Demps Signs With Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Demps Signs With Patriots

In Response to Re: Demps Signs With Patriots:
    Were the Jets interested? Jeff Howe   ----- New England Patriots beat reporter for the Boston Herald Demps will sign a three-year deal with the Patriots. In the process of putting the ink on the page right now. Unreal: All 32 teams showed interest in Jeff Demps. 26 were in constant communication. About 1/4 the league was still in on him today.   Demps personally called a handful of general managers to thank them for their interest after deciding on the Patriots.
    Posted by Rocky

He wants to play for a great organization with a chance to win a championship. Smart guy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

bleacherreport says demps signed with the pats according to ian rappaport of nfl.com. i check nfl.com and the only rap report is aw tehre says demps to sign with the pats. 

if this does materialize, i think it is a genius move. demps is exactly the kind of kid who i think the pats should be picking up on udfa's, even late rounds - someone with an outlier physique or ability. it's okay if it doe snot work out. if it does, it will work out really well.

with that speed, he sets up a potent play action. it's great that he can catch too. wow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

What does Bolden bring that everyone assumes that he's a lock to make this team? He's a JAG as far as I can tell, admittedly my only look at him was vs. New Orleans. Frankly I think he's the first one to go if Demps can play, not Woody. Woody's proven. 
    Posted by Muzwell

This years Terrence Nunn.  I remember when 90% of the board was crying because we cut him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Bredbru---And obviously he has class!  Wonder why he did not sign with the Jets?
    Posted by Rocky

:)
    the obvious...

"And obviously he has class!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

What does Bolden bring that everyone assumes that he's a lock to make this team? He's a JAG as far as I can tell, admittedly my only look at him was vs. New Orleans. Frankly I think he's the first one to go if Demps can play, not Woody. Woody's proven. 
    Posted by Muzwell

+1 I've been looking at Bolden as a BJGE replacement but he's at the same place BJGE was when he joined the team. Frankly I wasn't overly impressed the first preseason game I saw. I'm looking forward to the next couple of preseason games but still I think this kid needs at least a year on the PS before he gets reps (unless Ridley is injured more then we originally thought)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

bleacherreport says demps signed with the pats according to ian rappaport of nfl.com. i check nfl.com and the only rap report is aw tehre says demps to sign with the pats.  if this does materialize, i think it is a genius move. demps is exactly the kind of kid who i think the pats should be picking up on udfa's, even late rounds - someone with an outlier physique or ability. it's okay if it doe snot work out. if it does, it will work out really well. with that speed, he sets up a potent play action. it's great that he can catch too. wow.
    Posted by seattlepat70

yep he caught passes at florida. end arounds. backfield. all over, anywhere they coudl get him the ball

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Demps Signs With Patriots : +1 I've been looking at Bolden as a BJGE replacement but he's at the same place BJGE was when he joined the team. Frankly I wasn't overly impressed the first preseason game I saw. I'm looking forward to the next couple of preseason games but still I think this kid needs at least a year on the PS before he gets reps (unless Ridley is injured more then we originally thought)
    Posted by PatsEng

sensible and agreed, providing ridley is back out before long

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

interesting. Not sure if Demps can cut it. From what I've read he has no lateral movement and is practicully all top speed. Be interesting to watch though to see if the reports are right or not
    Posted by PatsEng

at florida he was elusive and a threat to break a long one whenver he touched the ball as rb, wr, kick, endarounds, etc

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

interesting. Not sure if Demps can cut it. From what I've read he has no lateral movement and is practicully all top speed. Be interesting to watch though to see if the reports are right or not
    Posted by PatsEng

all top speed? 
    you cannot be an olympic class 100m sprinter without elite initial burst. that's the kind of rb that the pats has not had in a while. on that youtube, he shows he has enough lateral quickness to create the opening he needs to allow that n-s speed kill the opponent. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Demps Signs With Patriots : at florida he was elusive and a threat to break a long one whenver he touched the ball as rb, wr, kick, endarounds, etc
    Posted by bredbru

I actually think I had Demps as one of my sleeper picks but I remember watching some video and most of his elusiveness came from his speed. Other players trying to compensate and taking sharp angles before Demps even got to them in open space. But, he doesn't have the lateral change of direction that Sporels or even Woodhead has at top speed (used them just for size comparison).

