Demarius Thomas vs Aaron Dobson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Demarius Thomas vs Aaron Dobson

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

2010 - 22 Receptions, 2 TDs

2011-  32 Receptions, 4 TDs

These numbers reflect Demarius Thomas's first two seasons in the NFL.  Through 8 games as a roookie, Aaron Dobson has matched Thomas's ENTIRE SECOND SEASON production.

I just saw a line from Pezzy coined "TB should not 'have to' deal with this!" in another thread, so I looked up a recent rookie 1st rd pick to see what the Denver QB at the time "had to deal with" in 2010.

Boo-hoo Tommy BRady, the entitled and spoiled one. Fans like that with those comments make me ill.

In 2009, Kyle Orton had all new WRs, as he was a new QB in Denver at the time (since 2009), and in 2010 had TWO new rookie WRs like Brady had this year (Thomas and Decker).

Hmm.

Kyle Orton had a Pro Bowl year in 2010.  Hmm. Kyle Orton.  If Brady is so great, what is the problem?

Jabar Gaffney, Eddie Royal and old friend Brandon Lloyd were the main WR targets. Certainly not a bad group, but certainly not better than Amendola and Edelman here.  

Kinda interesting how a QB with new WRs in other markets doesn't whine or complain or have a part of the fanbase making wild excuses all year about the GM tortuting the QB.

Numerous QBs have new or young QBs to work with every year in this league. Gomer jumped into Denver. No problem.

Alex Smith?  No problems in KC this year. 9-0 club.  2:1 TD/INT Ratio.

Aaron Dobson has 31 receptions and 4 TDs halfway through his rookie season.  Hmm.

Kenbrell Thompkins has 23 receptions and 4 TDs through the halfway mark.  Each will outproduce what Demarius Thomas did as a FIRST RD PICK in 2010.

Thanks, BB.

Discuss:

[/QUOTE]

good stats but if Peyton was Qb there in 2010 he would surely surpass that. was it tebow then? idk but it sure wasnt a good QB. guy has way too much talent if he played for Peyton in 2010 his stats would be a lot better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Apologize to rkarp.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

These numbers reflect Demarius Thomas's first two seasons in the NFL.  Through 8 games as a roookie, Aaron Dobson has matched Thomas's ENTIRE SECOND SEASON production.

I just saw a line from Pezzy coined "TB should not 'have to' deal with this!" in another thread, so I looked up a recent rookie 1st rd pick to see what the Denver QB at the time "had to deal with" in 2010.

Boo-hoo Tommy BRady, the entitled and spoiled one. Fans like that with those comments make me ill.

In 2009, Kyle Orton had all new WRs, as he was a new QB in Denver at the time (since 2009), and in 2010 had TWO new rookie WRs like Brady had this year (Thomas and Decker).

Hmm.

Kyle Orton had a Pro Bowl year in 2010.  Hmm. Kyle Orton.  If Brady is so great, what is the problem?

Jabar Gaffney, Eddie Royal and old friend Brandon Lloyd were the main WR targets. Certainly not a bad group, but certainly not better than Amendola and Edelman here.  

Kinda interesting how a QB with new WRs in other markets doesn't whine or complain or have a part of the fanbase making wild excuses all year about the GM tortuting the QB.

Numerous QBs have new or young QBs to work with every year in this league. Gomer jumped into Denver. No problem.

Aaron Dobson has 31 receptions and 4 TDs halfway through his rookie season.  Hmm.

Kenbrell Thompkins has 23 receptions and 4 TDs through the halfway mark.  Each will outproduce what Demarius Thomas did as a FIRST RD PICK in 2010.

Thanks, BB.

Discuss:

[/QUOTE]

Oh boy - we give babe isht for selective facting and poor context, you have officially joined him in that regard. 

Thomas' first two seasons were with Tebow and Orton and had a set of vet receivers already in place.  Dobson has been playing with other rookies primarily.  Not going to say Dobson won't be Thomas, but its a bit early for any valid statisical comparisons. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

[QUOTE]

Hmm.

Thanks, BB.

Discuss:

good stats but if Peyton was Qb there in 2010 he would surely surpass that. was it tebow then? idk but it sure wasnt a good QB. guy has way too much talent if he played for Peyton in 2010 his stats would be a lot better.

I believe it was Orton for like 10 games in then Tebow for the remaining 6 or so in 2011.

