Demps Signs With Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Re: Demps Signs With Patriots

In Response to Re: Demps Signs With Patriots:
    I still say it's easier for everyone here if the mods simply banned the ones who want it to be about them and their selfish agendas LOL, Thanks for the laugh, crusty/dusty/rusty/clifford/king.
    Posted by pezz4pats

We must always respect our 1st amendment rights, but we all have the right to ignore....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryBallz. Show HarryBallz's posts

Well, he is fast and he does appear to have both open field moves (as opposed to just straight line speed) and vision.  I don't think this impacts Woodhead since he is a proven NFL player but maybe Bolden since the scouting reports on him are a bit iffy right now.  Kid looks like a nice weapon to have.  

Double TE, split backfield, line him up behind Gronk and then keep Lloyd wide opposite to that.   Good luck defending that formation.  Cool

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

It's fun watching Demps run by three guys that have better angles. My God can this guy run. I have no idea if he'll amount to anything, but the thought of this guy catching a pass in space is pretty awesome. I remember the days when Belichick gave Eric Metcalf a decent contract....I'm sure Metcalf was a bit sturdier and polished, but Bill likes these guys.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Yeah, anytime that Demps touches the ball it's scary for a defense, always a threat to score. The Patriots are going to be able to beat teams in so many different ways. 

Not to knock Woodhead but I hope he doesn't return any kicks this year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

This guy also has a serious case of fumblitis... that will have to be cured also.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Demps Signs With Patriots : We must always respect our 1st amendment rights, but we all have the right to ignore....
    Posted by part-timer

The First amendment does not always protect freedoms (such as freedom of speech), because limitations are put on your individual rights in order to protect the rights of others.
    In other words, 99% of the other posters should NOT HAVE TO IGNORE one malcontent, just because it's his right to spew venom.

That being said, back to the OP, I love the signing.  Just not sure if he'll crack the 54.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Demps Signs With Patriots : Right. Me on here 3 years ago warning of patience and a lockout, the Jets issues and flaws as people banned me over and over, is me having an "selfish" agenda. How about this? I was right all along and I'll be right again if Brady throws for 40+ times against good Ds and we lose due to that. I offered you and Prolate the bet and you didn't take it. Gee, I wonder why? Put your money where your mouth is. It's pathetic you can't acknowledge there are people who are just a wee bit more intelligent than you on these topics. It's not the end of the world, Mr. Insecure. I'd hate to see your reaction when a co-worker one-ups you on your job. lol If you have a job, that is.
    Posted by Dusty Bottoms

Your selfish agenda for the past year has been to bash Brady. 
    Brady will continue to throw 40+ times if there is a need.
    You are banned for your constant attacks on other posters, your constant use of vulgarity and hate speak. 
    Until you understand that, you will continue to be banned from now to eternity.
    No one is banned for opinion, it's the delivery of your distorted opinion that matters. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

It's fun watching Demps run by three guys that have better angles. My God can this guy run. I have no idea if he'll amount to anything, but the thought of this guy catching a pass in space is pretty awesome. I remember the days when Belichick gave Eric Metcalf a decent contract....I'm sure Metcalf was a bit sturdier and polished, but Bill likes these guys.
    Posted by mthurl

Demps' agent is now saying that no deal has been done with the Pats:  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/17/jeff-demps-agent-denies-deal-done-nearly-everyone-else-says-it-is/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

This board blows..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

All of FB's are currently injured, and Ridley is now injured as well.  This means the Pats have only 3 RB's to use in the upcoming Mon night game, and who knows how those injuries will shake out in the upcoming days/weeks.  So this was a depth move, with the added bonus of potentially sparking the kick return game.  Good move in my opinion.  If it doesn't work out, we will at least had an additional tackling dummy in for the preseason to lessen the chance of our main backs getting injured.  If it does work out, well that's a great thing right?  Maybe not good for Woodhead or Bodden, but if this guy has the wheels everyone claims (Gold medal anyone?) it could really give our return game the spark it's been so desperately needing while adding some depth and dynamic to the team. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

All of FB's are currently injured, and Ridley is now injured as well.  This means the Pats have only 3 RB's to use in the upcoming Mon night game, and who knows how those injuries will shake out in the upcoming days/weeks.  So this was a depth move, with the added bonus of potentially sparking the kick return game.  Good move in my opinion.  If it doesn't work out, we will at least had an additional tackling dummy in for the preseason to lessen the chance of our main backs getting injured.  If it does work out, well that's a great thing right?  Maybe not good for Woodhead or Bodden, but if this guy has the wheels everyone claims (Gold medal anyone?) it could really give our return game the spark it's been so desperately needing while adding some depth and dynamic to the team. 
    Posted by agill1970

i see it the wat you summed it up.
    and our kick return was one of the biggest needs of improvement.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

