Dennard arrested on suspicion of dui.....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Dennard arrested on suspicion of dui.....

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

The truth, and nothing but the truth = If so many prime draft picks weren't blown over the years we wouldn't have to be grabbing these "bargain basement bad boys" to fill all the holes left by the poor decisions.

photo BBandtheRat_zpsc338a3a1.gif

Not one team in this league has had better draft yields since 2010 than this one. Nothing is "blown" whatsoever.

The only thing blown right now is your Brady blow up doll.

Since 2010?????

Hernandez - Need I say more?

T. Price - Bust.

Spikes - Meh.

Cunningham - Don't play.

Gronk - Great player but an injury nightmare.

McCourty - Fail at CB, wait and see at S.

Mallet - Has shown nothing.

Ridley - Fumbles in playoffs.

Vereen - Can't get on the field.

Dowling - Can't get on the field.

Solder - Solid lineman, no pro-bowls.

Bequette - Who?

Wilson - Meh.

Hightower - Maybe.

Jones - Another maybe.

That's the best drafting in the NFL over those years dumbkoff? You had better stop huffing and puffing on your BB doll, it's causing you brain damage.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The NCAA has got to get a hold of this problem which clearly is rooted by entitled Millennials at the college level.

The NCAA, the agents, the process of soliciting the players, etc, is something the NFL and NCAA must work together on in the future, or this kind of stuff will keep happening.

All of this is with YOUNGER players, if you notice. Positive PED tests, violence off the field, DUIs, etc, all younger players in the league. Not a coincidence.  It goes more than just "or, they're immature", too. 

Entitlement. 

Why does Belichick keep drafting, signing or trading for such terrible people?

Haynesworth, Dennard, Hernandez, Talib...the legacy continues.

Because he keeps blowing draft picks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Seems to me that there should be MUCH more accountability with these college players who are getting sports scholarships. This isn't 1963 anymore where you have 'Bama players like Namath having a few beers in a dorm room. Things have changed. Colleges seem to have dropped the ball with regards to MENTORING! These kids coming into big time college programs see the Prize. They want the bling. They start to get it in college. Unfortunately, it appears most of these colleges look the other way as long as wins keep coming. These kids take that into the NFL and it's become a cancer. It's not some Patriot's-only problem. There will be more I'm sure. 

They seem to get a free pass and are allowed to "sow their oats" in college but, IMO, the discipline needs to start there. You want a college education (sports scholarship no less)? You want to play in the NFL? 

Screw up once. ONCE and you're gone. Off the team. 

How about that for starters. 

If I were Goodell, I'd be getting a program together for colleges to participate in. If we don't nip this in the bud, the NFL is going down the tubes. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In most states use DUI and DWI.

Some people may think this is an apple to oranges thing but legally it's not.

I don't know what the Nebaska law is but DUI means Driving Under the Influence.  That mean a person is suspected of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol and that their ability to drive is impaired.   This dosen't mean you are past the legal limit.

DWI is Driving While Intoxicated this means you are past the legal limit.  So I take it that this means that you have been tested either by blowing, blood or both.

The DUI I think is more of a judgement call by the cop especially if the accused refused to be tested therefore there is no proof that he was past the legal limit.

Again, don't know what Nebraska law is but in most states DUI is a lesser offense than DWI.   

Just saying, not making any judgement.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The NCAA has got to get a hold of this problem which clearly is rooted by entitled Millennials at the college level.

The NCAA, the agents, the process of soliciting the players, etc, is something the NFL and NCAA must work together on in the future, or this kind of stuff will keep happening.

All of this is with YOUNGER players, if you notice. Positive PED tests, violence off the field, DUIs, etc, all younger players in the league. Not a coincidence.  It goes more than just "or, they're immature", too. 

Entitlement. 

Why does Belichick keep drafting, signing or trading for such terrible people?

Haynesworth, Dennard, Hernandez, Talib...the legacy continues.

Not commenting to you NaS but saw you quoted Rusty (have him on ignore) and I honestly can't believe he said that. God knows any athlete born before the 80's never got in trouble (90's Cowboys *caugh*, early 90's Patriots cociane team *caugh*). But you know no player born prior to the 80's committed murder or tried to and failed (*caugh* OJ, Ray Lewis, Robert Rozier, Ugueth Urbina *caugh*), drug trafficing (*cough* Mercury Morris, Ryan Leaf, Travis Henry *cough*), committed assault (Mike Tyson) or was ever arrested for dui (*cough* every dallas football player pre-95). Yep, just us entitled millennials. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

A possible DUI means you're a "terrible person"?  Please. I would not recommend risking driving if you've been drinking, but it hardly makes you a "terrible person".

