Dennard arrested on suspicion of dui.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Re: Dennard arrested on suspicion of dui.....

In response to APpats21's comment:

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

AH and Dennard should take Judge Mellon's advice in 1920's to a criminal in his court  " get a gun and kill yourself"

So youre saying Dennard should kill himself because he is under suspiscion for a DUI? Dramatic much?

[/QUOTE]

I'm saying with all the opportunity, talent,and chances these players have had compared to "regular" folks, that it is apparent that their brains have been bred out and they have no redeeming qualities that require them to continue living. Most people deserve a second chance; there are no third chances in my book!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

I guess before I cut the guy, I want to know a bit more about the facts. Did he blow a .08 or a point .20? 

Would we be talking about cutting him if Hernandez was still just #81 on the roster and not Tony Montana?

Dennard is Moby Dick to the Lincoln PD. He's the number one target of every cop on the force there. He was convicted of A&B on one of their own and he got off easy because he's an NFL player. I want him in jail where he belongs, if I'm a cop in Lincoln. 

You want to know if he was breaking the law or breaking the law before you make a decision.

There are 250,000 people in Lincoln.  Do you think the cops drive around and look for this guy?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to APpats21's comment:

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

AH and Dennard should take Judge Mellon's advice in 1920's to a criminal in his court  " get a gun and kill yourself"

So youre saying Dennard should kill himself because he is under suspiscion for a DUI? Dramatic much?

no not dramatic...TSWFAN is one of those rightwingnuts who thinks everything is black and white and feels manly talking tough law and order bulls**t

Uh huh, and you have to squat to P !!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

You want to know if he was breaking the law or breaking the law before you make a decision.

There are 250,000 people in Lincoln.  Do you think the cops drive around and look for this guy?

[/QUOTE]

Not sure you're first sentence? Anyway, there are degrees of DUI, so I want to know more. 

Yes, I do believe the cops in Lincoln know exactly who he is and pay very special attention to him.  Doesn't mean it wasn't a good arrest but I want to know more. Not sure what the population of the metro area has to do with it, frankly. He beat up one of their own and he got off easy. Whether there are ten cops on the force or 100 doesn't really matter.

Also, I'll ask again. Are people calling for his release right now if Hernandez was not an ex-Patriot accused of murder and mayhem? To my knowledge, Dennard was not involved in that situation, so he should be judged as if that situation never occurred.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]

I guess before I cut the guy, I want to know a bit more about the facts. Did he blow a .08 or a point .20? 

Would we be talking about cutting him if Hernandez was still just #81 on the roster and not Tony Montana?

Dennard is Moby Dick to the Lincoln PD. He's the number one target of every cop on the force there. He was convicted of A&B on one of their own and he got off easy because he's an NFL player. I want him in jail where he belongs, if I'm a cop in Lincoln. 

[/QUOTE]

if they do it would be considered entrapment.  If he is found innocent it wouldn't surprise me if his lawyer made that case.  even if he is charged it wouldn't surprise me if his lawyer brought up the previous case and stated that the cop might have been upset that because he is a NFL player he got a reduced sentence for hitting a cop and the accusing officer wanted revenge and therefore was looking for a reason to arrest him.  NG on the grounds of entrapment. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yes, I do believe the cops in Lincoln know exactly who he is and pay very special attention to him.  Doesn't mean it wasn't a good arrest but I want to know more. Not sure what the population of the metro area has to do with it, frankly. He beat up one of their own and he got off easy. Whether there are ten cops on the force or 100 doesn't really matter.

I heard on 98.5 this morning that he was driving a rental car.

If that's correct, does it change your opinion of the idea that they were targeting him?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

I don't think it is as much BB desperation to take these types of players as it is a result of a shift in society away from traditional morals, family values, and a general willingness to DO THE RIGHT THING. There are so many more talented athletes who are undiscilplined these days due to the culture shift away from family and discipline. You know divorce, time-out instead of spankings, more of a sense of entitlement because parents are spoiling their talented kids and making them feel like they have earned the right to get good stuff like big paydays and special treatment vs explaining that they need to appreciate the opportunities they are given in life and be that much more dilligent in respecting how fortunate they are to be at the elite level in their craft, no respect for the accomplishment, MEDIA, especially music and TV galmorizing the "GANGSTA" culture, blah blah blah.....So many of these kids are growing up the wrong way, therefore more of them are undisciplined and getting in trouble. A sign of the times. Say GOODBYE to Mr. Dennard. WE HAVE NO CHOICE.

I agree with your general point about our culture.

I would add that for some people there are specifics that might, in some cases, be misguided. Hitting a child (spanking) does not have to be so hard that it is truly bad but it has been shown that hitting a child is not the most effective way and it does impart a lesson that physical responses are the most appropriate. I also agree that family is important but I would add that the fear and lothing directed at people who wish to enter into same sex marriage is actually a symptom of a society where some are second class citizens.

