Dennard arrested on suspicion of dui.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Dennard arrested on suspicion of dui.....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/11/patriots-alfonzo-dennard-arrested-on-suspicion-of-dui/

Hardly what we need right now...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Dennard arrested on suspicion of dui.....

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/11/patriots-alfonzo-dennard-arrested-on-suspicion-of-dui/

Hardly what we need right now...

Indeed.  Thought the same thing when I heard it.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

This is a joke, right? I mean this is the same guy that half the board thought was innocent when he punched a cop in the face drunk. This is the same guy who is going to jail next year and he gets nailed for drunk driving? This guy plays on a team that gave him a golden oppurtunity and he does this? Has the guy watched the news? Does he not know that this team already has a tiny bit of bad press and a very short leash for player stupidity right now? If this happened in Nebraska you can bet the cops are on the lookout for this, "he's a nice kid, he only got in trouble once, it wasn't his fault, kid". 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I think the Dennard.experiment should come to an end immediately. This guy is a dope of epic proportions. If true then he is screwed. Cut your loses Bob and move on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

This is all media driven!  But look at the bright side, you've just signed honorable citizen Talib to a nice extension. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Kraft will cut him!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Getting arrested while on probation is a charge all by itself, and could send this idiot to jail, and probably will. Being the wonderful timing of this incident, I will be shocked if he isn't let go by Kraft within 24 hours or sooner. I honestly don't see where Kraft has a choice here.

I guess when it rains it pours. More wasted talent down the drain.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

This is all media driven!  But look at the bright side, you've just signed honorable citizen Talib to a nice extension. 

What extension? He only got a 1 year deal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

Getting arrested while on probation is a charge all by itself, and could send this idiot to jail, and probably will. Being the wonderful timing of this incident, I will be shocked if he isn't let go by Kraft within 24 hours or sooner. I honestly don't see where Kraft has a choice here.

I guess when it rains it pours. More wasted talent down the drain.....

Agree cut this moron, get rid of all scum..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

This kid isn't bright in the least. Punching an undercover cop once completely stupid but at his age forgivable, but now a dui in less than 15months since the other incident? I know the kid is young but really? You go out and get a dui after being convicted of punching a cop right after Hernandez gets arrested and released? Not bright at all. Now I think he deserves to get a 4 games suspension easily and I'm on the edge of just saying drop the kid. But, there is a huge difference between stupidity of a young kid and being criminally psychotic. The question now is, what in his past will tip the balance from just young stupidity to a pattern of behavior? Unfortunately as fans we don't have access to that info, much like we didn't have with Hernandez until he was arrested. Personally I wouldn't be upset if Dennard was released or just suspended by the team for 4 games depending on what they know about the kid.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

[QUOTE]

What extension? He only got a 1 year deal.

[/QUOTE]
    cross your fingers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I cannot believe this guy.  It's not murder, but how stupid can you be to get b anged up with a DUI while on probation?  I think he will be made an example of by the Pats.  Bad timing for him, and they are probably pretty sensitive right now about getting their house in order.  He already got his second chance.

What will be sickening though is the onslaught of articles and trolling by the holier-than-thou  types who will want to portray Foxboro as Sodom and  Gomorrah.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"on suspicion of..."

So PC.  From what I understand, he was on the median and refused the breathalyzer.

I don't know any sober drivers who would turn down the test.

"Alfonzo is a guy we spent a lot of time on," Belichick told The Associated Press. "Obviously, the incident affected his draft position, but we researched it, we found out as much as we could about it."

Dennard struggled in one-on-one coverage at the Senior Bowl, but he was viewed as a smart, tough safety who could excel in a zone scheme. He surely would have been drafted Friday if not for the arrest.

"He's strong, he's a physical player," Belichick said. "Obviously, as an organization, we were comfortable with making the selection where we did."

---

This guy needs to go.  Maybe Belichick should stop drafting losers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

What will be sickening though is the onslaught of articles and trolling by the holier-than-thou  types who will want to portray Foxboro as Sodom and  Gomorrah.  

Or the onslaught of trolls like UD6 has proven already, by coming here just to be a d!ck.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

This kid isn't bright in the least. Punching an undercover cop once completely stupid but at his age forgivable, but now a dui in less than 15months since the other incident? I know the kid is young but really? You go out and get a dui after being convicted of punching a cop right after Hernandez gets arrested and released? Not bright at all. Now I think he deserves to get a 4 games suspension easily and I'm on the edge of just saying drop the kid. But, there is a huge difference between stupidity of a young kid and being criminally psychotic. The question now is, what in his past will tip the balance from just young stupidity to a pattern of behavior? Unfortunately as fans we don't have access to that info, much like we didn't have with Hernandez until he was arrested. Personally I wouldn't be upset if Dennard was released or just suspended by the team for 4 games depending on what they know about the kid.

