Dennard arrested on suspicion of dui.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Dennard arrested on suspicion of dui.....

In response to tanbass' comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

I think people are over sensitive here because of Hernendez. DUI happen to all sorts of people, it is more of a question of judgement than character. I don't think Tony LaRussa is a bad apple and he got one in ST one year. I would be kind of surprised if they cut him at this point.

But this isn't just an average DUI. He was on probation. Normally, I would agree that one DUI is not reason to cut a player. But this dummy just got his 2nd chance by only getting 30 days + probation after punching a cop. Probation is used (instead) of jail. It's a time to wake up and fly straight. He chose to get behind the wheel under whatever condition he was in, and take a chance. Now he will pay a much steeper price than 30 days in jail & probation. I'd say that's more than enough to cut ties with this brainless

That is really not fair. The cop incident happened before the Patriots drafted him. You really should treat this as what it a first time DUI. DUI are not good, they are very bad, but it is hardly a cutable offense. I am sure you know people in your life that have recieved DUI's, are they all brianless?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

That is really not fair. The cop incident happened before the Patriots drafted him. You really should treat this as what it a first time DUI. DUI are not good, they are very bad, but it is hardly a cutable offense. I am sure you know people in your life that have recieved DUI's, are they all brianless?

It's really more of a pattern of behavior than anything else. If he had multiple incidents in college that we aren't aware of than it's no longer a first time offense and becomes a cutable one. If the cop was the first time he's been in trouble and this is the second time he has then you might suspend him to get your point across but I agree if the latter is the case it's not a cutable offense for being young and an idiot

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Hope Dowling can stay healthy.

Living well is the best revenge.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

The NCAA has got to get a hold of this problem which clearly is rooted by entitled Millennials at the college level.

The NCAA, the agents, the process of soliciting the players, etc, is something the NFL and NCAA must work together on in the future, or this kind of stuff will keep happening.

All of this is with YOUNGER players, if you notice. Positive PED tests, violence off the field, DUIs, etc, all younger players in the league. Not a coincidence.  It goes more than just "or, they're immature", too. 

Entitlement. 

Hey Loser. Why do you keep trying to deflect from the patriots issues and focus on COLLEGE Issues???  You look desperate as usual. Why do you feel the need to always defend them?  So what if the NCAA has problems. Are you gonna blame THEM for what happened? BB had all the knowledge he needed and CHOSE to draft this player knowing why he dropped. Now you wanna take the heat off him by ONCE AGAIN brining up questionable behavior from NCAA?! We know already. It doesnt excuse anything in the NFL. Thats like saying  Stop n Shop has some rotten apples and blaming them for the moron who chose to BUY the rotten ones for cheap instead of buying fresh. Just STOP IT!

Well, let's focus on NFL issues.  Two Denver Broncos adults, in player personnel, just got arrested for DUI within a month.

The first arrest was covered up by the Broncos and the media.  Let's talk about that.

LMAO

You'll never win this argument. The Pats get accosted in media coverage because they use the anti-BB slant.

As for taking a flyer on a 7th rd pick with a rookie cap, I have no issues with BB putting the onus on the player. In fact, I love it, because it sometimes works. Cutting him will not cost NE a dime and it's also not the responsibility of BB.

These are adults we're talking about here.

This is why people call you a nutjob. 1, you are still deflecting from the Patriots. 2nd, Im not arguing and I would never seek to win one against you because you would NEVER admit defeat. Thats a lost cause. Get over yourself. I would never argue with you.

You asked for an NFL example. I gave you one.  We see a rash of non Pats related threads here all the time, but whenever it's negative about another team, you claim someone is "deflecting".

You live in this pathetic little inner city Boston bubble and are so small minded, it's embarrassing.

You;re no different than Dennard at this point. Think about that. Drug dealer, GED (at least he has a college degree!) and you're on here trying to pretend you're above everyone at the same time?

LOL!

I didnt ask for anything you crazed stalker. Go back on this thread and show where I asked you to provide an NFL example. Do you really think im naive enough to not know other teams have plenty of DUI issues. I am a pats fan. Thats what I focus on. More likely you got me confused with someone else you were going back and forth with. Try to keep up mr. 152. Anyway, nothing good ever comes from us engaging here so back to ignore you go. Your annoyance has once again outweighed your contributions to the board. Bu bye

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/11/pats-mum-on-dennard-for-now/

They are saying the Pats will make a statement today. I would not be surprised at all whether he gets cut or not. I think it's 50/50.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

Yeah i dont think Dennard gets cut over this. Just suspended.

