Dennard 4 yr deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Dennard 4 yr deal

Any chance Rasi and Dennard are the starters in 2013?

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2012/05/patriots_dennar.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Dennard 4 yr deal

little, I expect a bounceback year for McCourty

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

IMO McCourty and Ras start the season as starting corners just like last season, chance of Dennard at free safety but Gregory more likely.  Love rookie's that sign contracts early and get into the playbook sooner...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Dowling is the wildcard imo. I loved him coming out, injury problems aside, and I still think he could be the best corner on the team this season. As always the big question is health and depth. If they can stay healthy I think the secondary makes huge improvements. If not, it will be another crapshoot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Still needs a get out of jail card.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

lets wait to see if he is in camp or jail come june

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Thats why i posted 2013.  This season might be a little early with his situation.

Dowling and Dennard have their issues but seem to be a young and talented pair.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Dennard 4 yr deal:
    Dowling is the wildcard imo. I loved him coming out, injury problems aside, and I still think he could be the best corner on the team this season. As always the big question is health and depth. If they can stay healthy I think the secondary makes huge improvements. If not, it will be another crapshoot.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

Ras-I IS the best corner on the team period. 
    it was obvious from the start.
    hope he only gets better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Mccourty has a lot of work to do before id let him play cb again (proving he can in practice). till then id have him at safety.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

lets wait to see if he is in camp or jail come june
    Posted by natesubs

yea h i havent seen a plea to a reduced charge. that ususally happens. without that he could be in trouble. if the d.a. is looking to make some hay politically it could be tough.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In Response to Re: Dennard 4 yr deal : yea h i havent seen a plea to a reduced charge. that ususally happens. without that he could be in trouble. if the d.a. is looking to make some hay politically it could be tough.
    Posted by bredbru

Charges and sentencing will depend on his criminal history. If he's clean, he walks or gets probation which would be transferred to Massachusetts (Norfolk County Dept of Probation?) 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Dennard 4 yr deal : Charges and sentencing will depend on his criminal history. If he's clean, he walks or gets probation which would be transferred to Massachusetts (Norfolk County Dept of Probation?) 
    Posted by NYC

it will depend on the charges, ie if they stay, what the da is pushing for (often a political thing, and the judges discretion (as well as if there are any mandatory sentencing in the state of the crime regarding the charge). criminal history is only a piece, and usually affects the discretion.

probation is no walk in the park. depending on parole officer (discretion), he can worst case end up doing the whole sentence for any minor offense (ie marijuana).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Dennard 4 yr deal : Ras-I IS the best corner on the team period.  it was obvious from the start. hope he only gets better. Mccourty has a lot of work to do before id let him play cb again (proving he can in practice). till then id have him at safety. 
    Posted by bredbru

Devin McCourty 2011 Regular Season Complete & Extended Stats <courtesy of ESPN.com & NFL.com />

14 Games  87 Total Tackles  2 Interceptions for 38 Yards  0 Forced Fumbles  0 Fumble Recoveries  0 Sacks  13 Passes Defensed  5 Tackles for a Loss  1 Kick Return for 24 Yards

~~

Ras I Dowling 2011 Regular Season Complete & Extended Stats <courtesy of ESPN.com & NFL.com />