They know that before they drafted him that he punched a cop.  Now maybe as a first offense they thoght he would be treated leniently.  They now know he's got a second offense in less than 2 years that he is facing. 

Money and celebrity has the ability to change people.  What he may have been before, he no longer is.  I assume that if the kid is talented enough, they will not cut him, because if they do, some other team will pick him up, just as the pats acquired the talented but troubled Talib. 

This is nothing new in the NFL, but we can now dispense with the Patriot Way stuff.  Its over. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

They know that before they drafted him that he punched a cop.  Now maybe as a first offense they thoght he would be treated leniently.  They now know he's got a second offense in less than 2 years that he is facing. 

Money and celebrity has the ability to change people.  What he may have been before, he no longer is.  I assume that if the kid is talented enough, they will not cut him, because if they do, some other team will pick him up, just as the pats acquired the talented but troubled Talib. 

This is nothing new in the NFL, but we can now dispense with the Patriot Way stuff.  Its over. 

[/QUOTE]

Sure, can you admit the Colts intentionally tanked a season to get Luck?

Of course they knew he punched a cop before the draft. Why do you think a round 2 talent fell to the 7th round? The question is whether it was an isolated incident or not, which is something we as fans don't know. Maybe it's where I grew up but kids do stupid things and punching a undercover cop once when you're drunk and there is mass confusion because of the atmosphere of a fight outside is stupid yes but it's not the same as someone walking up to a cop car and pounding a cop repeatedly. Point being stupid yes but something you can chalk up to young stupidity. Getting a DUI same thing. Another completely stupid move by far and away but can be young stupidity. However, a pattern is starting to form. If there were other incidents we as fans don't know about before these incidents then to me that's a strong enough indication it's more than young stupidity and the kid just won't get it, they should cut him. But, if these are isolated incidents by themselves than far worse acts have been done by players around the league. If not for timing, this would be something you bring the kid in, sit him down, suspend him, and hope it doesn't happen again. All I'm saying is if it's a pattern then the kid needs to go otherwise suspend him and hope it gets through his thick skull

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In light of just what happened to Hernandez, even though you can't put a DUI on the same magnitude as 1st degree murder. Still a DUI is dangerous enough because you're putting the risk of someone else's life or lives. I don't believe Kraft will be so lenient. Yes he's a talent but what good is it when you're facing upcoming court battles. He still violated probation which is a crime in itself. Kraft may have to cut losses, only a 7th round pick. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Wow....This is not good at all. Looks like we will be see more of Arringtons backside this year as he gets burned outside. OR maybe the logan kid can make some noise. I think its time for a lot of posters here to stop guzzling the kool aid. Its a football team. You dont OWE them Blind allegiance. When this guy was drafted, I would say more than half the people here were excusing the charges as premature or bogus or just regular college behavior and we should wait and see. In an offseason full of BS, he does this just 2 weeks before camp starts!??!   Lets cut him now before he does something really stupid. Like I said yesterday, you dont HAVE to get questionable players to be successfull. There are plenty of good NFL players that keep their nose clean, but folks here would have you believe you NEED them to win., funny we havent won CHIT since we started employing dirtbags. The Dynasty years had a TEAM full of hungry, humble players who were ALL about football and winning. Nothing else. Now we see why BB took the whole rutgers team. They are supposed to be all business type football program with no bad apples. Lets see whats next. ...     smh

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

He's going to jail for this so cutting him is not really an issue.  What a dumbass!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I bet this guy will be gone before the weekend and some team will pick him up and get a decent player (kind of like buying low...good value, you know what we used to do). The kid is a good player and quite honestly one of the few people that we have drafted over the last ten years that can actually cover an NFL receiver. No more of this crap, time to go...Talib and Spikes will be next. In all honesty the guy I'm most worried about is Talib, I mean this guy punched a taxi driver, hit a former player with his helmet and shot at his sister's boyfriend...plus he actually looks and sounds like a thug...I mean all the ingrediants are right there.

Truly an amazing off season. At least we won't have to wait three weeks into training camp to hear a guy like Fenene is a headcase who we shouldn't of signed and there goes our big ticket D lineman off to the mental ward.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Another thing, why did this guy refuse a test which is an admission of guilt? Refusing can get him a year but if he took it and failed, 6 months. If you gonna do dirt, you gotta know the laws. This kid aint that bright. The big question ,is he really a good kid who did a bad thing, or just a bad kid being himself. Thats the question with most these kids coming in with baggage.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

He's gone.  It's only a question of when.   Sad.  Young and dumb.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Just what we needed.  Atta boy Dennard.

Meanwhile, UD comes over to make up for his own insecurities by kicking the pats fanbase while we are down.  Stay classy, buddy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

What a great offseason this is turning out to be...

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

Sections
Shortcuts