The point is, every QB has to deal with new or younger WRs in this era of FA.   Pezzy and his Brady Loving Guild act like Brady has to have 100% perfect All Pro weaponry aroud him at all times.

It's arrogant and irrational.

He's the only HOF QB I've ever seen that has had so many issues getting familiar with new WRs.

[/QUOTE]

Orton started the first 5 and went 1-4 so in came Tebow who went 7-4. Orton was release and went to the Chiefs and started about 3 or 4 games there when Cassel got injured

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

If Tebow was the QB during any of the games during Thomas' rookie season, the stats have a huge asterisk.  What a handicap.  That said, I do really like how Dobson is coming along.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Your leaking respect all over the keyboard. At least prior to your dismissal and belittlement of rkarps info on Kelly we could pretend you we're just a crazy fellow fan. Now it's as if your a school child holding your breath and refusing to breath. Be a bigger man. He called it and we are lucky to have him in the board.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Oh good lord, this thread is embarrassing for OP.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

^^Fearful of cold, hard facts and truth with autographed Brady panties on. lmao

[/QUOTE]

You are a jealous troll!  How's those BB Undies smelling?  Hahahaha!!

Bottoms up, ya drunk!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Pretending you are insane by posting threads like this, still doesn't conceal the fact that you should be shoveling rkarp's driveway for a living and saying, "thank you rkarp...anything else I can do for you sir?". 

My lord, you are a very sad individual.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Do you think they should've traded for Orton? He's currently the backup in Dallas. Not sure what his contract is though

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

I don't get your point, Rusty. Dobson with a hall of fame QB has outproduced Thomas with a bad and mediocre QB? Surprise!

Where did Brady whine? He had a tantrum in the first Jets game, and acknowledged (sp?) he should be carefull with his bodylanguage. Your enterpretation is that he whined about the receivers, but another enterpretation could be that he was frustrated with the offense in general, himself included.

Aren't you reading too much into this? Spoiled, entitled are words you put on Brady, but those are YOUR enterpretations of his actions, based on bad bodylanguage in one game.

We all know your stance on his performances in the playoffs in the last few years, but to go from there to spoiled and entitled and a whiner, I just don't see that at all. In his statements I don't recall him calling out any of the new receivers. Whatever pezzy calls the receivers has little to do with what Brady thinks of them (sorry to brake it to you, pezz).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Thomas only played ten games in 2010 and 11 games in 2011 due to injuries. Might have contributed to those lower numbers as well...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DanishPastry's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't get your point, Rusty. Dobson with a hall of fame QB has outproduced Thomas with a bad and mediocre QB? Surprise!

Where did Brady whine? He had a tantrum in the first Jets game, and acknowledged (sp?) he should be carefull with his bodylanguage. Your enterpretation is that he whined about the receivers, but another enterpretation could be that he was frustrated with the offense in general, himself included.

Aren't you reading too much into this? Spoiled, entitled are words you put on Brady, but those are YOUR enterpretations of his actions, based on bad bodylanguage in one game.

We all know your stance on his performances in the playoffs in the last few years, but to go from there to spoiled and entitled and a whiner, I just don't see that at all. In his statements I don't recall him calling out any of the new receivers. Whatever pezzy calls the receivers has little to do with what Brady thinks of them (sorry to brake it to you, pezz).

[/QUOTE]

Yes, this thread was in direct response to a recent Pezzy statement.   It's disgusting. Pezzy and his ilk are led by morons like Greg Bedard who claimed "they stink" just last week.

This is what I mean about the anti-BB media. They just say something, the morons believe it, but when you peel back the layers, the truth is not at all what they claim it is.

[/QUOTE]

Look, I get that you think Dobson is doing well, so do I. But in adressing that you took a shot at Brady I just don't think is fair. You have stated, time and again, that you wanted the "old Brady" back. You didn't care for the stats, he should manage games, take what was there, and get the W's.

