Demps Cannot Return - had to be on the 53 man order then ired to return. Crap!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Demps Cannot Return - had to be on the 53 man order then ired to return. Crap!

tell me if you're disappointed or pissed.
    im both.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

Re: Demps Cannot Return - had to be on the 53 man order then ired to return. Crap!

In response to bredbru's comment:

im both.

Where did you hear or read this?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Demps Cannot Return - had to be on the 53 man order then ired to return. Crap!

He was on the 53 and then IR"d.  He is OK

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to GO47comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bredbru comment:

im both.

Where did you hear or read this?

[/QUOTE]

thought posted that. 98.5 soports hub

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

He was on the 53 and then IR"d.  He is OK

that woudl be cool and opposite whats been reported. wehre did you see or hear that?
    thanks

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

If this is true then I'm disappointed because he looked like he could help. In the end I think they weren't going to have three third down backs on the roster at the same time, if they're able to bring him back later on it makes sense, because you know someone will get hurt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

he was placed on the 53 and then Ir'd to make it 52.  There is an exemption this year.  He can come back

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

he was placed on the 53 and then Ir'd to make it 52.  There is an exemption this year.  He can come back

i know about all this. there are conditions on thr ir player that can return. where did you hear demps made the 53 man? the hub is reporting demps was not on the 53 man and cant return this year.

since tehy are at 52, what you say sounds like it coudl have happend. but where did you see or hear that demps made teh 53?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

im both.

Yup you are correct:

Only players with a "major injury" who are placed on Reserve/Injured after 4:00 p.m., New York time, on Tuesday, September 4, or thereafter during the season, will be eligible to be reactivated at a later time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to GO47 comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bredbru comment:

im both.

Yup you are correct:

Only players with a "major injury" who are placed on Reserve/Injured after 4:00 p.m., New York time, on Tuesday, September 4, or thereafter during the season, will be eligible to be reactivated at a later time.

[/QUOTE]

thanks i thought there was a september date they had to eb on teh 53.
    that clears it up.
    how you feelin about it?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Demps has practiced how long with the Patriots?  A week?  He's been lifting weights like a football player for one week?  He's been working out with the jugs machine for a week.  He's been practicing running crisp patterns and picking up Brady's blitzes at the NFL level for an entire week.  He's been learning the NFL's most complex offense for, yeah right.  He's been out of football entirely for seven months straight.  Demps had fumblitis when he did play.  That's not rusty, that's ridiculous.  Demps will be of no use whatsoever to this team for two months, and will only be of marginal use later in this season.  Maybe in a year he'll blossom.  He has more speed and more quickness than anyone else in the NFL.

The best possible thing that could happen for BB and the Patriots was for Demps to fall down and limp off the field, but not be too horribly injured.  Everybody say "Darn!" because that's exactly what happened to the poor rookie.   BB gets to reserve Demps's spot for a 54th player who can play real football against Tennessee nine days from now.  BB still has a four year rookie contract with Demps plus a restricted free agent year in case Demps's boo boo gets all better. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

I never saw an official "cut" for Demps, so I'm assuming that he made the roster, and then was IR'd. Therefore, the exemption for Tuesday doesn't apply in this case.

The exemption only applies to a player placed on the IR before the 53 man cut deadline. And that player would have to be put back on the roster until Tuesday Sept. 4th, THEN he could be designated with the shortened IR tag. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000056497/article/nflpa-nfl-agree-to-trade-deadline-extension-ir-exception

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TheSalmon's comment:

I never saw an official "cut" for Demps, so I'm assuming that he made the roster, and then was IR'd. Therefore, the exemption for Tuesday doesn't apply in this case.

The exemption only applies to a player placed on the IR before the 53 man cut deadline. And that player would have to be put back on the roster until Tuesday Sept. 4th, THEN he could be designated with the shortened IR tag. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000056497/article/nflpa-nfl-agree-to-trade-deadline-extension-ir-exception

so you are saying hes eligible to retrurn or not

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TheSalmon's comment:

so you are saying hes eligible to retrurn or not

YES!!!

[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Demps has practiced how long with the Patriots?  A week?  He's been lifting weights like a football player for one week?  He's been working out with the jugs machine for a week.  He's been practicing running crisp patterns and picking up Brady's blitzes at the NFL level for an entire week.  He's been learning the NFL's most complex offense for, yeah right.  He's been out of football entirely for seven months straight.  Demps had fumblitis when he did play.  That's not rusty, that's ridiculous.  Demps will be of no use whatsoever to this team for two months, and will only be of marginal use later in this season.  Maybe in a year he'll blossom.  He has more speed and more quickness than anyone else in the NFL.

