Deion Branch trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

Deion Branch trade

Looks like the pats are in discussion with the seahawks to bring back deion 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Deion Branch trade

In Response to Deion Branch trade:
    [QUOTE]Looks like the pats are in discussion with the seahawks to bring back deion  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/07/deion-branch-could-return-to-new-england/
    Posted by agent56[/QUOTE]

Hey while we're at it, why not Joey Galloway!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

And it begins...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Meh....  Underwhelming.  Do we really need this guy?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

I also read on si truth and rumors that Shawn Merriman is on the block and may possibly be cut.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

People are comapring a system guy like Branch, whom Brady loves, to 38 year old on dimensional Joey Galloway?

Umm.

Try again.

At WORST, he's a 4th/5th WR option in NE and a security blanket.

Keep in mind, Hernandez is essentially a WR, not a TE. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Deion Branch trade:
    [QUOTE]People are comapring a system guy like Branch, whom Brady loves, to 38 year old on dimensional Joey Galloway? Umm. Try again. ...
    Posted by WeisOffenseReturns[/QUOTE]

Umm, that was a joke.  Next time I will add the appropriate warning label: DO NOT TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Good move! Give up 6th round pick for Branch. I like it. Branch and Brady would be on the same page instantly. Question is dose Branch still have the wheels to stretch the field? Anyway you look at it, I like it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Deion Branch is not Joey Galloway. Deion was always a scrapper as a Pat, & for a few years he might have been Brady's favorite target. I'm sure TB would be excited......The way i look @ things right now Branch would be behind, welker Hernandez & Gronkowski but equal to Tate as far as offensive options....

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

(copied from my post on another thread):

This is just the annual Branch-returning-to-Pats rumor. I would be surprised if a season passed when we did not read that one.

Lest we all forget:

1) This team is rebuilding with youth and jettisoning most of the old players.
    2) BB has never brought back a player that had burned the bridge.  Branch burned the bridge as badly as any departing player did - maybe worst of all.
    3) This team would like to win the SB this year, but BB is thinking realistically for next year and beyond, which means he has to develop the young talent they have now - which takes about 3 years - instead of bringing back declining players. If you don't BB has been planning this as a 3-year rebuilding process, you haven't been paying attention. I am the crazy guy who claimed last January that BB purposely threw the Ravens game to give the Pats more leeway in free agency.  That game plan was uncharacteristically terrible, so IMO they had to know they were definitely not winning a SB w/o Welker - why make things tougher in the off-season?  Thus Vrabel goes, Seymour goes, AD goes, Seau goes, Hobbs goes, Watson goes, Maroney goes, Green goes and now Moss goes. And I would be surprised if BB didn't persuade Harrson and Bruschi to retire.

If I am proved wrong, I will eat my Sports Illustrated SB 36 Commemorative  football (if I could find it after my move last year).

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

*sniffle
    I miss his grill

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Deion Branch trade:
    [QUOTE]He bought back Otis "my man" Smith when he was like 40....and he helped us win a SB having a solid year.  I remember when he shut down Plaxx in Pittsburgh! in the playoffs.  I think he makes exceptions for older players who can still play and come on the cheap. Not saying its imminent, but I dont think Bill would rule out bringing him back because he held out.   Bill is good at separating business from frendship, and I feel no bridge was burned, they just didnt want to pay him that much.
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

Wasn't that Phifer?

Any way, completely different. Branch left on bad terms.  He isn't coming back.

If you read the Seatle report, it is so thin as to be like thin little wafer consumed by the tragic Mr. Creosote. Just your annual Branch rumor, nothing more.