Now he has been doing just that, and then that is wrong as well, I don't get it. No, Brady does not produce as we are used to. To me it seems you want to point it all on Brady, and while he shares in the blame, it is simply too simplistic to be the only reason. It has been an entirely new cast of receivers, the O-line hasn't performed as well, the lack of RB's and TE's in the passing game (untill Gronk returned) made the passing very predictable.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Thomas had Tebow at QB that hurts him. Thomas as a 1st rounder is supposed to be the better WR. A more accurate comparison would be Eric Decker. Dobson is progressing just fine, but when Gronk and Amendola are healthy he is the 3rd option. It would be inaccurate and silly to compare high draft picks to WRs that are 3rd options in there own offense. Does anyone really compare Calvin Johnson to Eric Decker? I will say that Dobson has a chance to equal Thomas' 2011 season in terms of numbers his rookie year. Not bad for 2nd round pick that some derided BB for before the kid even played a game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

For me. Rusty Dez is better, but has QB/ Coach Killer written all over him. Don't need him, don't want him. He will inevitably undermine Romo or Garrett by going to Jones. Garrett could be fired if the Cowpokes don't make the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, this thread was in direct response to a recent Pezzy statement.   It's disgusting. Pezzy and his ilk are led by morons like Greg Bedard who claimed "they stink" just last week.

This is what I mean about the anti-BB media. They just say something, the morons believe it, but when you peel back the layers, the truth is not at all what they claim it is.

[/QUOTE]

Look, I get that you think Dobson is doing well, so do I. But in adressing that you took a shot at Brady I just don't think is fair. You have stated, time and again, that you wanted the "old Brady" back. You didn't care for the stats, he should manage games, take what was there, and get the W's.

Now he has been doing just that, and then that is wrong as well, I don't get it. No, Brady does not produce as we are used to. To me it seems you want to point it all on Brady, and while he shares in the blame, it is simply too simplistic to be the only reason. It has been an entirely new cast of receivers, the O-line hasn't performed as well, the lack of RB's and TE's in the passing game (untill Gronk returned) made the passing very predictable.

[/QUOTE]

No. I am pointing out the turds who think Brady isn't partially responsible for helping to develop the WRs, whether it be 2008 2009, 2010, 2011 or this year.

Change happens all the time in the NFL and Pezzy seems to think Brady is above having to deal with rookies or free agents in change.

Meanwehile, many other QBs move on or are given new weapons and don't really miss a beat.

Alex Smith is the perfect example this year. New team, coach, OC (again), wepaons to him, etc, and his got himself his usual 2:1 TD/INT ratio.

Meanwhile, our golden boy QB GOAT HOFer has temper tantrums and faux injury excuses built in to deflect from him simply not playing as well himself.

Hoepfully, Brady can keep it up against the better Ds. The new and younger QBs have been playing well and getting themselves wide open at times.

[/QUOTE]

2010-2012 were arguably Brady's best seasons, winning MVP unanimously in one of them (2010?) He did help develop receivers in that period, Gronk and AH. The difference this year has been on several levels. ALL the top targets from last season were gone, meaning he had to built chemistry not with one or two, but with the entire cast. That takes time. But, as I stated earlier, go look at the targets for RB's and TE's after Vereen went down. They weren't there. Meaning that the passing offense at any given time had up to maybe three viable targets (Edelman, KT, and Dobson). All WR's. As opposed to last season were at any given time there would be 4-5 possible targets (Welker, Lloyd, Woddy, Gronk, and AH). More possible targets at a greater spectrum of positions.

The return of the best TE in football is huge, and so will the return of Vereen be, as he is far superior to Bolden as a passing back IMO.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Agreed. I am well aware.  Just make sure you call out the Pezzy types who think Brady is entitled to 5 Jerry Rices and 2 Tony Gonzalez types at TE every year. It's pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

Please.  Hahaha!!  What a fool!  Bottoms up, Rusty!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hmm.

Thanks, BB.

Discuss:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I believe it was Orton for like 10 games in then Tebow for the remaining 6 or so in 2011.

The point is, every QB has to deal with new or younger WRs in this era of FA.   Pezzy and his Brady Loving Guild act like Brady has to have 100% perfect All Pro weaponry aroud him at all times.

He's the only HOF QB I've ever seen that has had so many issues getting familiar with new WRs.

[/QUOTE]

No every Qb doesn't have to deal with 4 rookies and 2 back-ups and 3 always injured guys. as his ONLY receivers.  DOPE!  No one should and no one has!

Testament from BB thinking his HoF QB could endure it, or stupidity and arrogance.

Your choice.

Thank you BB

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Agreed. I am well aware.  Just make sure you call out the Pezzy types who think Brady is entitled to 5 Jerry Rices and 2 Tony Gonzalez types at TE every year. It's pathetic.

