Dennard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Dennard

Guys getting rave reviews for pass breakups and coverage. Is he really this good or does he have something to play for? I'm curious to see what he can do with a pass rush. 

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4745708/bed-check-draft-picks-check-in

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Dennard

Today they get to jam, this should only help him or let us know that we might have something at receiver. There's a lot of good pieces on the D. As much as they all need to intermesh, I feel better this year about the D then I have in a long time.  It's the right mix of veteran and youth.   

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Today they get to jam, this should only help him or let us know that we might have something at receiver. There's a lot of good pieces on the D. As much as they all need to intermesh, I feel better this year about the D then I have in a long time.  It's the right mix of veteran and youth.   

Agreed, the D has the ingredients especially if Jones and Hightower progress and the secondary stays healthy. my only concern is the lack of depth on the interior of the D line. They can't expect  Vince to be out there for 80% of the plays again this year and assume he will perform at an all pro level again. They need to get him down to the low 70% in snaps to keep him effective. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Agree.  I think Boyce will be good right away.  Not saying Dobson won't, but I just think Boyce and be used in more ways out of the gate.

It's possible. I imagine BB loves Boyce's ability to line up in the slot or on the outside. We will have to watch as camp progresses to see who is getting the first team snaps (I don't read into it too early because BB usually mixes it up early on).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from copydog. Show copydog's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Agree.  I think Boyce will be good right away.  Not saying Dobson won't, but I just think Boyce and be used in more ways out of the gate.

It's possible. I imagine BB loves Boyce's ability to line up in the slot or on the outside. We will have to watch as camp progresses to see who is getting the first team snaps (I don't read into it too early because BB usually mixes it up early on).

I think both Dobson and Boyce will be the real deal, certainly in comparison to the other guys in camp after Amendola....but given they are rookies, it will take some time before they get mucho snaps during games.

As for Dennard, he proved during the last third of last season he can play....I give him big props for being able to concentrate as well as he appears to be right now...let's just hope the judge is lenient.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I wonder if you can read into the white signing as not good for armestead. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Be curious to see what BB does in the way of zone and man coverage with a reasonably healthy secondary. I felt for awhile that Arrington got the contract on the basis of Talib being gone next year, while in reality he might just be the 3rd CB depending on Dennard's legal status (community service leinancy. Wilson used to cover TEs and RBs ( busting up screens short hitches). I hope that either Ryan or Dowling will be able to play the dime, but we'll see. Very steady stream of vets and young players on D. Would love to see the D get some pressure up the middle with Wilfork and Kelly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

The kid is facing some issues off the field. It would not surprise me if these off the field issues open his eyes and lead him to focusing more. May be good for the Pats.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

This may all be academic as he may be unavailable to the Pats for a season or two.  (Hope not.)

Sections
Shortcuts