Deion Branch:I could care less what Chris Carter says

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Deion Branch:I could care less what Chris Carter says

From NESN.com:

FOXBORO, Mass. -- Deiondre Branch was given six months to live.

But that little fighter, the son of Patriots wide receiver Deion Branch, will celebrate his 10th birthday in April. Deiondre and his twin brother, Deiontey, were born prematurely April 10, 2001, during Branch's senior year at Louisville, and Deiondre has been battling throughout his entire life.

Deiondre lives in a nursing home in Kentucky. He gets around in a wheelchair, but he can sometimes walk with the help of a walker. He can't speak, but he has learned how to communicate. Deiondre is always making progress, and that's why his father wakes up every day with a smile so wide it could light up a room.

"He's doing great," Branch said Friday, with a passionate expression exuding from his face as he got ready at his Gillette Stadium locker. "It's real near and deep to me. That’s my child. That’s my son. That’s my all."

Deiondre's mother is in Kentucky, and that's where Deion and his wife live during the offseason.

"Everything is going great, to be honest," Branch said. "He's getting older. He's getting bigger. He's smiling a lot more. He's starting to notice a lot more things around him and the people that surround him. It's a true blessing."

Branch, the MVP of Super Bowl XXXIX, has also been doubted throughout his life, but he knows it's nothing compared to what Deiondre has gone through. That’s why, when former Vikings receiver Cris Carter launched an unprovoked attack on Branch's game last week, Branch paid no mind.

He's got bigger things to worry about -- real-life issues -- than some loudmouthed guy with an agenda. Branch doesn’t get riled up by that kind of stuff.

He's got all the motivation he needs just by looking at Deiondre, who can't play with his siblings like other 9-year-olds. But, Deiondre's got that fight, that heart of a champion, that will of a Branch. That’s the stuff that Deion lives for.

"I could care less what Cris Carter or anybody else said," Branch said. "The fact is, I've got bigger things on my table and on my plate than what another man or another woman says about me. [Deiondre] is doing great. Honestly, the situation that he's in is a blessing, going from where he was to where he is now. It's a blessing. I wake up every day, and I can't complain. He puts a smile on my face."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from memery26. Show memery26's posts

Re: Deion Branch:I could care less what Chris Carter says

In Response to Deion Branch:I could care less what Chris Carter says:
    "I could care less what Cris Carter or anybody else said," Branch said.
    Posted by mrmojo1120

I hate it when people say "I could care less," when they mean that they, in fact could NOT care less. It amazes me how many smart people mess this up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: Deion Branch:I could care less what Chris Carter says:
    In Response to Deion Branch:I could care less what Chris Carter says : I hate it when people say "I could care less," when they mean that they, in fact could NOT care less. It amazes me how many smart people mess this up.
    Posted by memery26

If you his choice of words bugs you that much you should probably be worrying about getting your priorities straight, and not posting on a Boston sports forum.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

"That's My All". Bravo Deion. Thanks for coming back to the Patriots, and forget what the haters say.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

What did the classless Carter say?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In Response to Deion Branch:I could care less what Chris Carter says : I hate it when people say "I could care less," when they mean that they, in fact could NOT care less. It amazes me how many smart people mess this up.
    Posted by memery26

I couldn't give a flying fricking $ h i t about anything you have to say

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

Posted by memery26

I enjoy partaking on this forum and all that makes my "Patriot" experience more fulfilling.
    I have never posted a critical word against another poster and even though I am loathe to "call anyone out" when it is on an internet site, I feel I must make an exception.

How can your first response to this article/post be of a grammatical criticism is beyond my belief.

I sincerely hope that you do not have children with any serious medical/life challenges and judging by your post I can be certain you do not and I am glad for you. However others do face such challenges and your post is an insult to those that find themselves in that position. 

I would recommend you chose the posts you respond to more carefully in future. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

What did the classless Carter say?
    Posted by BradyMossFan

This is from BostonHerald.com
    Former Vikings receiver and current ESPN analyst  Cris Carter became somewhat of a go-to guy for those searching for insight on Randy Moss, as Carter mentored the mercurial receiver in Minnesota. Turns out, Carter has quite an opinion on the Patriots receiver who took his place.

During an interview with WEEI Radio, Carter voiced his views on Deion Branch, whose return to New England has keyed the offense to keep on rolling along. Carter, well, isn’t impressed.

Carter didn’t hold back in this interview with WEEI Radio. Not a little bit. If you want to listen for yourself, GO HERE. He brought his flamethrower.

The ceiling with Moss with their offense is a lot higher,” Carter told the station last night. “They can be really dynamic. Like frightening. Now, if they don’t play well offensively, they’ll lose, because they have a defense that doesn’t dominate the games. Deion disappears too much against regular corners. He disappears in the game. He’s made, like, three guest appearances since the Super Bowl. … Look at his stats. Look at his game.”

Wow.

[Updated at 6:27 p.m.: Branch responded today, “I could care less.”]

This may be a minority opinion, considering Branch has eclipsed 70 yards receiving in four of his seven games in New England. And I don’t think Tom Brady is exactly complaining about Branch’s arrival, considering the comfort level they have.

