DeMarcus Ware reached agreement with Broncos

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Re: DeMarcus Ware reached agreement with Broncos

Funny thing is, you take this Broncos squad fully healthy and match them up against the Seahawks again and I would expect it would be around 38-17 Seahawks. The gap on defense is that big. Also, Seattle is currently trying to land Jared Allen...hmmmmm

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You may very well think me silly but, if I may, my rationale is quite straightforward.  I don't believe anyone can deny that Denver is 'going for it'.  Seriously, can you devise a better test of whether or not 'going for it' actually works than what we have right here?  If they win it all, then obviously 'going for it' is one successful approach.  But if they don't, what does that say?

[/QUOTE]

Depends, if they beat us along the way?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow... If my numbers are correct they just spent 50 plus million in guaranteed money on 3 players in 2 days.

One thing is certain. If any starter gets injured they will only have scrubs to step in. An interesting gamble given the amount of injuries in the NFL these days.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, there were a ton of games lost by starters last year in the NFL.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/fo-espn-feature-columns/2011/espn-starter-games-lost-and-packers

oops wrong year...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000311758/article/report-ny-giants-led-nfl-with-91-starter-games-lost-to-injury

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to jam757's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Funny thing is, you take this Broncos squad fully healthy and match them up against the Seahawks again and I would expect it would be around 38-17 Seahawks. The gap on defense is that big. Also, Seattle is currently trying to land Jared Allen...hmmmmm

[/QUOTE]

The rich get richer...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rich1273. Show Rich1273's posts

Apparently some teams realize that their aging quarterback won't be around forever.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wow... If my numbers are correct they just spent 50 plus million in guaranteed money on 3 players in 2 days.

[/QUOTE]

One thing is certain. If any starter gets injured they will only have scrubs to step in. An interesting gamble given the amount of injuries in the NFL these days.

[/QUOTE]

That is a very fair comment.  If injuries happen to them what is their depth like?

It seems like until FA their big contracts were... Manning.  Now they have a few more.  Of course they could get the injury bug and not make the SB, kind of like the Pats season last year.  Now, if they remain healthy then look out, they will be a force in the SB. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Ware and Miller is a scary duo. Rivers, Smith and insert Raiders QB here are shaking in their boots.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Honestly, the fact that the Broncs just threw nearly $100 million dollars, with $46 of that one-hundred guaranteed, at two injury-prone players, over the course of 6 years... I'm thrilled, seriously. They're going all in, and if it doesn't pay off after this year, they're screwed. It will then be us atop the AFC for awhile longer. We'll get to the SB by default. 

[/QUOTE]

Maybe not, there is always the next team under them ready to spend. They are like waves the league doesn't stand still except for the Pats. After Den fails apart it will be the Colts and after them it will be someone else, except by that point Brady might be done. I remember this logic when Pitt did it, then when Balt did it, now when Den does it, and I'll bet in a year or two I'll hear the same thing about the Colts. There is always a next team willing to pay to play and we aren't going up against 1 team waiting for them to crumble we are going against the ocean of the NFL with waves of teams willing to spend one after the other.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

sayigg the pats approach is to wait until the top teams to collapse and then swoop in  is a dumb approach.

This only works if the Pats  trend upwards. Playing bargain hunter does not guarantee that you are building a  better team for the next four years.  That only works if you draft well, cause this team will be without Mankins, Brady and  Wilfork in the Near future.

The new CBA also doesn't gi be you the benefit to wait around. You have 4 years until your players  become UFA

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toolfinder. Show toolfinder's posts

BB tangled in the weeds.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

i am soooo jelaous right now... is the true. jelaous of a team that expend money in playmakers not bench guys...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to toolfinder's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB tangled in the weeds.

[/QUOTE]

LMAO!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Honestly, the fact that the Broncs just threw nearly $100 million dollars, with $46 of that one-hundred guaranteed, at two injury-prone players, over the course of 6 years... I'm thrilled, seriously. They're going all in, and if it doesn't pay off after this year, they're screwed. It will then be us atop the AFC for awhile longer. We'll get to the SB by default. 

