Denard Over\Under

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Denard Over\Under

What does he get tomorrow? I'm thinking probation and some community service.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Denard Over\Under

I worry it's Neb and he gets 6 months and is out at 4.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'm hoping Probation but you never know.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

You always wonder about these things, you never can underestimate a judge willing to use an athlete to make an example out of.  They could really use this as an opportunity to use Fonzie to do good.  Instead of locking him up, use him to talk to teens about not making these type of mistakes.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

What's Nebraska got to do with anything? But I doubt he gets serious jail time, the guy is a millionare now. Millionares need to do something extremly terrible to go to jail. 

I bet he has to apologize and talk to inner city kids about not messing up. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

Probabtion (2 years), 10K fine, lots of community service...but there have been several bad incidents in this college town with drunken kids tearing the place up and getting into altercations with cops and they may try to send a message...who knows

He's not a college kid anymore, they would hardly be sending a message. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

What's Nebraska got to do with anything? But I doubt he gets serious jail time, the guy is a millionare now. Millionares need to do something extremly terrible to go to jail. 

He was a 7th round pic. You sure he has that much money?? and then there are those pesky lawyer fee's. If he wants to stay out of jail, gonna cost money and I wouldnt be envious of a 7th round pick needing money to fight a case of assault on a cop. I still think he gets no jail time because any money he has better go to his lawyer to keep him out cuz his career could be over if he does 6 months hard time.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I'm hoping Probation but you never know.

I agree probation with some combination of community service, counselling, and fines.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

max fine, time served, 1000hrs community service, 2yrs probation

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

What I hope:  18 months suspended sentence; 6 weeks community service.

Don't think they'll be any jail time but tough to tell at this point.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

based on the Pats spending money on Edelman and maybe Sanders, it appears they already know Dennerd is not missing any time. Otherwise, I think you would have seen the money spent on a CB

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Well...Nebraska has different sentencing laws than MA. Denard was convicted of felony assualt as well, serious conviction, even for a first timer. I remember after Denard was convicted reading about Nebraska's Court system and sentence practices. Nebraska actually has a very strong young offender program for dealing with late teens/early twenties violators. I remember reading that Nebraska has the 3rd harshest sentence times for these youth/young adults.

That's what Nebraska has to do with it...

Other than that I was just throwing it out there....................

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzyDizzyIzzy. Show BuzyDizzyIzzy's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

6 months?  Dude, this kid has never been in trouble. Ever.  It's somewhat obvious this was a Lincoln PD celebrity based case.

I am not saying he didn't make contact with the police officer, but if there is a skirmish outside, someone has already been struck and it's dark out.

It's not like he sought the officer out and walked up to him and struck him. Someone was punched in a crowd and his move was probably a lot about self defense in a tense situation, more so than "assault".

Haven't you ever witnessed a resisting situation outside of a music venue or arena? I have. Sometimes the resisting leads to arms flailing and contact.

From there, the officer can throw on an "assualt charge".  I highly doubt he gets more than 30 days, if any jail time.

6 months? 

When he's done in the NFL and he applies for a big boy job, he's going to have to say "yes, I am a felon". That's a big punishment for a guy who has never had any issue with the law in his life.

I think we all know that he will get hit with a max. fine(since the judge Im sure knows he can pay it). The question is the jailtime/probation thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 30-90 days jailtime with probation on top of it. I betcha 30 days.......year probation afterwards. Which I'd be fine with, and Im sure Dennard would be too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Amendola. Show Brady2Amendola's posts

I like Fonzie he stepped up big last year hope he gets let off easy

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Pat on the back. Citizen of the year award, 1m dollar lotto ticket and time served with probation.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

Just read on espn/boston (so it must be true!) that the prosecution was not going to push for jail time. Anyone else hear that anywhere? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

So tough of a call because it's all going to come down to the judge.  Does he get lucky with a judge that just wants to give him a firm wrist slapping with some probation and community service?  Or does he get a judge that wants to send a message by smacking down a pro athlete, or that hates the Pats? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

As a Pats fan I hope it does not affect the Pats. As a citizen I hope he gets the book thrown at him because atheletes need to stop getting ANY sort of pass. Period.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Probation

Sections
Shortcuts