No, but that's not his only civil error, is it?  You're pathetic.

Belichick needs to go back to Drafting School.  He's a joke right now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Another thing to add to my above post.

You can get pulled over at night for either driving erratically because you were playing with your phone or radio or you just may have a tail light out.

The first thing the cop may ask you is if you had anything to drink.  You may have had only two beers and are not even close to being legally drunk but you could get  charged with a DUI.  The cop can make the call that you were too impaired to drive depending on what kind of d**k he wanted to be.

As a driver there are different ways of dealing with this legally.

You can refuse to take their sobriety tests or you can refuse to answer any of his questions except provide your license and proof of insurance.  

I don't know what the consequences are for either or both depending on what state you are in but either way it will cost you because you will need a lawyer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The very fact BB has opted more and more for these "risky" guys is further proof that his drafting has been suspect. Because if the drafting was good he wouldn't have to take all these risks to try and compensate.

As the inherited players got old and he could not replace them, he groped for answers with guys having a bad rep. Plain as day.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It's worst the 10-$15 extra.

Aren't you the tool that always slams people's grammar/spelling? LMAO@U

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

Another thing to add to my above post.

You can get pulled over at night for either driving erratically because you were playing with your phone or radio or you just may have a tail light out.

The first thing the cop may ask you is if you had anything to drink.  You may have had only two beers and are not even close to being legally drunk but you could get  charged with a DUI.  The cop can make the call that you were too impaired to drive depending on what kind of d**k he wanted to be.

As a driver there are different ways of dealing with this legally.

You can refuse to take their sobriety tests or you can refuse to answer any of his questions except provide your license and proof of insurance.  

I don't know what the consequences are for either or both depending on what state you are in but either way it will cost you because you will need a lawyer.

Some states are strapping you down and taking blood these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8zYrLJGjM4

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The very fact BB has opted more and more for these "risky" guys is further proof that his drafting has been suspect. Because if the drafting was good he wouldn't have to take all these risks to try and compensate.

As the inherited players got old and he could not replace them, he groped for answers with guys having a bad rep. Plain as day.

False. When he took on Dillon on or Moss, was it "proof" then?  The approach is sound and I applaud the fact he's willing to turn over every single rock and do the low risk/high reward propositon.

Absolutely.

If Clock Killin Dillon isn't on our 2004 club, I am not sure we win SB 39 by a mere 3 points and Philly driving, late.

You're a phony, Babe, as we know. You're just like the rest of them. Your mental illness is so bad, you can't even see it.

Dillon and Moss were the start of it, yes. And the gambles have gotten worse and worse as the team around Brady has gotten more and more mediocre due to poor drafting choices.

If a mental illness vote were taken here, you would win hands down nutjob. Same goes for a phony vote.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This offseason has been a total fail!

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I just read that refusing a breath test for a controlled substance is a violation of Dennard's probation.  He has to submit to any search for a controlled substance but alcohol was crossed out on the finding.

I'm not sure if refusing the breath test or blood test is a probation violation because it was for alcohol. (Assumed)

He could be in trouble even if he skates on the DUI for refusing the tests

Oh, I read this on a Nebraska newspaper website.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In response to natesubs' comment:

dennard made the right choice not taking the breathalizer.  my lawyer who is also a liscensed physcian says that one should never take the breathalizer if you know you are above the legal limit.  that way there is no confirmation of the crime and one can plead personal bias by the officer or officer incompetence and that the test as a whole is faulty.  He says that 60% of the time you will get off.  Dennard  will be fine,  he will remain on the team and until he is charged this is not an issue.  I think BB will be disappointed in him since he was a character witness for dennard at his last trial.  I do believe that he will be on the team for the entire season though.

with enough thrust, pigs fly just fine!

Unless they dupe you into thinking you're a health risk and then you get blood drawn. If that did not happen, then you'd be correct.

If it did, and he's over, it will be presented in court for a DUI.

Either way, the decision making is just completely stupid.  Another Millennial making another entitled decision to think being out at a bar 3 weeks before camp, while on probation, is a smart thing.

