the New England Patriots" quote is going to get a lot of use there. 

2. NFL preseason camp and the season for that matter is an ongoing competition to get or to keep your job. By the time these guys get to camp and settle in, Aaron will honestly be the lat thing they want to think about. They will be thinking, "I have to focus, learn my job, make this team, or I go to plan B.....wha the hell is my plan B?" If they go to camp dwelling on anything other than learning and doing their job, they will only be cheating themselves. Aaron will be an afterthought of most of the guys on the team. They will all be more focused on "WHO STEPS UP and WHO GETS THAT OPEN SLOT". The family unit builds after the final cuts. Aaron was a casualty to his own ignorance and threw away "what I am here fighting my ace off for". "Thanks for opening an additional slot Aaron!" 

I know it sounds cut throat, but that is what trainning camp and competition for millions of dollars and fightin g for a job in the NFL is really like. Those who make the final cut become the survivors of the camp war and Aaron misswed the entire war. By the time the first game starts, he won't even be mentioned amongst them more than likely. Thanks for asking, TFB.

Yes, that is cut throat, lol!  But a very good point that it is an opening for another player to get the vacated spot.   It will certainly be very interesting to watch, my eyes will be glued to all the tv coverage come July 26th.  Thanks for the insight.

Hey man, another thing.....regardless of what you or anyone here thinks or says about who I am or what I say I've done in my life, I admittedly have acted like an idiot in responding so offensively. Not knowing me, as none of you do,  I too would have reacted with similar scepticism in the same manner as you and others did in evaluating the obnoxiously cavalier way that I came off about it all. I said some 
    pretty low crap to you specifially. Again, aplologies for anything that I may have said here about you or your family........Thanks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

I understand where Branch is coming from and he knew him better than I did, I still can't comprehend it.  Group of my friends enjoying the pool and the beautiful North Carolina weather trying to get our heads around why this happened I look at pictures of him  and I just don't understand it. and isn't ok for for Branch to say I loved the guy, while everyone else is piling on.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

or mebbe what he's saying between the lines is more like: hey BB. I'm still around. I'm still a team player. I know the system.  I'd like a job this season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hey man, another thing.....regardless of what you or anyone here thinks or says about who I am or what I say I've done in my life, I admittedly have acted like an idiot in responding so offensively. Not knowing me, as none of you do,  I too would have reacted with similar scepticism in the same manner as you and others did in evaluating the obnoxiously cavalier way that I came off about it all. I said some 
    pretty low crap to you specifially. Again, aplologies for anything that I may have said here about you or your family........Thanks.

Thanks, Rally!  We squashed this a few days ago and in doing so I have put all that behind me.  So everything is cool with me between us.  We had some epic and heated exchanges on here and I apologize to you for the part I played in that, and for the derogatory things I said about you.  I hope I didn't bring your family into it, if I did I apologize for that also.

As far it goes with me, that is all in the past.   I look forward to the insight and perspective you can bring to this forum based on your experiences.  Lot's of good and fun people here, on this forum, always much more fun when everyone gets along. 

Maybe one day it will slip and the teams you played for will be revealed, lol!!  Lots of fun discussions could be had with that info.  I have known a few people who played pro football, one was a RB for the Steelers for a season before being traded.  He had some very good stories and was just plain fun and interesting to hear about the pro level.  Thanks, Rally!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

I understand where Branch is coming from and he knew him better than I did, I still can't comprehend it.  Group of my friends enjoying the pool and the beautiful North Carolina weather trying to get our heads around why this happened I look at pictures of him  and I just don't understand it. and isn't ok for for Branch to say I loved the guy, while everyone else is piling on.

I don't think any normal person could ever comprehind why he did it, especially with all that he had.  Just watching him emotionless during the bail hearings was disturbing to watch.  The only real emotion I have seen from him during this was the split second reaction he had when he opened his door and was told he was being arrested.  That's it!

Imagine what all those little kids who were fans of his are feeling right now.  The confusuion they must have about all of this.  Everything about this is very sad.  I have a few season of Pats games saved on my dvr's and it will even be strange to go back and watch those games with him in.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

balderdash

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Per Reiss Branch stressed that he wanted justice above whatever he felt about AH. I think Branch is trying to say he didn't see this coming either and is honest about his feelings prior to the murder.

It also puts a little nuance on AH. As we now know - or think we know - AH is a stone cold killer, but life and persons aren't only good or bad. It's entirely possible that AH was also a nice guy, a good father, and good friend, which only makes the whole thing even more tragic.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Rodney Dangerfield used to tell a joke about how everyone who knew the murderer says he was 'a quiet man'. Everyone knew Hernadez was a punk but it's quite a stretch to go from that to premeditated murder.

Evil's work computer name ( don't tell the boss )

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Very nice of you to display contrition.

Now tell us who you are as a former NFL player and we will be able to more fully embrace your expertise.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Very nice of you to display contrition.

Now tell us who you are as a former NFL player and we will be able to more fully embrace your expertise.

Good morning Babe. First, my apologies to you also for all of the old man jokes and insulting stuff. In the end, you seem to be pretty sincere supporter of the New England Patriots and as such, I should be embracing your posts instead of retalliating in such a foolish manner to your understandable denials to who I say I am beyond BDC. The fact is, I can't tell you, or anyone else here who I am. I have a different life now than what I did when playing. As I mentioned here, I now do "sensitive" work for the U.S. government. Just like anyone else, I prefer to keep my privacy secure. I have family, just like everybody else, who I need to think about too. You never know, especialy with some of the stuff we all say here, I could compromise my own safety. I'd just like to make sure none of it could come back with some crazy looking me up or running to the media, etc. I'm sure you get it. But, I will promise this much....I shall refrain from rediculous dialogues and name caling and will continue to post what I see as honest, interpretations on the subject of the OP. In doing so, I hope that you will see from the content of my posts that I am genuinely who I say and that I have done what I say I have. I maintain that I have an excellent personal perspective on the game of football and I will keep it to that. I'd like to have a good rapport with all who post here and as you will see, am committed to doing my part in repairing and building positive relationships here. Call my first 1200 or so posts a lesson in both humility and humanity. Sorry I can't share much more than that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Thanks, Rally!  We squashed this a few days ago and in doing so I have put all that behind me.  So everything is cool with me between us.  We had some epic and heated exchanges on here and I apologize to you for the part I played in that, and for the derogatory things I said about you.  I hope I didn't bring your family into it, if I did I apologize for that also.

As far it goes with me, that is all in the past.   I look forward to the insight and perspective you can bring to this forum based on your experiences.  Lot's of good and fun people here, on this forum, always much more fun when everyone gets along. 

Maybe one day it will slip and the teams you played for will be revealed, lol!!  Lots of fun discussions could be had with that info.  I have known a few people who played pro football, one was a RB for the Steelers for a season before being traded.  He had some very good stories and was just plain fun and interesting to hear about the pro level.  Thanks, Rally!

Excellent. Likewise. When it comes to the Steelers, I had a very good friend who played with them too for a while. Terry Long, played center and guard for them back in the eighties. I think he's still known for having been the strongest man in NFL history. I know for sure he was at the time. Like A-Hern, physical strength doesn't always equate to mental health. Unfortunately, as you may remember he was all roided out and fell subject to the NFL's investigations and in the end, after several good seasons with them, he decided to take his own life because of it. I'll share some details on him maybe here one day. Tragic, very sad story. I'm sure your friend knows al about it. 

Sections
Shortcuts