Deion Branch's hamstring injury....are we finally going to see Taylor Price?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carbonflow. Show carbonflow's posts

Deion Branch's hamstring injury....are we finally going to see Taylor Price?

I am exicted to see Price get out on the field.  It has been reported that he is a work-in-progress, but hopefully this will be an oppurtunity for him to get playing time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Deion Branch's hamstring injury....are we finally going to see Taylor Price?

Honestly bro, I see Edelman getting more playing time over Price. It just doesn't seem like he's quite there yet and from what I know, the receiver position is very tough to pick up in this offense and in the NFL in general.

I'll be happy if either step to add another piece that defensive coordinators have to account for. If Edelman steps up and plays like what we saw in the preseason, great. I'll give Price the entire season, training camp, and expect him next year. If Edelman doesn't produce, I'll be itching for Price to at least get out there.

Also, do you think even if Price does get ready, Belichick would play him not kind of keep him under wraps? I wouldn't put it past Bill.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Re: Deion Branch's hamstring injury....are we finally going to see Taylor Price?

apd is right. Price is here to learn this year, and hopefully grow a lot year 1 to 2 (like Chung). I'm assuming they'd just throw to the TE's and Tate more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I can see them activating him but not giving him much, maybe they have a play or two where they lineup price and tate outside with edelman and hernandez/eldelman inside and try to go over top.

Price has the speed to spread the field as does Tate, Ds will have to respect that look with a tampa 2 which gives underneath a great look for the slot receivers.  If they don't Brady will hit one of those two for a bomb. 

But I agree, give this kid a full season to learn.  He is coming from a totally different type of O in college.  I'm sure though as the season progresses they'll give him a game or two see what they have.  he can answer a ton of questions regarding a WR in next year's draft. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I took a wild guess that we'd see Price in November. 

If nothing else, he's new.  He has good lateral explosion something like Wes Welker, he has the 225 pound reps to pancake a few defensive backs if they try to jam him at the line, or he can block for a bubble screen, and he's a burner too.  He may still have route-running weaknesses but they're probably not terrible at this point.  I assume that he's now caught 25,000 Brady-velocity passes from the Jugs machine.  Most teams won't know all of this and will say to their defenses, "just do what you can, he's some rookie." 

Personally, I would unleash him in the second half of the Pittsburgh game, not the Cleveland game unless the Patriots are losing in the second half.

Yes he has to play on the kickoff team.  I hope he keeps his lane.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Deion Branch's hamstring injury....are we finally going to see Taylor Price?:
    [QUOTE]Honestly bro, I see Edelman getting more playing time over Price. It just doesn't seem like he's quite there yet and from what I know, the receiver position is very tough to pick up in this offense and in the NFL in general. I'll be happy if either step to add another piece that defensive coordinators have to account for. If Edelman steps up and plays like what we saw in the preseason, great. I'll give Price the entire season, training camp, and expect him next year. If Edelman doesn't produce, I'll be itching for Price to at least get out there. Also, do you think even if Price does get ready, Belichick would play him not kind of keep him under wraps? I wouldn't put it past Bill.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Thought Edelman was injured.....?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Bubba, he was but he was seemingly cleared to play. At first, some of us thought it was a toe and maybe the dreaded turf toe but injury reports always listed his foot. I'm assuming it was a sprained foot.

Either way, I think he's lacking some of his explosiveness.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

I think it would take an injury to either Tate or one of the TEs for Price to suit up on gameday.  Given the limited amount of snaps Price could get in a game right now, I just think Belichick would prefer to have more depth at other positions on the active 45 man gameday roster. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

we will see price in the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hope Branch heals quickly because I like it when he is out there.