Demps Signs With Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Demps Signs With Patriots

In Response to Re: Demps Signs With Patriots:
    In Response to Re: Demps Signs With Patriots : Tex, did I read correctly that if Demps had gone to the combine and done alright that he had a 3rd rd grade?

RESPONSE: Demps passed on an invitation to go to the Combine. Mel Kiper thought that, if he had gone to the Combine and by-passed the Olympics, that he was worthy of a 3rd or 4th round grade.

If so this is an absolute steal. We are possibly getting the fastest player in the NFL with very good experience from a great program.   If it doesn't work out its not like we wasted a draft pick on him. This is a win win situation.

RESPONSE: Good point. The Pats' have nothing to lose with this signing, and everything to gain.

Even if we PUP the guy till week 6 while he gets in football shape and then we only use him on kickoffs it is a great addition.

RESPONSE: I suspect that BB will also eventually use Demps in screens, swing passes, and also may utilize him as a slot receiver. Whether Demps succeeds or fails will depend upon his ability to stay healthy, and hold onto the ball.
    Posted by TrueChamp

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

O by the way Belicheck IS NOT THE BEST COACH IN THE NFL, Its Tom Coughlin!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Demps Signs With Patriots : Given his size and injury history I'd rather keep him specifically a KR, like Tate, and try to work him in on some specific trick plays and some deep routes. He would be interesting to walk in a screen with a couple of blockers out front
    Posted by PatsEng

exactly my thoughts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Demps Signs With Patriots :
    Posted by TexasPat

": I suspect that BB will also eventually use Demps in screens, swing passes, and also may utilize him as a slot receiver. Whether Demps succeeds or fails will depend upon his ability to stay healthy, and hold onto the ball."

agreed, agreed, and agree, and also end arounds

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

As a receiver he could stretch the field like no one in the game today. 

The Jets will be wheeling oxygen tanks onto the field during time outs for their D. They can ask Revis whether he thinks Bill B is the best coach as they wheel him off the field at halftime but he won't be able to answer because he'll be sucking wind. 

Coming out of the backfield who is going to cover him? He can stretch the field even from the backfield. Watch that film again and the 2 views of him juking that cover at 23 seconds in - they give two views. That dude FLEW past the defender who was falling down in the opposite direction. 

Someone has to stay with him and that will open up the floodgates. I don't care if he doesn't catch a single pass all year - someone HAS TO STAY WITH HIM or Brady will toss it to a wide open Demps.  He's short and that is the only problem imo but that's an advantage when used right as Woodhead shows.

For those who can remember - Bob Hayes was dissed because he was a track star and fragile. Demps is smaller than Hayes but has way more football experience.

Hayes CHANGED the game. Demps can too but for now I'll settle for a weapon that will force defenses to loosen up giving the rest of the backs and receivers some room.

So here is my poll - how many kick and punt returns this year for touchdowns from Demps? That's like the icing on the cake.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Demps 84 yard TD run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW4X664GRt0&feature=related

In this video the Jets defensive backfield try and stay with Demps.

That juke where he sends the back into the stands.

Demps kicking dirt into the defenders - 72 yard TD run.

Sections
Shortcuts