Just get a ride!  How hard is this? You're an NFL player!  Have some Nebraska senior drive you to and from for crying out loud.

I believe you have the right to have your lawyer present before blood will be drawn, plus if your lawyer wants to stop them he just has to say that the police have not confirmed if my client has or doesn't have hemophilia and therefore without proper medical staff present and performing the procedure it has the possibility to severely harm my client's health and wellbeing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

This is all media driven!  But look at the bright side, you've just signed honorable citizen Talib to a nice extension. 

"I know that I occassionally play devil's advocate, and I may have some "feelings", especially after this incident, about the "patriot way".

But as fans - you didn't deserve this.  The team, frankly, didn't deserve this.  Regardless of Belichick's penchant for seeking "value" in talented players with less than stellar character, he didn't deserve this.  Bob Kraft didn't deserve this. 

I am not looking to gain any different treatment of y'all from these comments.  Treat me no differently.  I just wanted you to know that from an outsider, looking in, this is some bs that you didn't deserve."

Well that didn't take too long for you to revert back to your regular annoying self. Stay classy UD. Rivalry is over, you can go home now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

If we win SB 42 with Moss or SB 46 with a sketchy player like Ochocinco, you're not even forming your premise you are now. I won't take it a step further and articulate why our QB and our offense FAILED US so badly in those games. lol

Amazing.....5 pages of posts about Dennard & his arrest.....but yet somehow, some way, you slip the "blame Brady & the Offense" into the thread.

Is there EVER going to be a thread on the forum that you don't mention this? Seriously?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

[QUOTE]

I just read that refusing a breath test for a controlled substance is a violation of Dennard's probation.  He has to submit to any search for a controlled substance but alcohol was crossed out on the finding.

I'm not sure if refusing the breath test or blood test is a probation violation because it was for alcohol. (Assumed)

He could be in trouble even if he skates on the DUI for refusing the tests

Alcohol is a controlled substance?

[/QUOTE

No. That's why I make the distinction in my post. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

False. When he took on Dillon on or Moss, was it "proof" then?  The approach is sound and I applaud the fact he's willing to turn over every single rock and do the low risk/high reward propositon.

Absolutely.

If Clock Killin Dillon isn't on our 2004 club, I am not sure we win SB 39 by a mere 3 points and Philly driving, late.

You're a phony, Babe, as we know. You're just like the rest of them. Your mental illness is so bad, you can't even see it.

Dillon and Moss were the start of it, yes. And the gambles have gotten worse and worse as the team around Brady has gotten more and more mediocre due to poor drafting choices.

If a mental illness vote were taken here, you would win hands down nutjob. Same goes for a phony vote.

They haven't gotten worse at all. Ben Coates and Ted Johnson had domestics back in the day.

The HErnandez thing is clearly the worst but the Pats had no way of seeing something so unbelievable.

And, I am not going to knee jerk my reaction like an year old moron kid on this either. 

I've said it repeatedly. The media buries non Pats incidents, and then over-sell the Pats incidents, regardless of what it is because they hate BB. Spygate, a DUI, anything, it's all sensationalized.

It's why these two Denver clowns, you know with clear DUIs, weren't even reported, until the second guy got clipped. That proves the media isn't the same in other towns, especially the national media.

I am the least phony person on this board by a mile. I am honest in discussion and completley consistent with my premises. I don't change my analysis based on things that happen like you do.

You're doing it right now for crying out loud.

If we win SB 42 with Moss or SB 46 with a sketchy player like Ochocinco, you're not even forming your premise you are now. I won't take it a step further and articulate why our QB and our offense FAILED US so badly in those games. lol

Danny Tartabul is one of the worst dead beat dad's for an athlete. He played for the Yankees. Do we now string up the Yankees for that 20 years later? No!

Get a grip over there at the manor, Babe.   You'll never get out of there at this point.  Jello or pudding for dessert tonight?   Board game night or cards?

Don't try and down play it Rusty.  I don't care about other players for other teams in other sports.  I don't care about other players for other teams in the NFL.  I care about the Patriots.  They have a reputation, one they are proud of, of being above all other teams, not only in the NFL but in all sports.  So trying to bring them down to other teams level is just making excuses, trying to make it seem ok that these things are happening with the Patriots.  The Patriots are making some bad decisions.  Apparently they aren't getting players to buy into the Patriot way these days. 

