Deion Branch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

Deion Branch

Branch is one of my all time favorite Patriots and is capable of being a game changer on any given Sunday.

What is his contract situation? How much longer will he be with the team?

Also...

He is a team player and doesn't have a problem with not being the number 1 target in the offense. Everyone talks about how we need a #3 receiver, when in reality we need a solid #2. I believe that Branch is capable of being a productive #3 option, and he would be okay with it at this point as long as we win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

Re: Deion Branch

I agree.... Deion is "Money" and comes up with big plays in clutch situations and has been a consistant receiver for the Pats since coming back.  I think he might have a few more good years in the tank and expect the Pats to re-sign him this off season.

I love his attitude and he is a great example of what being a "Patriot" is all about.  He is a class act for sure....

I believe this is his last year under contract and base salary will be $5.95 million in 2011.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

I can't imagine that he wouldn't want to be here as long as the Pats still want him here.  I think it's an arrangement that's mutually beneficial and Branch won't try to break the bank to stick around.  Agree 100% if they could get a speedier second option, Branch would make an ideal 3rd WR.  I don't see the Pats trying to address that need in the draft because of all the duds they've had, so who knows where that option will come from.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I love the kid and more as a person these days, and not to say I dont like his game, I just dont know what he can offer going forward. I think he has more value here obviously based on what happened in Seattle. I like his attitude, sense of humor and his leadership. I would make him the slot if Wes leaves, but remember this is a 2 TE set now. Not really a need for a big time # 3 as you can see Ocho is our # 3 and plays sparingly.

I think I would keep Branch only for insurance as he knows the system, but would def. try to upgrade with all these nice names available.

So I would offer a one year deal or 2 year with the 2nd as an option for maybe 3- 5 mill a year. Deion knows his best chance at success is here.

Wes' situation will determine a lot and seeing as he or Branch arent resigned yet, I cant say what the Pats are thinking. I know there is an oppty to upgrade this offseason and also there is security in Branch knowing he knows the system.

The recent trend of bust WR's would leave me to believe they go heavy WR in free agency or retain players already here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Given how the team kept players like Fault and Seau as role players and as the experienced vets on the team, Branch fits that role perfectly and he still can contribute.  He'll retire a Patriot and still make a comfortable living on a few million a year for 2 - 3 years.  I am certain any of us would when you are happy where you are!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

His contract ends after this season so it's up to him if he wants to come back.

To me, I agree moving forward he's a #3 and should be paid like a #3 (again it depends how he sees himself). I would like to find a larger (6'3"+ 220lb+) possession WR that has 4.5's speed as a #2 moving forward.

Of course it all depends on Branch. If he wants 1 more payday and wants to be paid like a #2 then time to cut ties again but if he's willing to be a #3 and get paid like one there is zero reason not to bring him back

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

No Doubt.. beard nailed it... he needs to become NE's third option moving forward.  He'll be in the Jabar Gaffney role next year if NE can find that number 1-2 guy.  

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Reiss reported that BB was making happy handshake at the game with Reggie Wayne, free agent next year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Deion Branch:
    [QUOTE] What is his contract situation? How much longer will he be with the team?
    Posted by oh-my-beard[/QUOTE]

He'll be here as long as TB is playing. No way he ever plays for another team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

right now is the 4th option... 

welker

gronk

hernandez

branch

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Deion Branch:
    [QUOTE]Reiss reported that BB was making happy handshake at the game with Reggie Wayne, free agent next year.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

As much as I'd love to take the Colts #1 WR from them Wayne is going to be 34 and essentially is another Welker at this point. I want a younger burner or a very young possession that will fight for the ball and punch db's at the line

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Deion Branch:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Deion Branch : As much as I'd love to take the Colts #1 WR from them Wayne is going to be 34 and essentially is another Welker at this point. I want a younger burner or a very young possession that will fight for the ball and punch db's at the line
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Argreed.  If Garcon is available we should pursue him instead.

14. This post has been removed.