If speed kills, Demps needs a jail cell and a priest.  He helped set the fastest U.S. men's Olympic team 4x100 time in history.  There's nobody on any football field like him.  Bonus:  he has played football.  He can run the ball and he can stretch the field. Demps had a choice.  He could either go with the Patriots and become a superstar, commanding about 3 times whatever he's worth assuming the big payday rolls around, and maybe he'd get a nice ring or two, or he could try Rex Ryan and become an abused malcontent that nobody would want. P.S.  I remember when a 4.4 40 yard dash was the gold standard.  I just read that Demps runs a 4.18 40. Positives:  Versatile skill player with the potential to be a third-down back at the next level. Fast, beats defenders around the corner and quickly gets to top gear. Solid pass catcher who easily adjusts to the errant throw and makes the reception away from his frame. Shifty runner who displays terrific quickness in his game and the ability to create yardage. Negatives:  Not a strong ballcarrier and can be easily tackled by a single defender. Minimally productive in college. sportsillustrated.cnn.com I'd say that BB looked at "terrific quickness" and pegged Demps as a potential successor to Wes Welker, except Demps will also blast deep at any time so don't crowd the line of scrimmage. 
    Posted by Paul_K

i saw him at florida, hes a game changer yo can lineup anywhere and obviously kick returner who can burn you, which we needed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

I don't see,wood head being cut. Can demps pass block? Jets are gonna suck hard this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

From all the reports I've read up until reading this thread it was the Jets who were pursuing Demps the hardest,what BB could do that the Jets couldn't do was offer a chance to play for a SB contender and make the team. Demps was a productive player in the Urban Meyer system and he might be in the BB system but one things for sure he won't be in the Jets system! All I know for sure is that Demps was arguably the fastest player on the Gators last season and all of his prior seasons! 98 rushes for 500+ yards and 6 TDS,not bad for an undrafted midget.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I guess what I'm saying is if Vereen can return kicks and possibly punts while being the second running back and pass catching back, then Demps is basically a rich man's Woodhead (faster, just as dynamic, can't really be much of a worse returner) So, Ridley/Vereen/Demps would be our backfield
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

+1 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This is a great move, I love it.  Demps isn't an every down type back so he is going to fit in very well with the Patriots system.  Woodhead could be in a little trouble here.  But I'm thinking they brought him due to Riddley having some ball problems.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I see Demps. As similar in skill set to Dexter McCluster eg wr/rb. I don,t know that I trust him to be 3rd down back like Faulk.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

What does Bolden bring that everyone assumes that he's a lock to make this team? He's a JAG as far as I can tell, admittedly my only look at him was vs. New Orleans. Frankly I think he's the first one to go if Demps can play, not Woody. Woody's proven. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

What does Bolden bring that everyone assumes that he's a lock to make this team? He's a JAG as far as I can tell, admittedly my only look at him was vs. New Orleans. Frankly I think he's the first one to go if Demps can play, not Woody. Woody's proven. 
    Posted by Muzwell

I think you may be right there. Bolden was reported to be having a good camp, looking quick with good vision but he didn't look so against the Saints. Again that's only one pre season game with a few reps and he may not have had much help out there. That said Ridley and Vereen are going to make the team, Demps most likely will too. It would come down to Woodhead and Bolden then right? Maybe Bolden makes the practice squad.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Yup, that old Green Eyed Monster is thoroughly in play here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Were the Jets interested?

-----New England Patriots beat reporter for the Boston Herald

Demps will sign a three-year deal with the Patriots. In the process of putting the ink on the page right now.

Unreal: All 32 teams showed interest in Jeff Demps. 26 were in constant communication. About 1/4 the league was still in on him today.

Demps personally called a handful of general managers to thank them for their interest after deciding on the Patriots.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Were the Jets interested? Jeff Howe   ----- New England Patriots beat reporter for the Boston Herald Demps will sign a three-year deal with the Patriots. In the process of putting the ink on the page right now. Expand   Reply     Retweet     Favorite 17m Unreal: All 32 teams showed interest in Jeff Demps. 26 were in constant communication. About 1/4 the league was still in on him today.
    Posted by Rocky

WOW. 1/4 quarter of the league?
    all 32 showed interest.
    3 years?
    how much guaranteed though.
    looks like hell make the 53 man roster.
    who does it know off
    ebner has been rising too.
    thanks rocky

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Bredbru---And obviously he has class!  Wonder why he did not sign with the Jets?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Posted by Muzwell

I kind of agree, Bolden didn't look real good during that game, but I'd like to see if that changes. I'm not getting why people would think Woody would go in favor of this guy. Woody is pretty good at everything, who knows what Demps will bring outside of blazing speed? There may be upside there, but there is no way we go into the season with 4 young, inexperienced running backs.

At the same time if they cut Bolden and keep Demps, we will really have three guys that should be playing the third down back position (Vareen, Woody, Demps).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

interesting. Not sure if Demps can cut it. From what I've read he has no lateral movement and is practicully all top speed.

Be interesting to watch though to see if the reports are right or not

Sections
Shortcuts