[/QUOTE]

Certainly appears to be the case.  Unlike the Pats, they do not want to waste the time Manning is on the team.  Granted, their house of cards may fold big time in a couple years when the salary cap starts biting them in the butt.  At least they can have the satisfaction they have taken a couple more good players off the table from the Pats.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Rich1273's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Apparently some teams realize that their aging quarterback won't be around forever.

[/QUOTE]

+1 - My thoughts exactly!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh, you mean like the Pats do when their INFERIOR starters like Gregory and Scamandola and Arrington get injured and are replaced with rookie FA's?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

Looks like BB is lost in the weeds!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

My guess is the Broncos are counting on the cap being raised significantly in the upcoming years. May have backloaded some contracts. On a lighter note Decker could be gone. On paper they look very good. How good will they look in two years with Brock Osweiler at QB?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Bustify's comment:

Or smoking weed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Or smoking weed.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe his flight to Rutgers to meet up with Caserio was delayed?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Broncos are really going all in, which makes total sense. Where will they be after Manning retires in 2 years? Better to put it all on the line now while they still have a legitimate shot for the title, then start rebuilding when Manning leaves.

Not saying that the Patriots should take a similar approach with Brady getting to that age, but I can't argue with what the Broncos are trying to do. And if the Patriots did try to do the same say next year, it wouldn't be the worst strategy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to kevin13130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Broncos are really going all in, which makes total sense. Where will they be after Manning retires in 2 years? Better to put it all on the line now while they still have a legitimate shot for the title, then start rebuilding when Manning leaves.

Not saying that the Patriots should take a similar approach with Brady getting to that age, but I can't argue with what the Broncos are trying to do.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, in 2 years they will be starting a new QB with 20M off the books and a very good team to help the newbie.  Where will the Pats be with their bargain basement scrubs and no TB?

I guess we'll see.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Or smoking weed.

Even stoned he'd still be smarter than all the armchair GMs whining here. Or the 'I follow the team with the cute QB' crowd led by Babe.

12" of wet snow and still coming down hard. I'm heading home to tackle my driveway.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh, you mean like the Pats do when their INFERIOR starters like Gregory and Scamandola and Arrington get injured and are replaced with rookie FA's?

[/QUOTE]

No, more like when Talib, Wilfork, Mayo, Gronk and Kelly get knocked out...but a bigger step down.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Or smoking weed.

[/QUOTE]

Even stoned he'd still be smarter than all the armchair GMs whining here. Or the 'I follow the team with the cute QB' crowd led by Babe

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I would be cheaper.  Kraft could pay me half what he pays BB. I have just as many SB rings as BB does over his past contract.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My guess is the Broncos are counting on the cap being raised significantly in the upcoming years. May have backloaded some contracts. On a lighter note Decker could be gone. On paper they look very good. How good will they look in two years with Brock Osweiler at QB?

[/QUOTE]

Probably about the same as we do with Ryan mallet at QB.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You may very well think me silly but, if I may, my rationale is quite straightforward.  I don't believe anyone can deny that Denver is 'going for it'.  Seriously, can you devise a better test of whether or not 'going for it' actually works than what we have right here?  If they win it all, then obviously 'going for it' is one successful approach.  But if they don't, what does that say?

[/QUOTE]

Depends, if they beat us along the way?

[/QUOTE]

Whether or not they beat the Pats along the way is not the issue, IMO.  I'm quite serious about the 'going for it' approach being truly tested here.  If the Broncos win it all then we have prima facie evidence that the approach works.  If they don't, what then?

I'm reminded of the '68-'69 NBA finals wherein the aging Bill Russell and some 'second tier' stars beat the Wilt Champerlain, Elgin Baylor and Jerry West Lakers in 7 games.  The Lakers were supposed to be the team of the century except Russ had other ideas.  Different game, different era, you say?  Yep, but the principle's the same IMO.