The best possible thing that could happen for BB and the Patriots was for Demps to fall down and limp off the field, but not be too horribly injured.  Everybody say "Darn!" because that's exactly what happened to the poor rookie.   BB gets to reserve Demps's spot for a 54th player who can play real football against Tennessee nine days from now.  BB still has a four year rookie contract with Demps plus a restricted free agent year in case Demps's boo boo gets all better. 

i see that he has already been a help to tehm in presaeason , not to mention he will make it impossible to focus  only on covering the wr adn te wehn he is on the field. that alone will help tremendously

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

Yea, he's most likely eligible to return.  Pats still need to designate which IR he is on. 

Reiss is reporting on his quick hits that there is some loose interpretation of this new IR rule still.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Bedard is reporting that DEMPS IS NOT ELIGIBLE TO RETURN :
    In order to be considered under the new IR rule a player has to be on the roster on Friday night and then moved to IR after Tues .
      he comments that Shiancoe may be a prime candidate for such a move .

Alas ...

DEMPS 2012 season is history .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TheSalmons comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yea, he's most likely eligible to return.  Pats still need to designate which IR he is on. 

Reiss is reporting on his quick hits that there is some loose interpretation of this new IR rule still.

thanks for clearing that up. the sports hub reported the opposite

[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

pezz4pats, thanks for that article. Here's how I read it:

As long as the Pats keep a 52 man roster between now and Tuesday, and assuming the Pats did not place Demps in the season-ending IR, then Demps will be eligible to return.

So, I think there is hope.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

In response to CaptnFoxboro's comment:

Bedard is reporting that DEMPS IS NOT ELIGIBLE TO RETURN :
    In order to be considered under the new IR rule a player has to be on the roster on Friday night and then moved to IR after Tues .
      he comments that Shiancoe may be a prime candidate for such a move .

Alas ...

DEMPS 2012 season is history .

Post that link please....

I was under the assumption that the Tuesday Sept 4th deadline only applied to players already on IR before the 53 man cut. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007 comment:
    [QUOTE]

pezz4pats, thanks for that article. Here's how I read it:

As long as the Pats keep a 52 man roster between now and Tuesday, and assuming the Pats did not place Demps in the season-ending IR, then Demps will be eligible to return.

So, I think there is hope.

[/QUOTE]

pats 07,
    thanks man...holding out hope

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Heres the Bedard link :

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2012/08/after_the_cuts.html?camp=misc:on:twit:pats

Hopefully Bedard has misinterpreted the new rule

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

Ahh.

Found it before I came back, sorry, thanks...

Yea, we really need the "official" IR rule link.

Hope Demps isn't done for the season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Does anyone have the link to the actual rules language from the NFL or NFLPA?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

The NFL Players Association has agreed to push the trade deadline back by two weeks until after Week 8 of the regular season, and also OK’d a rule change that will allow one player per team to return from the injured reserve to the active roster and play that season.

Previously, a player designated for the injured reserve list would be automatically ineligible to play for the balance of the season. Under the amended terms, a team can designate one player who has been placed on injured reserved to return later in the season. That player, however, must be on the team's final 53-man roster (finalized on Friday), and also will not be eligible to practice until after the sixth week of the season, and won’t be able to play until after the eighth week of the season.

Because this rule was not agreed upon until Thursday, NFL teams have been granted an exemption for the 2012 season in which they can designate a player that has already been placed on the injured reserve list as a player to return later in this season. This designation must be made by Friday. As an example, the Patriots could designate linebacker Dane Fletcher, who was placed on the injured reserve list earlier this preseason after suffering a major knee injury, as their player to return.

It would appear that this new injured reserve rule could impact the Patriots in one way or another this season. Although we do not know the specifics of injuries to players like Visanthe Shiancoe, Nick McDonald and Tracy White, all three are players who are ineligible to be placed on the PUP list, and could bring value to the team down the road. It would seem plausible for the team to designate one of these three players as their player who would be eligible to return from injured reserve, if in fact their injuries are severe enough that they will not be able to return to the field before the start of the regular season.

Sections
Shortcuts