Deion Sanders Elected to HOF

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Deion Sanders Elected to HOF

Is it just me or does anyone else think that he was possibly the most over-rated, over-hyped character to ever wear pads?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yellowsubmarine. Show yellowsubmarine's posts

Re: Deion Sanders Elected to HOF

disagree. he may be cocky. he may be arrogant. but i think he is one of the best ever.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I am not a big fan of Deion personally but he was one of if not the most gifted athletes of our time..............he was a great player .........talk about a guy who played a football game during the day and rented a helicopter to fly him to Fulton County Stadium in Atlanta to play baseball game at night for the Braves........He was in a class all by himself for a long time................guys have trouble doing one .....he did both and was an AllStar at both .............in a class all by himself........very deserving IMHO

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

BOOOOO!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oleme. Show oleme's posts

Deion was a good man to man cover corner and a kick returner.  He's also probably the only defensive player in the HOF that never made a tackle.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Thank you, oleme. I don't recall ever seeing him make a one on one open feild tackle. A safety would have to shadow him to make sure no reciever got past. Heaven forbid he should have had to bring down a running back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Deion Sanders Elected to HOF:
       BOOOOO!!!
    Posted by harleyroadking11

Who are you BOOOOOING, harley, me or Sanders?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Deion was a good man to man cover corner and a kick returner.  He's also probably the only defensive player in the HOF that never made a tackle.
    Posted by oleme

Agreed!  While he was pretty awesome and playing two sports he was no Bo Jackson! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Deion Sanders Elected to HOF:
    Is it just me or does anyone else think that he was possibly the most over-rated, over-hyped character to ever wear pads?
    Posted by antibody

I disagree, he was one of the elite cover corners in the history of the NFL (could take away an entire side of the field in coverage), as well as a dynamic return man.  He wasn't a physical guy and tackling wasn't a strength, but the guy was the epitome of shut-down.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

In Response to Re: Deion Sanders Elected to HOF : Who are you BOOOOOING, harley, me or Sanders?
    Posted by antibody

I wouldn't boo you antibody you're cool, I've never liked Sanders-great athlete just to cocky and self absorbed 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Sanders is one of those guys for whom people search and dig for reasons to denigrate his ability because he was (is) an arrogant jerk. It's true enough that he was allergic to contact, but I don't see how you can deny his impact in the league, despite the one gaping hole in his game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

The locals are nuts about Deion down here in his hometown, North Ft Myers, Florida area. The last two, ultra-thick Sunday papers have Sanders plastered all over the cover - above and below the fold. No Egypt - all PrimeTime. He's a true local legend.
    As much as I resented his braggadocio at times, the guy could play. Bo Jackson, however was the better two-sport athlete. Sure wish we could have seen more of him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Hate him!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

he my mayne man, man

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

He was a game changer.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Certainly deserved, even though I know plenty of lesbians who could run him over. You couldn't throw on Deion, though. I believe he ran a 4.16 and could do about a 4.6 or something ridiculous in his backpedal. He was definitely a pure athlete for the ages. I think he's comparable to Moss in his natural ability and in lacking heart. I do think that Deion had the desire to win, but sometimes wouldn't do all that was necessary.
    I think he was a jerk on the field and while he was playing; but in his announcing, he seems to have cleaned up his act a bit. He still seems a bit pompous, but not nearly as bad as he was in his playing days.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

I can't stand the Deion persona, but if you having been paying attention to football since at least the late 1989/90 you should know that Deion was one of the most impactful secondary players to ever touch the field. He flat out was the best cover corner to ever play the game (so far) and every time he touched the ball (punt return, kick return or interception) he was threat to take it 6 greater then any player ever. The guy was insane good. He did not like tackling because he was a bit of a female private part, but nobody threw at him anyways and they didnt really force him into a spot to make a lot of tackles in the run game. 

Hate the person, respect the player for what he was. That is what I do. They guy wasn't a bad baseball player either, a testament to his athleticism. He was a defensive player who got in the endzone 22 times..  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Good player then, big mouth now. Probably belongs in the hall, though we hate the thought.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

In Response to Deion Sanders Elected to HOF:
    Posted by antibody

What other defensive player in the history of the game could have made the starting roster, let alone the HOF, and not tackled well?  He had the most massive shortcoming a defensive player could have, and yet we still talk about him as one of the all time greats.  He was that good.  Love him or hate him, you can't disrespect his skills which were vast. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

It wasn't his tackling skills that got him in, thats for sure.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Best cover corner ever.

Worst tackler, too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Well this lets you know that Ty Law is a lock for the HOF!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from paparui. Show paparui's posts

Well this lets you know that Ty Law is a lock for the HOF!
    Posted by Rodimus77

Ty Law is not a lock for 1st ballot HOF but may get in eventually.

The reason Deion didn't have to tackle anyone was because teams didn't throw the ball his way. He's that good and if I was able to prevent WR's from catching a pass the entire game I'd be pretty cocky too. The guy is the godfather of showboating too which was a entertaining part of the game until Goodell ruined it with his over the top end of TD celebrations. The guy wasn't paid to tackle in the NFL and isn't the worst tackler ever. Cromatie is far worse and doesn't have half the skills.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from paparui. Show paparui's posts

I do want to see Law get in the HOF though.

Sections
Shortcuts