I wonder if it will come from Goddell anyhow. If he does get something for violating his probation then the league offices might have something to say about it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

The NCAA has got to get a hold of this problem which clearly is rooted by entitled Millennials at the college level.

The NCAA, the agents, the process of soliciting the players, etc, is something the NFL and NCAA must work together on in the future, or this kind of stuff will keep happening.

All of this is with YOUNGER players, if you notice. Positive PED tests, violence off the field, DUIs, etc, all younger players in the league. Not a coincidence.  It goes more than just "or, they're immature", too. 

Entitlement. 

Hey Loser. Why do you keep trying to deflect from the patriots issues and focus on COLLEGE Issues???  You look desperate as usual. Why do you feel the need to always defend them?  So what if the NCAA has problems. Are you gonna blame THEM for what happened? BB had all the knowledge he needed and CHOSE to draft this player knowing why he dropped. Now you wanna take the heat off him by ONCE AGAIN brining up questionable behavior from NCAA?! We know already. It doesnt excuse anything in the NFL. Thats like saying  Stop n Shop has some rotten apples and blaming them for the moron who chose to BUY the rotten ones for cheap instead of buying fresh. Just STOP IT!

Well, let's focus on NFL issues.  Two Denver Broncos adults, in player personnel, just got arrested for DUI within a month.

The first arrest was covered up by the Broncos and the media.  Let's talk about that.

LMAO

You'll never win this argument. The Pats get accosted in media coverage because they use the anti-BB slant.

As for taking a flyer on a 7th rd pick with a rookie cap, I have no issues with BB putting the onus on the player. In fact, I love it, because it sometimes works. Cutting him will not cost NE a dime and it's also not the responsibility of BB.

These are adults we're talking about here.

This is why people call you a nutjob. 1, you are still deflecting from the Patriots. 2nd, Im not arguing and I would never seek to win one against you because you would NEVER admit defeat. Thats a lost cause. Get over yourself. I would never argue with you.

You asked for an NFL example. I gave you one.  We see a rash of non Pats related threads here all the time, but whenever it's negative about another team, you claim someone is "deflecting".

You live in this pathetic little inner city Boston bubble and are so small minded, it's embarrassing.

You;re no different than Dennard at this point. Think about that. Drug dealer, GED (at least he has a college degree!) and you're on here trying to pretend you're above everyone at the same time?

LOL!

Keep lying Corky. This is why you are going back on ignore, you sick stalker. Stop trying to assasinate my character. Most people dont care about others personal lives and if you knew me it would be different,. No one is taking you serious or cares what kind of insults you hurl at me. It only sais something about you so keep it up. By time the season starts,everyone will have you on ignore....lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

dennard made the right choice not taking the breathalizer.  my lawyer who is also a liscensed physcian says that one should never take the breathalizer if you know you are above the legal limit.  that way there is no confirmation of the crime and one can plead personal bias by the officer or officer incompetence and that the test as a whole is faulty.  He says that 60% of the time you will get off.  Dennard  will be fine,  he will remain on the team and until he is charged this is not an issue.  I think BB will be disappointed in him since he was a character witness for dennard at his last trial.  I do believe that he will be on the team for the entire season though.

with enough thrust, pigs fly just fine!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

speak for yourself wozzy. Some of us are responsible people. Amazing how drunk driving is still a joke and how many multiple offenders there are. Some get to 5 or 6 offenses and no license taken. Im  glad you are aligned with that line of thinking. Back in the day they took my license for having a joint, wasnt even in a car, yet you can continously drive around drunk and not lose your license???  smh

You either have serious reading comprehension problem or you get so worked up going back and forth with Rusty that you think everybody should be on the receiving end of your tongue lashings.  

I for one have never had a DUI, nor have I ever been arrested for anything in my life.  But here in the real world there is a court of law that determines punishment, so until they anoint you emperor of the world I suggest you climb down off that soap box you're standing on as you sit in judgement over everyone here.  

I didn't condone drunk driving in my post, feel free to point out where I said it was a joke.  I simply said don't throw Dennard out because of Hernandez, or deny him the right to work for something that we give others a slap on the wrist for.  He'll be taking a huge hit in his wallet and likely will be doing time.

