Demps Signs With Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Demps Signs With Patriots

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4727264/report-demps-agrees-with-patriots

Try to discuss without insulting each other.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Re: Demps Signs With Patriots

Is this move simply because they got what could be a promising player for cheap or does this signal the end of Ridley's season?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Demps Signs With Patriots:
    Is this move simply because they got what could be a promising player for cheap or does this signal the end of Ridley's season?
    Posted by danemcmenamin
    classic bb move, love it.. he could make the practice squad.. definitely spells doom for WOODHEAD! he's a guy easily replaceable with no solid spot on this team. i think we will trade him for a 6th or 7throunder, perhaps back to the jets. demps is the same size but can actually be a game breaker rather than a serviceable place holder. edelman caN do more things plus everything that woody does incl kick returning and even iemergency running back and so forth.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Two smurfs on the roster at the same position?  I don't think so.  Thanks Woody, but the team is going in another direction.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

i think it is a good move in an attempt to shore up the kicking game, but didnt Demps have fumbleitis a couple years ago? (I may be confusing him with another player) I know Mike Reiss will be happy as he has championed this guy since before the draft.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

here's 4.5 minute clip: Run, pass, KR etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6PQ09oTu-4

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Woodhead is one tough SOB. Still picking Woodhead.
    Posted by bobbysu

Agreed. I don't think I would waste a roster spot on someone whose only role is a kick returner. Half of the kickoffs nowadays are touchbacks anyways. If he can do something out of the backfield as well, great, but if not, I'd probably pass.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I know I'm overstating the obvious but OMG that guy's fast.

How he translates to the NFL remains to be seen though.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

This guy will have to prove he can return kicks and become a third down option as well as play on the kick off coverage team at minimum to make this team.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

If speed kills, Demps needs a jail cell and a priest.  He helped set the fastest U.S. men's Olympic team 4x100 time in history.  There's nobody on any football field like him.  Bonus:  he has played football.  He can run the ball and he can stretch the field.

Demps had a choice.  He could either go with the Patriots and become a superstar, commanding about 3 times whatever he's worth assuming the big payday rolls around, and maybe he'd get a nice ring or two, or he could try Rex Ryan and become an abused malcontent that nobody would want.

P.S.  I remember when a 4.4 40 yard dash was the gold standard.  I just read that Demps runs a 4.18 40.

Positives: Versatile skill player with the potential to be a third-down back at the next level. Fast, beats defenders around the corner and quickly gets to top gear. Solid pass catcher who easily adjusts to the errant throw and makes the reception away from his frame. Shifty runner who displays terrific quickness in his game and the ability to create yardage.

Negatives: Not a strong ballcarrier and can be easily tackled by a single defender. Minimally productive in college.

sportsillustrated.cnn.com

I'd say that BB looked at "terrific quickness" and pegged Demps as a potential successor to Wes Welker, except Demps will also blast deep at any time so don't crowd the line of scrimmage. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I really like this move. The return game was a major weakness last year and if this guy can get game ready he will vastly improve that. I watch SEC games every weekend, Alabama in particular, and remember how dangerous Demps was when they played Florida. Small guy but very fast with great quickness too. For a little guy he was pretty tough too. Demps is one of those game changing players that can score from anywhere on the field. When he's out there the defense has to keep an eye on him. Great Move..  This team keeps getting better.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Only in NE is a guy projected to be a 7th round pick a big story.
    Posted by JetMangione

Shouldn't you be spending more time worrying about your 8-8 team that has not been to the Super Bowl since before most living Americans were born?  (The median age of Americans in the 2010 census was 37.2 years.) 

It is a consolation to Patriots fans on this forum who have to endure your posts to know that you must be completely consumed by envy. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Vereen displaces Woodhead as a receiving back and as a returner

Demps is a talent play with more upside as a returner and weapon

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re: Demps Signs With Patriots : Umm, they signed Gregory before looking at Landry. Landry wanted more money. See ya. Yeah, BB helped kick up the price based on Landry's visit to NE. Are you really this dumb?  Apparently.
    Posted by Dusty Bottoms

UNBELIEVABLE! Many of us have that Jetsmanass on IGNORE and between you and Babe EVERY one of his posts are responded too defeating the entire process...
    Why do you insist on letting him play you like a child? HINT...you can respond without duplicating his posts.... PLEASE!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I guess what I'm saying is if Vereen can return kicks and possibly punts while being the second running back and pass catching back, then Demps is basically a rich man's Woodhead (faster, just as dynamic, can't really be much of a worse returner)

So, Ridley/Vereen/Demps would be our backfield

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Did I say 1st or 2nd rd?   Lie and deflect much? You always deflect and spin wildly when embarrassed.  You're good at that and it's why you follow me around here trying to regain footing. lmao The whole reason why you're posting on this thread is because you'e jealous.   You thought the Jets had Demps.  You lost.  McKnight is currently being beaten out by Bilal Powell, so that means McKnight as a 3rd RB on the depth chart is overrated by you. Demps would be a #5 RB here.
    Posted by Dusty Bottoms

Thank you...I feel much better now...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

I still say it's easier for everyone here if the mods simply banned the ones who want it to be about them and their selfish agendas

LOL, Thanks for the laugh, crusty/dusty/rusty/clifford/king.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: Demps Signs With Patriots : Where would a 5' 7" backup RB starting 5 games in his last year and getting les than 100 carries get drafted?  First round?  Second round? Overrate much?
    Posted by JetMangione

You drafted your quarterback in the first round, top 5 pick I think. We drafted our Quarterback in the 6th round. I'd say that we did better and that the Patriots have a good Idea as to what they're doing here. 

Thanks for your concern though.

Sections
Shortcuts