Another example that might go unheeded is the grotesque similarity between gansta culture and rambo culture that is being played out with vigilante killer Zimmerman as well as the militarization of police forces via the explosive creatiuon and way too often truly bad uses of SWAT teams.

We are clearly a more angry, mean and violently aggressive country that needs to find discipline so that we can behave properly. It has become true for all society, not just individuals tagged as criminals.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

I heard on 98.5 this morning that he was driving a rental car.

If that's correct, does it change your opinion of the idea that they were targeting him?

[/QUOTE]

It might. Again, not making a judgment either way at this point, just saying I'm not ready to cut Dennard just yet. 

It might be a perfectly legitimate arrest. But if I'm defending Dennard, I'm looking at all the facts, including the potential for police bias. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't think it is as much BB desperation to take these types of players as it is a result of a shift in society away from traditional morals, family values, and a general willingness to DO THE RIGHT THING. There are so many more talented athletes who are undiscilplined these days due to the culture shift away from family and discipline. You know divorce, time-out instead of spankings, more of a sense of entitlement because parents are spoiling their talented kids and making them feel like they have earned the right to get good stuff like big paydays and special treatment vs explaining that they need to appreciate the opportunities they are given in life and be that much more dilligent in respecting how fortunate they are to be at the elite level in their craft, no respect for the accomplishment, MEDIA, especially music and TV galmorizing the "GANGSTA" culture, blah blah blah.....So many of these kids are growing up the wrong way, therefore more of them are undisciplined and getting in trouble. A sign of the times. Say GOODBYE to Mr. Dennard. WE HAVE NO CHOICE.

I agree with your general point about our culture.

I would add that for some people there are specifics that might, in some cases, be misguided. Hitting a child (spanking) does not have to be so hard that it is truly bad but it has been shown that hitting a child is not the most effective way and it does impart a lesson that physical responses are the most appropriate. I also agree that family is important but I would add that the fear and lothing directed at people who wish to enter into same sex marriage is actually a symptom of a society where some are second class citizens.

Another example that might go unheeded is the grotesque similarity between gansta culture and rambo culture that is being played out with vigilante killer Zimmerman as well as the militarization of police forces via the explosive creatiuon and way too often truly bad uses of SWAT teams.

We are clearly a more angry, mean and violently aggressive country that needs to find discipline so that we can behave properly. It has become true for all society, not just individuals tagged as criminals.

[/QUOTE]

Both comments spot on

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Yeah, the world is going to hell in a handbasket faster these days. But BB has slowly but surely taken on knownbad boys. I think it is clear that is caused by ineffetive drafting. He has a whole slew of failed high draft picks over the years. You just can't miss that much and not try something to compensate. He has compensated for those fails by taking bad boys and hoping his system can more or less fix them. Problem with that is the very same players he inherited that got old are no longer there and the missed draft picks that might have replaced that leadership void and keep that system strong enough to rehab these guys is a shadow of it's former self. To lead, you have to be a very good player. We don't have enough of them anymore.

And yet, THE PATRIOT WAY was built on the foundation that the team's leaders would always set the standards for, and police the behavior of all of their peers with whom they shared the locker room. Probably the truest point made, as you say Babe, is that the New England Patriots are short in the area of quality, respected, veteran leaders who walk the walk and not just talk the talk. Vrabel, Light, Rodney, Teddy, Faulk, Troy, Willie, Seymore, etc..........They were THE PATRIOT WAY. Lets hope Bill is telling his vets, "IT's TIME SOME OF YOU "LEADERS" stepped up GODDAMMIT!"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Not making excuses for Dennard...who may have violated his probationary terms just for being out past 10pm, and drinking...but is "straddling a lane line" sufficient reason for a cop to pull someone over?  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/12/alfonzo-dennard-says-he-didnt-fail-or-refuse-any-sobriety-tests/

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

No...but I promise you once the name goes over the radio to check his registration for wants and warrants, every cop on duty had his ears wide open and wanted to "assist" in the arrest...lol...oh yeah, he's a permanent target in that town.....trust me...they want him bad...he's an idiot for being there unless he's required to be there, and then, he should stay the heck inside.....if you don't think cops are like that........

I'm sure the ears perked up when his name came across the radio, but some are suggesting that the Lincoln PD are basically on alert when he sets foot inside the city limits.  There was one that said that they know what type of car he drives.  I believe he was in a rental. 