I'll take one Jerry Rice, at actual age, on one leg over the garbage Brady has had most of the season.  How good does a QB have to be in order to run a record to 7-2 while throwing mostly to a guy who wasn't even good enough to be drafted and a kick returner?

How good?  Brady good.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pretending you are insane by posting threads like this, still doesn't conceal the fact that you should be shoveling rkarp's driveway for a living and saying, "thank you rkarp...anything else I can do for you sir?". 

My lord, you are a very sad individual.

[/QUOTE]

Well said

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hmm.

Thanks, BB.

Discuss:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Really? Please do exaggerate. 

Thats not the point. point is when you have a HOF QB in his twilight, you try to surround a great talent with other great talent. It's makes everyone more productive...see 2007. 

And, before you point to the 2007 SB debacle where our offense barely scored, think about how well the giants played, how bad Our oline looked and how we didn't run at all. We have better pass protection and run, we win. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No. I am pointing out the turds who think Brady isn't partially responsible for helping to develop the WRs, whether it be 2008 2009, 2010, 2011 or this year.

Change happens all the time in the NFL and Pezzy seems to think Brady is above having to deal with rookies or free agents in change.

Meanwehile, many other QBs move on or are given new weapons and don't really miss a beat.

Alex Smith is the perfect example this year. New team, coach, OC (again), wepaons to him, etc, and his got himself his usual 2:1 TD/INT ratio.

Meanwhile, our golden boy QB GOAT HOFer has temper tantrums and faux injury excuses built in to deflect from him simply not playing as well himself.

Hoepfully, Brady can keep it up against the better Ds. The new and younger QBs have been playing well and getting themselves wide open at times.

[/QUOTE]

I see you casually left off 2001-2007...no mention of branch, givens, working Caldwell, Gaffney, moss or welker into the system. What about Gronk and Hernandez? They seemed to catch on pretty quick, no? 

Faux injury? I guess you are the only one in the world who didnt see the swollen hand? I understand , you were too focused on arrington's hammy strain again.

i think this years receivers are head and shoulders over chad Jackson, price, Tate, etc. bb didn't do so well stocking the cupboard after moss left. I seem to remember tb developing 2 rookie TEs at the same time. he's done pretty well with amendola when he has been on the field. Edelman ditto, same with thompkins. 

What exactly is your point again? Yeah, i almost forgot...you have none.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hmm.

Thanks, BB.

Discuss:

[/QUOTE]

Oh boy - we give babe isht for selective facting and poor context, you have officially joined him in that regard. 

Thomas' first two seasons were with Tebow and Orton and had a set of vet receivers already in place.  Dobson has been playing with other rookies primarily.  Not going to say Dobson won't be Thomas, but its a bit early for any valid statisical comparisons. 

[/QUOTE]

This is about QBs with new WRs.  Those QBs produced and didn't whine.  Heck, your QB produced and didn't whine.

Amendola and Edelman are veteran WRs and in place here.  

Not comparing Dobson to Thomas. I am comparing them being rookies and how the QBs worked with them and what the production ended up being.   For rookies, both DObson and Thompkins are doing quite well.

Brady is a spoiled brat.  That's pretty much the point. The whining and gesturing earlier in the year proves it.  It was embarrassing, especially with the team winning, basically via the defense.

Pleae change that avatar. It's beyond creepy and I would not be surpised if that was you. lmao

[/QUOTE]

My bad.  Yes, the uproar over new receivers in NE is a bit much.  Manning had to deal with that in 09 and 10 in Indy.  Fact is Brady has been off plenty this year.  Further, if young receivers are not running the right routes, the QB has to set them straight. 

The only thing I wonder is if Belichick wouldn't allow this.  Belichick is a "do your job" guy.  To me that also means don't worry about someone else's job, the coaching staff will handle that.  If Belichick controls things that much then Brady at least gets a pass for that aspect of things. 

The avatar picture was just unsettling enough for me to use it.  The picture was on PFT yesterday.  The guy pictured is the independent investigator hired by the NFL to look at the Dolphins issue. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

[QUOTE]

Hmm.

Thanks, BB.

Discuss:

[/QUOTE]

My facts always go straight to the heart of the matter. Context is for liars and spinners like you and your fellow piece of isht Rusty.

Sections
Shortcuts