DeMarcus Ware reached agreement with Broncos

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

DeMarcus Ware reached agreement with Broncos

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 1m

Filed to ESPN: Pending a physical, former Cowboys DE DeMarcus Ware reached agreement with Broncos on 3-year, $30M contract include $20M gtd.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Re: DeMarcus Ware reached agreement with Broncos

They're getting really fishy...how on earth are they signing these guys to such big contracts?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Excellent.  I couldn't be more pleased and I am totally serious.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

More proof that I don't get CAP issues. I really have no idea how they could swing the 3 large deals they just paid out. Well, they had themselves a pretty good 2 day haul.

We see Denver in Foxboro this season I believe, get your tickets early.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

They're getting really fishy...how on earth are they signing these guys to such big contracts?

Remember that they were caught and fined 900 grand and a draft pick for cap maipulation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Oh heck...cut block his knees and laff at him while he writhes on the ground...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

They are paying a lot upfront maybe that gets around the cap some how.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Honestly, the fact that the Broncs just threw nearly $100 million dollars, with $46 of that one-hundred guaranteed, at two injury-prone players, over the course of 6 years... I'm thrilled, seriously. They're going all in, and if it doesn't pay off after this year, they're screwed. It will then be us atop the AFC for awhile longer. We'll get to the SB by default. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I think you are being a little silly.  The long term implications might be bad - but Denver is going to be incredible next season - which is really all that matters.

In the long term we are looking for a QB to replace Brady.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Their defense just got that much more better. If healthy there's no one in the AFC that can touch them barring major injuries.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medic87. Show Medic87's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

More proof that I don't get CAP issues. I really have no idea how they could swing the 3 large deals they just paid out. Well, they had themselves a pretty good 2 day haul.

We see Denver in Foxboro this season I believe, get your tickets early.

No doubt dude! I just don't get it.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

It's called being in cap hell. Appearently cap hell is the only place you can sign FA's  >.>

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Big money in contracts for Manning, Ware, Talib, Welker, Thomas (?), Miller, Ward and Clady. That's just off the top of my head.....questionable

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Between the 3 signings today they have a TON of guaranteed money on the books. This team is great for the next 2 years. After that they are in a lot of trouble with their books. Clearly Elway wants to win now and Denver is embarrassed from the SB and need to show fans they want to get back to the big game and win it. However, many teams have made huge splashes in FA to fail. Time will tell and it's time for the Pats to make some moves! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Honestly, the fact that the Broncs just threw nearly $100 million dollars, with $46 of that one-hundred guaranteed, at two injury-prone players, over the course of 6 years... I'm thrilled, seriously. They're going all in, and if it doesn't pay off after this year, they're screwed. It will then be us atop the AFC for awhile longer. We'll get to the SB by default. 

Maybe not, there is always the next team under them ready to spend. They are like waves the league doesn't stand still except for the Pats. After Den fails apart it will be the Colts and after them it will be someone else, except by that point Brady might be done. I remember this logic when Pitt did it, then when Balt did it, now when Den does it, and I'll bet in a year or two I'll hear the same thing about the Colts. There is always a next team willing to pay to play and we aren't going up against 1 team waiting for them to crumble we are going against the ocean of the NFL with waves of teams willing to spend one after the other.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

I think you are being a little silly.  The long term implications might be bad - but Denver is going to be incredible next season - which is really all that matters.

You may very well think me silly but, if I may, my rationale is quite straightforward.  I don't believe anyone can deny that Denver is 'going for it'.  Seriously, can you devise a better test of whether or not 'going for it' actually works than what we have right here?  If they win it all, then obviously 'going for it' is one successful approach.  But if they don't, what does that say?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

Cap Hell!!!!! LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

You may very well think me silly but, if I may, my rationale is quite straightforward.  I don't believe anyone can deny that Denver is 'going for it'.  Seriously, can you devise a better test of whether or not 'going for it' actually works than what we have right here?  If they win it all, then obviously 'going for it' is one successful approach.  But if they don't, what does that say?

Okay.  But Denver is by far the favorite in the AFC - by far.  It's not even close.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

Their defense just got that much more better. If healthy there's no one in the AFC that can touch them barring major injuries.

Yet it was Peyton and the offense that stunk up their SB last year. It was hard to judge their D given the turnovers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

pretty frustrating at this point. Well at least we re signed Hooman!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The Broncos have loaded up and will go for broke.  They have a shot at the SB and should be the AFC fave as long as Manning is there.  On the one hand I am a bit envious - but on the other hand, big FA splurges don't always equal success.  Bottom line - are they a better team than the one that was in the SB (and with Miller coming back)?  Very likely. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Two aging quarterbacks, two different philosophies it appears. 

I happen to like Denver's "all in" philosophy better. 

Maybe ours will turn out to be better. 

But either way maybe we can put an end to the "cap hell" crud for a while. There are ways to sign players to make your push. Then you have to release some of them later. Big deal. We're not in cap hell and we lose good players all the time

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

they had 19.5 in cap space, gonna be really interesting next few months, how they are gonna keep players and sign draftees.. LOL.. i see some cuts coming. buhbye welker.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Wow... If my numbers are correct they just spent 50 plus million in guaranteed money on 3 players in 2 days.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Wow... If my numbers are correct they just spent 50 plus million in guaranteed money on 3 players in 2 days.

One thing is certain. If any starter gets injured they will only have scrubs to step in. An interesting gamble given the amount of injuries in the NFL these days.

Sections
Shortcuts