Deion Branch signs with Colts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Re: Deion Branch signs with Colts?

not a classy move by branch

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

There is nothing Deion can tell them. Our O is nothing like he remembers. And our running game is unknown to him as well. He has nothing left in the tank and the signing is silly and I doubt he even dresses for the game.

This basically!

But for some reason It still irks me. We dont cross over to that side.....Eva!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

DONT DO IT DEION!!!!   DONT YOU TALK TO THEM!!!  Dont be no RAT!  They Just USING YOU!!!!

[/QUOTE]

and he's using them. He wants to continue to play and this is his chance to do so. Maybe he thinks if he can prove he still has something left in the tank he might get an invite to a camp somewhere. It's a business unforunately, as BB has shown over the years, so there is no loyality left for either the teams or the players. Besides it's not like he has a reason not to sign with the Colts if it gives him another shot to play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to dgreen11211's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's going to be a strange site - Branch in Foxboro wearing a Colt's uniform...

[/QUOTE]

He lives in Indy.  Not even a change of living quarters is required.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

There is nothing Deion can tell them. Our O is nothing like he remembers. And our running game is unknown to him as well. He has nothing left in the tank and the signing is silly and I doubt he even dresses for the game.

[/QUOTE]

This basically!

[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't take ~ $50k to hang around the Colts for a few weeks?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Benedict Arnold

There's no way he plays.  I'm sure they're signing him to try to gain some competitive edge by getting some insight on the Pats playbook.

It's kind of funny when you bring Collie into the equation.

[/QUOTE]

Insight into what?  The Pats, sans their monster 2 TE tandem, are totally different than when Branch was part of the team.  Besides, when have we ever seen such a signing be integral to the signing team's success?

[/QUOTE]

hasn't stopped those on this site from talking about collie or the availability of Saturday (even if joking).  the colts not only run different systems than they did with collie or saturday, nearly none of the same personnel is left.  those two would be better suited to talk about Manning.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

He'll sabatoge the Colts when they play the Patriots if he gets a chance.Belichick now has an informant in the Colts locker room.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That's going to be a strange site - Branch in Foxboro wearing a Colt's uniform...

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

....a good point

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Knife in the back.  Just like Vinatieri

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Benedict Arnold

There's no way he plays.  I'm sure they're signing him to try to gain some competitive edge by getting some insight on the Pats playbook.

[/QUOTE]

Insight into what?  The Pats, sans their monster 2 TE tandem, are totally different than when Branch was part of the team.  Besides, when have we ever seen such a signing be integral to the signing team's success?

[/QUOTE]

hasn't stopped those on this site from talking about collie or the availability of Saturday (even if joking).  the colts not only run different systems than they did with collie or saturday, nearly none of the same personnel is left.  those two would be better suited to talk about Manning.

[/QUOTE]

Never implied anything about the Pats.  Just the overall impact of such signings regardless of the team. But, it is funny how often you see signings of this nature when the teams involved are about to play.  Branch the best available for the Colts?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Benedict Arnold

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Never implied anything about the Pats.  Just the overall impact of such signings regardless of the team. But, it is funny how often you see signings of this nature when the teams involved are about to play.  Branch the best available for the Colts?

[/QUOTE]

cheapest

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to kevin13130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This basically!

[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't take ~ $50k to hang around the Colts for a few weeks?

[/QUOTE]

Me? Well I never played for the Pats so I have no loyalty as a player. I would be very happy in my Colts Uni, but sporting a B hat repping beantown!  lol

and to be clear, I def. understand its biz and I have no ill will towards Branch. He will always be cool in my book and I dont think the signing is of any significance other than being an injury fill in for emergency purposes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Benedict Arnold

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think it is done most by the pats.  I rarely see other teams doing it. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

unexpected for sure.  Colts are making moves to give pats D more to think about.  Kind of like not knowing what to expect...  Its a good move for the colts if the guy can still play....  right...?  Can He still play arole in their offense ...   Doubtful at this stage.    

So we have Indy playing the first  "head game" chess move of  the contest...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Knife in the back.  Just like Vinatieri

[/QUOTE]

why? When it came time for him to get paid BB made a pure business decision and traded him to Sea. So, why should he have to show loyality to a team that decided to trade him instead of showing him loyality when this is a chance at an easy payday and another chance to play? I never understood this stab in the back mentality esp, given how the Pats opperate when it comes to players. It's a business and loyality is a luxary that most players don't have and most teams no longer show

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LOL.

Glad we got Collie back before they tried to get him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Benedict Arnold

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

cheapest

[/QUOTE]
    closest

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

....a good point

[/QUOTE]

When Branch move to Indianapolis and why on earth would anyone move there anyway unless they had to?

[/QUOTE]

He's been in Indy for years.  Even while with the pats.  You are just not that smat rusty.  If memory serves correctly, he went to louisville and married a girl from chicago.  Indy was conveniently in between. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

not a classy move by branch

[/QUOTE]

He has no class, so it shouldn't be a surprise.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

How conveniently weird to sign Branch ...  Sounds like something Rex Ryan might do.

Sections
Shortcuts