Deion Branch has something to say

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Deion Branch has something to say

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Hey man, another thing.....regardless of what you or anyone here thinks or says about who I am or what I say I've done in my life, I admittedly have acted like an idiot in responding so offensively. Not knowing me, as none of you do,  I too would have reacted with similar scepticism in the same manner as you and others did in evaluating the obnoxiously cavalier way that I came off about it all. I said some 
    pretty low crap to you specifially. Again, aplologies for anything that I may have said here about you or your family........Thanks.

Very nice of you to display contrition.

Now tell us who you are as a former NFL player and we will be able to more fully embrace your expertise.

Good morning Babe. First, my apologies to you also for all of the old man jokes and insulting stuff. In the end, you seem to be pretty sincere supporter of the New England Patriots and as such, I should be embracing your posts instead of retalliating in such a foolish manner to your understandable denials to who I say I am beyond BDC. The fact is, I can't tell you, or anyone else here who I am. I have a different life now than what I did when playing. As I mentioned here, I now do "sensitive" work for the U.S. government. Just like anyone else, I prefer to keep my privacy secure. I have family, just like everybody else, who I need to think about too. You never know, especialy with some of the stuff we all say here, I could compromise my own safety. I'd just like to make sure none of it could come back with some crazy looking me up or running to the media, etc. I'm sure you get it. But, I will promise this much....I shall refrain from rediculous dialogues and name caling and will continue to post what I see as honest, interpretations on the subject of the OP. In doing so, I hope that you will see from the content of my posts that I am genuinely who I say and that I have done what I say I have. I maintain that I have an excellent personal perspective on the game of football and I will keep it to that. I'd like to have a good rapport with all who post here and as you will see, am committed to doing my part in repairing and building positive relationships here. Call my first 1200 or so posts a lesson in both humility and humanity. Sorry I can't share much more than that.

Okay. But if you cannot back up that you are a former NFL player you shouldn't trot that out as evidence of a superior insight into the game.

It's not as if players have any greater insight into the game anyway. They constantly disagree with each other's assessments and are just as wrong just as often as the average fan. Hell, Matt Millen was a player and he was terrible as a GM.

I'll go along with the new deal of being respectful, but if you look like you're just another fake account of Rusty's trying to further his insane agenda, all bets are off.

His agenda is:

1. It's all Brady's fault.

2. There are multiple conspiracies against BB.

3. BB cannot stop Brady and the OC from passing and running the shotgun spread.

4. A poor defense is good.

5. BB is incapable of doing anything wrong whatsoever.

If you agree with that agenda you are probably him. Because I know of no poster that I am sure is for real or a RL fan that buys into that whole insane spin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Hey man, another thing.....regardless of what you or anyone here thinks or says about who I am or what I say I've done in my life, I admittedly have acted like an idiot in responding so offensively. Not knowing me, as none of you do,  I too would have reacted with similar scepticism in the same manner as you and others did in evaluating the obnoxiously cavalier way that I came off about it all. I said some pretty low crap to you specifially. Again, aplologies for anything that I may have said here about you or your family........Thanks. 

Very nice of you to display contrition. 

Now tell us who you are as a former NFL player and we will be able to more fully embrace your expertise.

Good morning Babe. First, my apologies to you also for all of the old man jokes and insulting stuff. In the end, you seem to be pretty sincere supporter of the New England Patriots and as such, I should be embracing your posts instead of retalliating in such a foolish manner to your understandable denials to who I say I am beyond BDC. The fact is, I can't tell you, or anyone else here who I am. I have a different life now than what I did when playing. As I mentioned here, I now do "sensitive" work for the U.S. government. Just like anyone else, I prefer to keep my privacy secure. I have family, just like everybody else, who I need to think about too. You never know, especialy with some of the stuff we all say here, I could compromise my own safety. I'd just like to make sure none of it could come back with some crazy looking me up or running to the media, etc. I'm sure you get it. But, I will promise this much....I shall refrain from rediculous dialogues and name caling and will continue to post what I see as honest, interpretations on the subject of the OP. In doing so, I hope that you will see from the content of my posts that I am genuinely who I say and that I have done what I say I have. I maintain that I have an excellent personal perspective on the game of football and I will keep it to that. I'd like to have a good rapport with all who post here and as you will see, am committed to doing my part in repairing and building positive relationships here. Call my first 1200 or so posts a lesson in both humility and humanity. Sorry I can't share much more than that.

Okay. But if you cannot back up that you are a former NFL player you shouldn't trot that out as evidence of a superior insight into the game.

It's not as if players have any greater insight into the game anyway. They constantly disagree with each other's assessments and are just as wrong just as often as the average fan. Hell, Matt Millen was a player and he was terrible as a GM.

