DEION SANDERS: "the nfl is safe, the equipment is great, all these guys suing are exaggerating and just want $!"

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: DEION SANDERS:

Deion Sanders was a tremendous cover corner and belongs in the HOF.  Beyond that anything he says is embarrassingly laughable with the possible exception of this quote.  This quote, in my opinion, is reprehensible and morally bankrupt.  

One link:

http://www.indystar.com/usatoday/article/1887789

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

From a guy who was afraid to hit or even tackle...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

A guy with 492 career tackles that doesn't play in the trenches cannot really talk.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Deion is silly, everyone knows the guy has the mental capacity of a 10 yr old.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Maybe it's because no one ever got a clean shot on the guy because of his elusive speed or simply because he never made a tackle. Don't get concussions that way.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

They have never associated or found any correlation of Alzheimer's with concussions. Read it the other day.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

This whole subject of lawsuits by these players seems ridiculous. Nobody forced them to play....it was their CHOICE. You would have to be brain dead not to know that playing professional football comes with some injury risk....just part of the deal. Turning around and trying to sue over this smells of a bunch of scum-bag attorneys looking for a payday. Lawyers have ruined so many things in the country.....

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

This whole subject of lawsuits by these players seems ridiculous. Nobody forced them to play....it was their CHOICE. You would have to be brain dead not to know that playing professional football comes with some injury risk....just part of the deal. Turning around and trying to sue over this smells of a bunch of scum-bag attorneys looking for a payday. Lawyers have ruined so many things in the country.....

I agree completely.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

This is about money, not health. Thats why lawyers are involved. Also football, like it or not, has never had a union as strong as MLB (for example; Fehr, Marvin Miller) and the pay was probably not ideally what the players would want (50s, 60s, 70s, early 80s). Its a collision sport; players know that injuries are inevitable. There are also some players that played long past their prime because of the passion they had for the game. I don't like seeing anyone kill themselves before the age 45 (jets trolls excepted), but some of these players have to plan and invest well for the future after their playing days are over. This is why I don't begrudge a player wanting to cash in at peak of his career. These guys aren't Havard Law Grads or MIT geniuses; most have little to fall back on; isn't managing your money well part of the rookie symposium. That FSU degree and strong football career might get you an analyst's job at FOX, but those jobs are few and far between and most players won't be eating Cordon Bleu meals at the Goldman Sachs cafeteria any time soon.

All the owners can do is give them the best medical treatment available (depends on the organization MRI CT Scans). The player ultimately decides when he wants to retire. If the player incurs an enormous financial burden (back taxes, poor investments) after he retires then he has to cutback on his exspenses, just like anyone else who basically gets demoted or find a new job. Thinking you can afford to buy, drive, pay the insurance for Hummer when the money is low, well, that's just bad financial planning or advice.

The NFL has already added rules that, in theory, should restrict the number of injuries. The only obligation the team remotely has is to put in place the folks needed to keep players healthy (trainers, physiotherapists....etc...) and thusly keep their team competitive.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

I agree with him. Look if the sposrt was not save and what not I dont think there would be a league. Again. These guys make alot of money knowing what can happen to them during or after their careers. So i too think hey should not be able to sue. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Sorry, he's wrong when I saw Pollard hit Ridley it made me sick. I'm tired of the headhunting period. That was malicious intent

Sections
Shortcuts