Also why don't you edit the post you're replying to so it doesn't wind up being a page long chore for us to find what you actually have to say... I mean since you're so overly critical, you must be able to handle some criticism right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Denver suspends their 2 guys 8 games

Dennerd gets 4 games

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Gammy is getting upset!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

In response to natesubs' comment:

dennard made the right choice not taking the breathalizer.  my lawyer who is also a liscensed physcian says that one should never take the breathalizer if you know you are above the legal limit.  that way there is no confirmation of the crime and one can plead personal bias by the officer or officer incompetence and that the test as a whole is faulty.  He says that 60% of the time you will get off.  Dennard  will be fine,  he will remain on the team and until he is charged this is not an issue.  I think BB will be disappointed in him since he was a character witness for dennard at his last trial.  I do believe that he will be on the team for the entire season though.

with enough thrust, pigs fly just fine!

Unless they dupe you into thinking you're a health risk and then you get blood drawn. If that did not happen, then you'd be correct.

If it did, and he's over, it will be presented in court for a DUI.

Either way, the decision making is just completely stupid.  Another Millennial making another entitled decision to think being out at a bar 3 weeks before camp, while on probation, is a smart thing.

Just get a ride!  How hard is this? You're an NFL player!  Have some Nebraska senior drive you to and from for crying out loud.

Absolutely...

I'm turning 30 and for good portion of my 20's i had ample nights of being hammered and taking a cab. Maybe it's just me but I really can't understand how anyone could want to drive after drinking, let alone a guy that has seemingly everything to lose.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Not familiar with protocols. If one failed a breathalyzer, would blood then be drawn to determine blood alcohol level, and lead to the possibility of other illegal substances showing up?

Dennard's arrest once again confirms nothing good happens in public after midnight. He will face further penalty for violating terms of his probation. Off season from hell continues, the Pats have to assign a sitter to Dowling now.

Living well is the best revenge.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to MelWitt's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

the players have to be held accountable no doubt..but so does the team. there is a level of tolerence with the team that needs to be ratcheted down sending a clear message to the players that if they want to play here, they will not break the law. that message MUST come from BB and Kraft, and so far, they have not clearly sent that message, nor defined the parameters of that message.

Kraft and BB need to be clear...DUI, crimes against women and children, crimes against animals, any crime involving a weapon, drugs=good bye.

The NFL and NFLPA need to also be on board so that teams do not lose a ton of money when walking away from these players...both the NFL and NFLPA are working on these issue now, and it is top priority...

I agree, but it must also extend throughout organizations as well...like the sainted bronco's,  who the perennially front running ESPN loves right now, with TWO people high up in their administration being busted for DUI's within 7 days of each other...so are you suggesting that Elway fire both bags of scum?! I mean, it appears to me that Denver is sending an even worse message than the Pats...players are disposable but knuckleheaded front office people are sacrosanct...double standard, NO?

lets see what "severe" really is;

Broncos president Joe Ellis told the Denver Post on Tuesday that the two recent incidents have humiliated the team.

"It's embarrassing for us as a franchise, it's embarrassing for Mr. [Pat] Bowlen, it's especially embarrassing for our fans. We don't tolerate it and we're not going to," Ellis told the Post. "My expectation is the discipline will be severe."

Right, but look at the coverage of it. Is this all over ESPN and NFLN on a 24 hour loop?  You can bet if BB and Caserio got DUIs within in a month of one another, with BB crashing into a cop car, ESPN, CNN, NFLN, etc, would fly into Foxboro and you'd be prancing around Gillette demanding statements and PPV events for an apology from Kraft.

1. Denver's media, the police, the Broncos COVERED UP/didn't acknowledge in ANY WAY the first DUI. It took the second one for them to be forced to give a statement, which is completely hypocritical.

2. You're a fraud.

you do realize ESPN has a Boston office with 3 full time football reporters, right?

I would also say that BB is a bit more high profile than Heckert.

I would also say that the AH situation has a DIRECT bearing on covering all things Pats right now...Dennerd could not have happened at a worse time for the Pats.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

What the h3ll is with these guys!!??? These idiots are grown men! Do they not know right from wrong! 

Everybody's sick of hearing about this sh!t!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

[/QUOTE]

They did that to avoid Goodell doing it.  Doesn't matter.  Those guys are front office personnel, so it will have no affect on the play on the field.

They could suspend them "16 games" and watching at home on tv doesn't mean anything.  8 weeks salary isn't a good thing for someone but calling that "severe" and acting like it is, is an utter joke and so phony from Denver.

Maybe Pat Bowlen can dust off his mink coat for Week 9 when he welcomes back his two front office guys to Mile High.