I'll go along with the new deal of being respectful, but if you look like you're just another fake account of Rusty's trying to further his insane agenda, all bets are off. 

His agenda is:

If you agree with that agenda you are probably him. Because I know of no poster that I am sure is for real or a RL fan that buys into that whole insane spin.

Babe, fair enough. I too agree that sharing my past as a former player was niether fair, nor the right thing to do. I made myself vulnerable to the onslaught, and well deserved it. Why should I expect any of you to believe a perfect stranger when I myself usually don't. I guess it was my way of trying to say, "STFU, I know better than all of you because I've been there." Obviously poor judgement on my behalf. I agree that I don't know everything there is to know about the game, but please know that what I speak on, I feel confident in. As for what you refer to as "Rusty's agenda":

Me: Based on what I've read from Rusty, I do not see it as him blaming everything on Tom. I see him as trying to get others to see the deficiencies in Tom's game and as a leader. I love Tom Brady, and I do think he is one of, if not the greatest QB in NFL history. But that doesn't mean that I don't see areas where he can be called to the carpet on.

Me: Understood. Conspiracies are a constant topic in my present line of work. Real or not, I try not to subscribe to the idea of their actual existance. If there is one then I certainly don't know what it could be. What he's done wrong, he's been called out on. Does he get a higher level of scrutiny? YES. But that's the price of always being on the top. Everybody is constantly scrutinizing everything that you do. He is also the greatest football coach in NFL history, and is a very very disciplined GM who stays with HIS plan. 

Me: Yes, he can. BB just chooses not to because of the immense success they have enjoyed over the years. What He needs to do, however, is make their useage more effective during crunch time by adding more balance. Easier said than done!

Me: Many times folks misinterpret a bend, don't break D as a poor D. Thats not true. Bend, don't break Ds can be very effective especially if it means lots of yardage in between the 20's without surrendering TDs. A "poor" D isn't ever good and I must say that I've not seen where Rusty says it that way. 

Me: Again, I do know he is an rabid supporter of BB but the way I interpret his writing is in defense of BB on decisions that all of us chalenge Bill on here. I hear Rusty trying to say, "OK, YOU ALL KNOW BETTER THAN BB when it comes to Patriot football!" Admittedly, Though I don't think BB is perfect, I do think I am gald he's the one making all of the decisions for my favorite team and not ANY of us.......... 

So, there is my line in the sand on all of those "agendas". In closing, Babe. I appreciate the opportunity for a new start. I will stick to my above positions and try to not waffle like I see others do from time to time. Until of course "BILL SCREWED UP BY NOT CHALLENGING THAT PLAY!!!" Ha! Thank God we don't have to be perfect, and thank him again for giving us the strength to admit that we are not! Peace to ya Babe. Looking forward.................

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Based on what I've read from him, I do not see it as him blaming everything on Tom. I see him as trying to get others to see the deficiencies in Tom's game and as a leader. I love Tom Brady, and I do think he is one of, if not the greatest QB in NFL history. But that doesn't mean that I don't see areas where he can be called to the carpet on.

Of course Brady is not perfect. But if "he is one of, if not the greatest QB in NFL history" then he is not your big problem and Rusty constantly harping on that while leaving the rest of the team virtually unscathed is insane.

Perfect example. The safety in the last SB. In Rusty's mind (and others, who just don't know this game to save their lives) that is all on Brady. But in reality is is very much not on him. There were 7 blockers on 4 Giants rushers. Three Pats receivers were against 7 Giants defenders. There is no way in hell those 3 receivers are going to get open against that D in the 4 seconds the blockers provided. The Giants stunted their rushers and beat the block with Vollmer getting a hit on the guy who broke through not slowing him down but actually accelerating him toward Brady. Meanwhile Ellis goes into the line after the play action and goes down which sucks because he was to be the outlet receiver just in case of what happened happening. You could point fingers all over the field at people making mistakes other than Brady who just got rid of the ball as best he could in the face of a guy in his face.

But this is classic Rusty error. He invariably looks at Brady and ignores the multitude of suck that is happening all around him. He will slam Brady for the '07 SB but ignore the horrendous play of the O-line. He will slam him for that game but ignore a worthless running game. He will slam him but ignore his clutch  TD to Moss when it came down to the wire and excuse the defense that collapsed with time running out. He is a classic football idiot.

He does the same things about most every loss. He will slam Brady for the last Raven's loss but ignore the complete fail of everybody around him. Multiple dropped passes are not mentioned by him. Critical fumble by Ridley? Not a word. Other team controls the ball most of the game? Not a word of complaint from him. Flacco eats the D alive with a 106 PR and 3 TD with no picks? Not a f'n word about that.