Whatever, Carter doesn’t care.

(Branch) is just a guy. You guys have to be real about it,” Carter continued. “Great players, they don’t get hurt as much as the other players. There’s a difference between great ones and good ones and average ones.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Cris Carter is without a doubt one of the stupidest studio analysts out there.  And it's not just his bias against the Patriots but his overall comments about the NFL.  He is clueless and incredibly stupid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

How many times has Classless Carter won the Super Bowl MVP?  Oops, I guess he
    needs a super bowl win to get the MVP.  He doesn't have that either.

I can't stand Classless Carter or Shannon Sharpe for that matter.  So I agree, I COULDN"T CARE LESS what Classless Carter has to say!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

BTW, thanks for posting the links and quotes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

In Response to Re: Deion Branch:I could care less what Chris Carter says : This is from BostonHerald.com Former Vikings receiver and current ESPN analyst   Cris Carter became somewhat of a go-to guy for those searching for insight on Randy Moss , as Carter mentored the mercurial receiver in Minnesota. Turns out, Carter has quite an opinion on the Patriots receiver who took his place. During an interview with WEEI Radio, Carter voiced his views on Deion Branch , whose return to New England has keyed the offense to keep on rolling along. Carter, well, isn’t impressed.   Carter didn’t hold back in this interview with WEEI Radio. Not a little bit . If you want to listen for yourself, GO HERE. He brought his flamethrower. “ The ceiling with Moss with their offense is a lot higher, ” Carter told the station last night. “ They can be really dynamic. Like frightening. Now, if they don’t play well offensively, they’ll lose, because they have a defense that doesn’t dominate the games. Deion disappears too much against regular corners. He disappears in the game. He’s made, like, three guest appearances since the Super Bowl. … Look at his stats. Look at his game.” Wow. [ Updated at 6:27 p.m.: Branch responded today, “ I could care less .”] This may be a minority opinion, considering Branch has eclipsed 70 yards receiving in four of his seven games in New England. And I don’t think Tom Brady is exactly complaining about Branch’s arrival, considering the comfort level they have. Whatever, Carter doesn’t care. “ (Branch) is just a guy. You guys have to be real about it ,” Carter continued. “ Great players, they don’t get hurt as much as the other players. There’s a difference between great ones and good ones and average ones. ”
    Posted by mrmojo1120

Let's take a realistic approach to this Pat's fans and take it right from the mouth of the idiot who spewed out his ignorance as he/she always does. And those words of wisdom actually fit him/her to a tee and that is You guys have to be real bout it, "Carter continued." Great commentators Foot in mouth, they don't get any worse then other commentators. There's a difference between great ones and good ones and average ones." And then there's Carter one of the worst of all time. Does anyone really even listen to this moron? Does he ever say anything intelligent? What is it with these producers? Is there nobody else other than morons like Carter and Dieon Sanders and so on. What's so hard about getting some guys that can analyze the game without their own agenda's? All i can say is F$%k you Carter and may someone punch your punk azz face in someday.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Posted by memery26

Talk about irrelevant, and completely ruining the purpose of this post. 

Good joo00rb!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Posted by memery26

And I hate it when people misunderstand the use of verbal irony.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I find it funny that there are several individuals in the national media that dump on any and all Patriot players/coaches because they all have adjendas.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from atlpatsfan. Show atlpatsfan's posts

Everyone should take a page out of coach B's playbook and not respond to the idiots. That's why the press hate the pat's because they can't bait them into saying dumb crap so they can write a stroy about that and not have to work for a real sports story. Same reasons Ruth and Williams hated the press.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Posted by memery26

After that nice article the next post i see is yours trying to bag on his grammer. Well I COULD CARE LESS about know it alls like you!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Posted by memery26

Just to clarify,the title I used was an abridged quote from Deion.It is the first sentence in the last paragraph.I did make a mistake however when I used the word "says" instead of "said".
       Although you're correct in the grammatical sense,pointing it out seems rather  petty to me.I'm sure Deion has more important things to worry about than someone on the internet complaining about his language skills.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

How many times has Classless Carter won the Super Bowl MVP?  Oops, I guess he needs a super bowl win to get the MVP.  He doesn't have that either. I can't stand Classless Carter or Shannon Sharpe for that matter.  So I agree, I COULDN"T CARE LESS what Classless Carter has to say!
    Posted by BradyMossFan

Is it me or does Shannon Sharpe sound like he has a mouth full of marbles when he speaks?  How that guy ever made it to a high-profile pre-/post-game show simply amazes me - I can only understand about 70% of what he's saying.  Carter?  A hater - it's funny how prior players who are now announcers/color-men, that never played in or won a superbowl are the biggest Pats haters.  I love it when after a Pats win, they start a' back-trackin' faster then a bullet.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BizzaroLaw. Show BizzaroLaw's posts

Great story.Thanks

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Posted by memery26

Yes, I too hate it when people are classless d-bags focused on showing how hip they are. "memery" and the "uber cool" digital photo aren't bad until you actually post.

Sections
Shortcuts