He will be interesting to watch though. But don't expect him to play on Monday. He needs to get into football shape which might take a couple of weeks. That's what makes this signing even more interesting. They might only get a week to evaluate him before cutdowns from 75-53. That will be an interesting week to watch

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Demps Signs With Patriots : all top speed?  you cannot be an olympic class 100m sprinter without elite initial burst. that's the kind of rb that the pats has not had in a while. on that youtube, he shows he has enough lateral quickness to create the opening he needs to allow that n-s speed kill the opponent. 
    Posted by seattlepat70

Intiial burst.....what a great possibility!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Demps Signs With Patriots : I actually think I had Demps as one of my sleeper picks but I remember watching some video and most of his elusiveness came from his speed. Other players trying to compensate and taking sharp angles before Demps even got to them in open space. But, he doesn't have the lateral change of direction that Sporels or even Woodhead has at top speed (used them just for size comparison). He will be interesting to watch though. But don't expect him to play on Monday. He needs to get into football shape which might take a couple of weeks. That's what makes this signing even more interesting. They might only get a week to evaluate him before cutdowns from 75-53. That will be an interesting week to watch
    Posted by PatsEng

Don't think he can practice until 3 days after he signs.  New rules.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Demps Signs With Patriots : all top speed?  you cannot be an olympic class 100m sprinter without elite initial burst. that's the kind of rb that the pats has not had in a while. on that youtube, he shows he has enough lateral quickness to create the opening he needs to allow that n-s speed kill the opponent. 
    Posted by seattlepat70

all top speed refers to his main weapon not in reference to lack of initial burst. Of course olympic sprinters have great initial bursts, that's a given.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

what would be interesting is because Demps has pretty good hands if they'd comsider converting him to a WR. He might not have height but speed with good hands could be deadly out wide

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

In Response to Re: Demps Signs With Patriots : This years Terrence Nunn.  I remember when 90% of the board was crying because we cut him.
    Posted by tcal2-

The only problem with your opinion is everyone agrees Demps would have been drafted had he not gone to the Olympics. Nunn never had a chance in hell to be drafted. So I guess you have no idea what you are talking about. So P!ss off.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Demps Signs With Patriots : The only problem with your opinion is everyone agrees Demps would have been drafted had he not gone to the Olympics. Nunn never had a chance in hell to be drafted. So I guess you have no idea what you are talking about. So P!ss off.
    Posted by tartarus12

That being said Chad Jackson was a 2nd round pick so just because he might have been drafted doesn't mean he'll be any better then Nunn either. Lets wait until he hits the field before judging one way or the other

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

what would be interesting is because Demps has pretty good hands if they'd comsider converting him to a WR. He might not have height but speed with good hands could be deadly out wide
    Posted by PatsEng

tb will have to throw earlier... else he'd underthrow that kid

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: Demps Signs With Patriots : The only problem with your opinion is everyone agrees Demps would have been drafted had he not gone to the Olympics. Nunn never had a chance in hell to be drafted. So I guess you have no idea what you are talking about. So P!ss off.
    Posted by tartarus12

You show you ignorance by going out of your way to take a shot at me tartar.  If your reading comprehension was any better you would of seen I was responding to the post about BOLDEN and he being the next Nunn. 

Still mad about me making you look like a fool over Mckenzie?  Get over it already

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Re: Demps Signs With Patriots : Don't think he can practice until 3 days after he signs.  New rules.
    Posted by pezz4pats

Beware the dreaded hamstring injury. The Pats should bring Demps along slowly.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

It is official..........

Patriots sign rookie RB Jeff Demps

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Patriots announced today the signing of rookie free agent RB Jeff Demps today. Terms of the contract were not announced. 

Demps, 22, played in 51 games with 27 starts during his college career at Florida. The 5-foot-7, 191-pounder finished his career with 367 rushing attempts for 2,470 yards for 6.7-yard average with 23 rushing touchdowns. He also returned 21 kickoffs for 604 yards and one touchdown. Demps was also a standout sprinter for the Florida track team and is the only Florida athlete to have won a national championship in two sports with his 2009 football national championship and multiple indoor and outdoor tack titles over his four year. 

Demps was a member of the 2012 US Olympic roster as a member of the 4x100 meter relay team that won the silver medal.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

nice

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

To everyone wondering, yes it's true I'm now a new England patriot. Glad to be apart of the team. It's truly an honor. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Patriots signing of Demps,  brings roster to 89 players

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Sweet......any Olympic Shot Putting OT's out there?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Demps Signs With Patriots : I actually think I had Demps as one of my sleeper picks but I remember watching some video and most of his elusiveness came from his speed. Other players trying to compensate and taking sharp angles before Demps even got to them in open space. But, he doesn't have the lateral change of direction that Sporels or even Woodhead has at top speed (used them just for size comparison). He will be interesting to watch though. But don't expect him to play on Monday. He needs to get into football shape which might take a couple of weeks. That's what makes this signing even more interesting. They might only get a week to evaluate him before cutdowns from 75-53. That will be an interesting week to watch
    Posted by PatsEng

if hes got much guarqanteed money it may not matter

Sections
Shortcuts