It's the same old from him at every turn. Everybody else is just fine, but Brady is the culprit. This is just a part of why that clown cannot be taken seriously.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Excellent. Likewise. When it comes to the Steelers, I had a very good friend who played with them too for a while. Terry Long, played center and guard for them back in the eighties. I think he's still known for having been the strongest man in NFL history. I know for sure he was at the time. Like A-Hern, physical strength doesn't always equate to mental health. Unfortunately, as you may remember he was all roided out and fell subject to the NFL's investigations and in the end, after several good seasons with them, he decided to take his own life because of it. I'll share some details on him maybe here one day. Tragic, very sad story. I'm sure your friend knows al about it. 

Yes, very tragic and sad story about Terry Long.   I remember watching a few years ago a documentary on either HBO or ESPN concerning the amount of ex Steelers players who have died since the year 2000.  Very sad stories, a couple of very bizarre ones too, such as Steve Courson who died from a tree he was cutting down falling on him. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Based on what I've read from him, I do not see it as him blaming everything on Tom. I see him as trying to get others to see the deficiencies in Tom's game and as a leader. I love Tom Brady, and I do think he is one of, if not the greatest QB in NFL history. But that doesn't mean that I don't see areas where he can be called to the carpet on.

Of course Brady is not perfect. But if "he is one of, if not the greatest QB in NFL history" then he is not your big problem and Rusty constantly harping on that while leaving the rest of the team virtually unscathed is insane.

Perfect example. The safety in the last SB. In Rusty's mind (and others, who just don't know this game to save their lives) that is all on Brady. But in reality is is very much not on him. There were 7 blockers on 4 Giants rushers. Three Pats receivers were against 7 Giants defenders. There is no way in hell those 3 receivers are going to get open against that D in the 4 seconds the blockers provided. The Giants stunted their rushers and beat the block with Vollmer getting a hit on the guy who broke through not slowing him down but actually accelerating him toward Brady. Meanwhile Ellis goes into the line after the play action and goes down which sucks because he was to be the outlet receiver just in case of what happened happening. You could point fingers all over the field at people making mistakes other than Brady who just got rid of the ball as best he could in the face of a guy in his face.

But this is classic Rusty error. He invariably looks at Brady and ignores the multitude of suck that is happening all around him. He will slam Brady for the '07 SB but ignore the horrendous play of the O-line. He will slam him for that game but ignore a worthless running game. He will slam him but ignore his clutch  TD to Moss when it came down to the wire and excuse the defense that collapsed with time running out. He is a classic football idiot.

He does the same things about most every loss. He will slam Brady for the last Raven's loss but ignore the complete fail of everybody around him. Multiple dropped passes are not mentioned by him. Critical fumble by Ridley? Not a word. Other team controls the ball most of the game? Not a word of complaint from him. Flacco eats the D alive with a 106 PR and 3 TD with no picks? Not a f'n word about that.

It's the same old from him at every turn. Everybody else is just fine, but Brady is the culprit. This is just a part of why that clown cannot be taken seriously.

Okay, everything you say here absolutley is valid and I agree with. For the most part, I saw the breakdowns in each of the scenarios you raised in a broader sense just like you. However, when it comes to the safety and with Tom being "one of, if not the greatest QBs in NFL history" he is everybody's focal point, especially on pass plays. The multiple internal breakdowns suffered by the team should absolutely garner more attention. And they do by the folks who really care the most, the coaches. It unfortunately comes down to high expectations with "OK, if everything fails, I know TOMMY will always at the very least minimize the damage. That's a big reason that TOM is so special, he's smart and thinks quick." I see that safety play in my head at least once a week. Its haunting. The fact is, Benny went into the line and was attempting to quickly execute the hot route with a quick out after seeing that the protection was broken from the snap. Tom had other options on how to get rid of the ball and it is practiced regularly. Normally he throws that ball at Benny's feet as quickly as he can falling down or not. If Benny is out of his line of sight, then he hits to O-lineman between he and Benny in the back with the ball. No grounding. Or, he throws the ball to a point at the sidelines 10-15 yards downfield. That way the officials are allowed to assume someone, even Benny fell and the route failed. No grounding. I agree that even where Tom threw it, it was a tough call, but a call because he left them no other choice with where he threw it. Rusty seems to be exercising the normal scrutiny and criticism that requires for TOM to pay for being TOM Terrific. We expect only the best decision making from him. Fair? No. YOUR detailed analysis lines up exactly with what Bill ALWAYS refers to when he explains that, "It takes 11-players to score a TD, make an interception, or run a kick back. No one guy is solely responsible for failure or success on a given play." ITs the REAL way to evaluate, via TEAM execution analysis. So to your defense, you are doing it the way a football tactician would do it, the other is normally how a casual fan would view it. In the end though, both assessment are correct. The team broke down, but Tom has got to make a better decision than what he did. Regardless, that was not the most critical play in the game. They are all equally as critical in the Superbowl. I getcha though.....