2 Games  3 Total Tackles  0 Interceptions for 0 Yards  0 Forced Fumbles  0 Fumble Recoveries  0 Sacks  0 Passes Defensed  0 Tackles for a Loss  0 STs or Offensive Production

~~~~
    Devin McCourty- playing injured 1/4 of the year, and without the lone NFL caliber Safety to back him for 1/2 of the year, and tasked with the #1 CB spot to defend the opposing team's #1 wideout more often than any single other NE Patriots CB, and part of a Secondary Scheme flip-flopping 1 week to the next, A feast or total famine pass rush game by game by a Front 7 sending more guys to rush the QB more often than in any preceding year under Belichick in distant memory- DID NOT have the same production as he did in His Rookie Campaign....His rookie year, when he wasn't just a pro-bowler, but an ALL-Pro too...

Thus we can logically conclude: Ras I Dowling=Currently The Best Cornerback on The New England Patriots, and a far better one than Devin McCourty could ever hope to become.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Alphonse Dennard (originally 1st round projection out of Nebraska) became a projected 2nd rounder after his poor performance in the Capital One Bowl where he was ejected for punching another player. Then, after a violent police incident less than a week before the draft he became undraftable and we got him at a no risk price in the 7th round. 

Punching an officer is a serious crime no matter where it happens but I sense he has no criminal history, is now employed, will move out of state and the DA will want to make a deal. He will be pleaded down to misdemeanor assualt, pay a fine, get some community service and probation. However, a pertinent question is what is driving all this rage that he acts out right during the most important game in his life and just before the most important event in his life? This is very damaging, self-sabotaging behavior he is involved in and was enough to ward off all NFL teams except the Pats at the end of the draft. Clearly, he is going to need help to overcome these issues and hopefully he will accept that help. Furthermore, I hope he will learn that rage unchecked has serious consequences and will decide to have the courage to handle his feelings in a more humble way and act more unselfishly toward others. That is the deal that really counts. The question is not can he cover or come down and play in the box, rather can he handle frustrations well enough to stay on the field. 

Well, we all have our difficulties...and here's hoping we stay open to find the solutions.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Hopefully he will become a shut down corner in the league along with changing
    his attitude.  He might look good next to Dowling down the road.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

This is the year that McCourty decides whether he will be a safety or a corner.I believe he has the skill set to be a corner if he toughens up"

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Dennard 4 yr deal : Devin McCourty 2011 Regular Season Complete & Extended Stats <courtesy of ESPN.com & NFL.com /> 14 Games  87 Total Tackles  2 Interceptions for 38 Yards  0 Forced Fumbles  0 Fumble Recoveries  0 Sacks  13 Passes Defensed  5 Tackles for a Loss  1 Kick Return for 24 Yards ~~ Ras I Dowling 2011 Regular Season Complete & Extended Stats <courtesy of ESPN.com & NFL.com /> 2 Games  3 Total Tackles  0 Interceptions for 0 Yards  0 Forced Fumbles  0 Fumble Recoveries  0 Sacks  0 Passes Defensed  0 Tackles for a Loss  0 STs or Offensive Production ~~~~ Devin McCourty- playing injured 1/4 of the year, and without the lone NFL caliber Safety to back him for 1/2 of the year, and tasked with the #1 CB spot to defend the opposing team's #1 wideout more often than any single other NE Patriots CB, and part of a Secondary Scheme flip-flopping 1 week to the next, A feast or total famine pass rush game by game by a Front 7 sending more guys to rush the QB more often than in any preceding year under Belichick in distant memory- DID NOT have the same production as he did in His Rookie Campaign....His rookie year, when he wasn't just a pro-bowler, but an ALL-Pro too... Thus we can logically conclude: Ras I Dowling=Currently The Best Cornerback on The New England Patriots, and a far better one than Devin McCourty could ever hope to become.  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

hey laz, you are smart., did you see the games ras i played?
    he shut his receiver down. the few times they went in his direction, the receivers were covered. when they went mccourty's direction, they were wide open almost all the time. no stats because teams learned to stay away and go to the easy side. if i recall correctly, devin had the worse stats in the league for defending passes last year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Alphonse Dennard (originally 1st round projection out of Nebraska) became a projected 2nd rounder after his poor performance in the Capital One Bowl where he was ejected for punching another player. Then, after a violent police incident less than a week before the draft he became undraftable and we got him at a no risk price in the 7th round.  Punching an officer is a serious crime no matter where it happens but I sense he has no criminal history, is now employed, will move out of state and the DA will want to make a deal. He will be pleaded down to misdemeanor assualt, pay a fine, get some community service and probation. However, a pertinent question is what is driving all this rage that he acts out right during the most important game in his life and just before the most important event in his life? This is very damaging, self-sabotaging behavior he is involved in and was enough to ward off all NFL teams except the Pats at the end of the draft. Clearly, he is going to need help to overcome these issues and hopefully he will accept that help. Furthermore, I hope he will learn that rage unchecked has serious consequences and will decide to have the courage to handle his feelings in a more humble way and act more unselfishly toward others. That is the deal that really counts. The question is not can he cover or come down and play in the box, rather can he handle frustrations well enough to stay on the field.  Well, we all have our difficulties...and here's hoping we stay open to find the solutions.
    Posted by NYC

"He will be pleaded down to misdemeanor assault, " this is what ive been hoping. hasnt happened yet it appears.
    if you don't know the d.a., you dont know the answer.

i loved this

"Clearly, he is going to need help to overcome these issues and hopefully he will accept that help."

hopefully it is offered.

and loved this too!
    thanks for writing it!

"Furthermore, I hope he will learn that rage unchecked has serious consequences and will decide to have the courage to handle his feelings in a more humble way and act more unselfishly toward others."

peace

brd/bred  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In Response to Re: Dennard 4 yr deal : "He will be pleaded down to misdemeanor assualt, " this is what ive been hoping. hasnt happened yet it appears. if you dont knwo the d.a., you dothn knwo the answer. i loved this "Clearly, he is going to need help to overcome these issues and hopefully he will accept that help." hopefully it is offered. and loved this too! thanks for writing it!  "Furthermore, I hope he will learn that rage unchecked has serious consequences and will decide to have the courage to handle his feelings in a more humble way and act more unselfishly toward others." peace brd/bred   
    Posted by bredbru

Bredbru

Thanks!

It will be interesting to see how Jenoris Jenkins turns out in comparison with Alphonze Dennard. Both DB's from same draft class, both fell in the draft, both have major challenges to deal with. And both of us (and many others) will be following the careers of each to see how it all plays out. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

If Dennard can straighten out his personal life he could be one of the real steals of the draft. I really hope Ras I can have some better health. When he was healthy at UVA he was dominate.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Dennard 4 yr deal : Bredbru Thanks! It will be interesting to see how Jenoris Jenkins turns out in comparison with Alphonze Dennard. Both DB's from same draft class, both fell in the draft, both have major challenges to deal with. And both of us (and many others) will be following the careers of each to see how it all plays out. 
    Posted by NYC

excuse my typing dyslexia.

and i meant if "one" doesnt know the d.a., "one" cant know the outcome.
    agreed. will be interesting to see how bnb's choices play out. 

as i have said many times. there are many ways to get to the final destination.
    id have preferred teh lock down corner (jenkins) and uncoverable receiver (jefferies) after round 1. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

This bounced around the other day Cam

Sections
Shortcuts