There seems to be some problems here.  The Pats have taken more chances with shady people recently, more so then in the past.  There has been word that BB had lost the locker room last year.  Things are headed in the wrong direction.  What is going on?  I have a feeling we aren't going to see Kraft come out and say he was "Duped" by Dennard.  It's time to question the Patriots at some point.     

Don't push this off on the NCAA, the agents, all that garbage.  There are bad apples out there, there will always be bad apples out there.  It's the organizations responsibility to stay clear of those bad apples.  Kraft is investing millions and millions of dollars in these players.  I am sure he has some pretty big money invested in people to investigate these players pretty thoroughly.  Why are they failing here? Are they ignoring the findings, thinking they can get these players to change and buy in on the Patriot way? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It's worst the 10-$15 extra.

Aren't you the tool that always slams people's grammar/spelling? LMAO@U

Yep. Terrible there from me. Meant "worth" and clearly typed worst by accident.

Great job trolling though.  Of all of what I wrote, you isolate a mistake because I didn't proof read in my human conversation with Hot Blitz.

That's a lot different than showing I don't know correct spelling or uses of words, though. When I am lectured by those who showcase that (which is MANY trolls here, coincidentally enough), then the gloves come off. Absolutely.

The hypocrisy of that is atrocious.

Just pointing out that you did exactly the same thing last week dum bass. Remember? "decent and descent"? You can dish it out, but......

Another day, another bludgeoning of the VI.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Talk to Babe. 

I don't want to talk to Babe, I'd have better conversations with my GF's cat!! LOL

I was talking to you. Just pointing out that you can't seem to go ONE SINGLE THREAD w/o taking a shot at Brady & the offense. It's really getting old.

We get it. You blame Brady & the offense for every big loss. Can you (PLEASE) not bring it up in every single thread?.....pretty please???

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to tanbass's comment:

Amazing.....5 pages of posts about Dennard & his arrest.....but yet somehow, some way, you slip the "blame Brady & the Offense" into the thread.

Is there EVER going to be a thread on the forum that you don't mention this? Seriously?

Its because of those darn milennials, tanbass. Lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Absolutely.

They haven't gotten worse at all. Ben Coates and Ted Johnson had domestics back in the day.

You really are that stupid. I'm talking about BB dum bass.

BB has gotten more and more desperate and taken more and more risk as his inherited players aged and he could not adequately replace them with his poor draft picks.

I'm not talking about the Ben Coates days nutcase.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

Absolutely.

BB has gotten more and more desperate and taken more and more risk as his inherited players aged and he could not adequately replace them with his poor draft picks.

I don't think it is as much BB desperation to take these types of players as it is a result of a shift in society away from traditional morals, family values, and a general willingness to DO THE RIGHT THING. There are so many more talented athletes who are undiscilplined these days due to the culture shift away from family and discipline. You know divorce, time-out instead of spankings, more of a sense of entitlement because parents are spoiling their talented kids and making them feel like they have earned the right to get good stuff like big paydays and special treatment vs explaining that they need to appreciate the opportunities they are given in life and be that much more dilligent in respecting how fortunate they are to be at the elite level in their craft, no respect for the accomplishment, MEDIA, especially music and TV galmorizing the "GANGSTA" culture, blah blah blah.....So many of these kids are growing up the wrong way, therefore more of them are undisciplined and getting in trouble. A sign of the times. Say GOODBYE to Mr. Dennard. WE HAVE NO CHOICE.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Absolutely.

I don't think it is as much BB desperation to take these types of players as it is a result of a shift in society away from traditional morals, family values, and a general willingness to DO THE RIGHT THING. There are so many more talented athletes who are undiscilplined these days due to the culture shift away from family and discipline. You know divorce, time-out instead of spankings, more of a sense of entitlement because parents are spoiling their talented kids and making them feel like they have earned the right to get good stuff like big paydays and special treatment vs explaining that they need to appreciate the opportunities they are given in life and be that much more dilligent in respecting how fortunate they are to be at the elite level in their craft, no respect for the accomplishment, MEDIA, especially music and TV galmorizing the "GANGSTA" culture, blah blah blah.....So many of these kids are growing up the wrong way, therefore more of them are undisciplined and getting in trouble. A sign of the times. Say GOODBYE to Mr. Dennard. WE HAVE NO CHOICE.

Unless it is not dui.  Good post otherwise.

Thanks, Man. Just gotta wonder why an innocent man refuses to test out. We'll miss him. 

Sections
Shortcuts