Ugh. Hate Denver. Always have. God awful ugly unis, arrogant and overrated (beyond belief) John Elway and their cap book cooking of 1997 and 1998, which directly led to an odd field advtange in the cap era for 32 regular seasons games total and two SBs.

Yet, the media never told us about that, huh?

[/QUOTE]

Please explain this advtange for 32 reg season games.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The truth, and nothing but the truth = If so many prime draft picks weren't blown over the years we wouldn't have to be grabbing these "bargain basement bad boys" to fill all the holes left by the poor decisions.

photo BBandtheRat_zpsc338a3a1.gif

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

speak for yourself wozzy. Some of us are responsible people. Amazing how drunk driving is still a joke and how many multiple offenders there are. Some get to 5 or 6 offenses and no license taken. Im  glad you are aligned with that line of thinking. Back in the day they took my license for having a joint, wasnt even in a car, yet you can continously drive around drunk and not lose your license???  smh

You either have serious reading comprehension problem or you get so worked up going back and forth with Rusty that you think everybody should be on the receiving end of your tongue lashings.  

I for one have never had a DUI, nor have I ever been arrested for anything in my life.  But here in the real world there is a court of law that determines punishment, so until they anoint you emperor of the world I suggest you climb down off that soap box you're standing on as you sit in judgement over everyone here.  

I didn't condone drunk driving in my post, feel free to point out where I said it was a joke.  I simply said don't throw Dennard out because of Hernandez, or deny him the right to work for something that we give others a slap on the wrist for.  He'll be taking a huge hit in his wallet and likely will be doing time.

Also why don't you edit the post you're replying to so it doesn't wind up being a page long chore for us to find what you actually have to say... I mean since you're so overly critical, you must be able to handle some criticism right?

Im on my soapbox because I said I dont drink and drive? I didnt say YOU said it was a joke. I said IT was a joke. The system and the punishment. So unless you make laws I dont see why are you offended. I never said you got a DUI. My response was to you saying regular peoople like us and your tone came off to me as being acceptable and just something everyone does. If I mistunderstood, my bad but dont try to turn my post into "I was on my soapbox" or better than anyone else.  The same way you just said "ive never been arrested" could be construed as YOU being on your soapbox too, no? So lets just move on. All I was saying is I dont get drunk and drive and dont lump me into that group. If that makes me "holier than thou" than whatever. People take stuff out of context daily here. I got an idiot now trying to tell people I sell drugs to little kids and you think YOU got problems...lol. Matta fact, Im officially done here for a while. NOthing good comes from visiting here and its best I leave before I offend anyone else.   Yeeeesh

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

What a boring offseason

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

What ever the legal punishment and Pats ramifications, it's highly unlikely that Dennard will be on the field when we start the season.  The loss of Hernandez and Dennard, two key pieces of a once super bowl contender, will result in a less successful season this year.  That is my only concern.  

One thing is certain...we won't be drafting any more talented players with character issues in the foreseeable future.   The impact on the entire organization, to plan for and field a competitive TEAM is destroyed by these fools.  

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Entitlement. 

Why does Belichick keep drafting, signing or trading for such terrible people?

Haynesworth, Dennard, Hernandez, Talib...the legacy continues.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

I keep hitting the refresh button on the sports page to see when the Patriots cut him.

They almost have to do it now in light of AH. 

Idiot Dennard. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Umm, no.

Has ESPN, NFLN flown in to Denver to "report" TWO DUIs by EACH of their front office people?

There's a difference between reporting and sensationalizing to perpetuate a story to further profit off it.

ESPN, in particular, leads the charge on sensationalizing when it comes to the Pats.  They're very clever, and arrogant.  They act like they don't do it, but they do.

How can a front office person in Denver, crash into a cop car while hammered and it never get reported for a month, where it takes their second front office guy, Heckert, to get DUI before we learn of the first one?

Do you realize this is the equivalent of BB and Caserio getting DUIs within a month's timeframe of one another?

Do you really think the media would ignore that or cover it up here?  That's a joke premise, RushThePillPopper.

You should take a cue from Limbaugh as a walking contradiction.

No, its not even close to the equivalent of BB getting a DUI. You think that if it was John Fox they still wouldn't report it? A head coach/player is a little more newsworthy than some executive nobody has ever heard of. Why are you so obsessed with the Broncos now? They don't have anything to do with these stupid punks making the Patriots a news story.

Sections
Shortcuts