Deion Branch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Deion Branch

I never thought I would say this, but we are going to need this guy Sunday. Baltimore can cover and you can bet they will take Welker out of this game and possibly Hernandez too. Lloyd will probably give us a little something, but in my opinion one of the guys that don't usually get the ball are going to have to get the ball on Sunday.

If Houston had the defensive line, you can say that Baltimore has the secondary. Last year it was Edelman that was getting the looks when Brady figured out they weren't going to let him go to Welker. Sunday it looked like Michael Hoomanawanui was running free while Brady was looking towards Welker - somebody else is going to have to be apart of this passing game Sunday...who's it going to be? 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ultpatfan. Show ultpatfan's posts

Re: Deion Branch

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I never thought I would say this, but we are going to need this guy Sunday. Baltimore can cover and you can bet they will take Welker out of this game and possibly Hernandez too. Lloyd will probably give us a little something, but in my opinion one of the guys that don't usually get the ball are going to have to get the ball on Sunday.

If Houston had the defensive line, you can say that Baltimore has the secondary. Last year it was Edelman that was getting the looks when Brady figured out they weren't going to let him go to Welker. Sunday it looked like Michael Hoomanawanui was running free while Brady was looking towards Welker - somebody else is going to have to be apart of this passing game Sunday...who's it going to be? 

[/QUOTE]
    If only Gronk...!?   Anyways, the pats are going to run the ball quite a bit i think.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I also think Vereen is a more likely candidate to take up some of the receviing slack and mismatch potential. Branch is unable to get separation well enough and consistently enough to be a regular target. He is also less likely to see time if we use two TEs which is highly likely.

But Vereen will be on the field when Ridley is not. And if they try to cover him with a LB it will be a mismatch. If they come out with a nickle package they can change the formation and run the ball with Vereen and the two TEs. Shame Gronk wont be one of those two. We may try to upgrade his backup over the offseason.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Stallworth going down was big.  Branch brings absolutely nothing At this point.  I didn't see a ball go in his direction or his named called all game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stallworth going down was big.  Branch brings absolutely nothing At this point.  I didn't see a ball go in his direction or his named called all game.

[/QUOTE]

Well, dont count him out 100% of the plays. He could catch one or two passes. And maybe make a first down. And every first down will help. But I agree that I do not expect him to be able to be a truly significant contributor.

Hoping that Lloyd steps up more then in the Houston game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree, but he blocks really well. -_-

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

vereeen is our best separating wr.

vereen starts with ridley/woody in backfield is how id do it.

along with hern and welker and the tes hoo/fells

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Vereen is the new Branch

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Baltimore usually defended Welker with Webb, without Webb...

Good luck, plus, Vereen vs. Lewis? Vereen. I do agree that Hernandez won't factor much into the game though, Reed is most likely to take him on. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

They're going to take Welker out of the game? How, Pollard going to break his leg?

He had 8 catches for 142 in their last meeting. Lloyd also went over 100 by the way (9 for 108).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good luck, plus, Vereen vs. Lewis? Vereen. I do agree that Hernandez won't factor much into the game though, Reed is most likely to take him on. 

[/QUOTE]

disagree, with vereen(if we are that smart to piut him at wr) and welker in the passing game, hern will  get his chances.

vereen can get free lloyd cant

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Michael Hoomanawanui was open all day over the middle in that Houston game, the question becomes...will Brady throw it to him?

I like Vareen doing something as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

disagree, with vereen(if we are that smart to piut him at wr) and welker in the passing game, hern will  get his chances.

vereen can get free lloyd cant

[/QUOTE]

He's not a WR, he's a RB that matches up well against S & LBs. Against a CB, he'll be defended and taken out the game. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

Michael Hoomanawanui was open all day over the middle in that Houston game, the question becomes...will Brady throw it to him?

I like Vareen doing something as well.

[/QUOTE]

Depends, he rarely ever looks off Welker. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

If Deion Branch gets quality reps against the Ravens, we are in trouble   Sad to say, but he is not the same player that he was in the SB years.  Branch is strictly a short route precision receiver and can no longer create separation.  He replaces Lloyd if necessary, but this would be a downgrade.