The cops there don't sit around each night and tell stories of how they'll get this guy.  They don't spend all night on patrol looking around for him.  They don't have spies at the end of all roads on all borders that are looking out for him 24/7.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

A lot of people here stating he wasn't targeted before being pulled over so they don't buy the conspiracy theory.  First off I've been pulled over a number of times, once for no seat belt, another time for a tail light out, another because it was an enforcement area on a holiday and they were just "fishing". 

Before he was asked to take a breathalizer, you can bet they knew exactly who he was.  At this point they've already asked for his drivers license and ran it.  So I'm not saying he didn't get pulled over legitamitly and fail a breathalizer, but I am saying this could be a measure of payback.  He's claiming he didn't fail the breathalizer, but was told he wasn't blowing hard enough for it to give an accurate reading.  I'm slightly familiar with these devices and know that they don't give any reading if you don't blow hard enough.  I'm very interested to see how this one pans out, and refuse to play pile on Dennard until it does. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

And yet, THE PATRIOT WAY was built on the foundation that the team's leaders would always set the standards for, and police the behavior of all of their peers with whom they shared the locker room. Probably the truest point made, as you say Babe, is that the New England Patriots are short in the area of quality, respected, veteran leaders who walk the walk and not just talk the talk. Vrabel, Light, Rodney, Teddy, Faulk, Troy, Willie, Seymore, etc..........They were THE PATRIOT WAY. Lets hope Bill is telling his vets, "IT's TIME SOME OF YOU "LEADERS" stepped up GODDAMMIT!"

The problem is you have to be a pretty good player to be taken seriously as a leader. We have far fewer of those guys than we used to. On D a Mayo or Wilfork are the only two that are good enough to seriously get into peoples faces and demand excellence. On offense only a Brady or Mankins are really established enough to do such a thing. I think you need more than those 4.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to natesubs' comment:

dennard made the right choice not taking the breathalizer.  my lawyer who is also a liscensed physcian says that one should never take the breathalizer if you know you are above the legal limit.  that way there is no confirmation of the crime and one can plead personal bias by the officer or officer incompetence and that the test as a whole is faulty.  He says that 60% of the time you will get off.  Dennard  will be fine,  he will remain on the team and until he is charged this is not an issue.  I think BB will be disappointed in him since he was a character witness for dennard at his last trial.  I do believe that he will be on the team for the entire season though.

with enough thrust, pigs fly just fine!

Unless they dupe you into thinking you're a health risk and then you get blood drawn. If that did not happen, then you'd be correct.

If it did, and he's over, it will be presented in court for a DUI.

Either way, the decision making is just completely stupid.  Another Millennial making another entitled decision to think being out at a bar 3 weeks before camp, while on probation, is a smart thing.

Just get a ride!  How hard is this? You're an NFL player!  Have some Nebraska senior drive you to and from for crying out loud.

Absolutely...

I'm turning 30 and for good portion of my 20's i had ample nights of being hammered and taking a cab. Maybe it's just me but I really can't understand how anyone could want to drive after drinking, let alone a guy that has seemingly everything to lose.

Looks alot like he might not have been drinking at all

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not sure you're first sentence? Anyway, there are degrees of DUI, so I want to know more. 

Also, I'll ask again. Are people calling for his release right now if Hernandez was not an ex-Patriot accused of murder and mayhem? To my knowledge, Dennard was not involved in that situation, so he should be judged as if that situation never occurred.

[/QUOTE]

From what I read about his previous arrest, Denard threw one punch. Far from beating up a cop.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:

A lot of people here stating he wasn't targeted before being pulled over so they don't buy the conspiracy theory.  First off I've been pulled over a number of times, once for no seat belt, another time for a tail light out, another because it was an enforcement area on a holiday and they were just "fishing". 

Before he was asked to take a breathalizer, you can bet they knew exactly who he was.  At this point they've already asked for his drivers license and ran it.  So I'm not saying he didn't get pulled over legitamitly and fail a breathalizer, but I am saying this could be a measure of payback.  He's claiming he didn't fail the breathalizer, but was told he wasn't blowing hard enough for it to give an accurate reading.  I'm slightly familiar with these devices and know that they don't give any reading if you don't blow hard enough.  I'm very interested to see how this one pans out, and refuse to play pile on Dennard until it does. 

You sir are a truely civilized person!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

From what I read about his previous arrest, Denard threw one punch. Far from beating up a cop.

"Dennard allegedly was fighting with another man outside a bar.  When the authorities tried to intervene, Dennard allegedly punched one of them in the face."

Some people around here are way overly dramatic. Somehow this incident has made some believe that the are out to get Dennard as if he poked the Chief's wife, mother and twin daughters and put it on youtube.

Assault of an officer is no joke, but to suggest that he's a marked man is so freakin' dumb.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

I just posted a article for rusty on this ,its on the thread interesting.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Babe. Those have always been my thoughts exactly. Not many people would agree with me, but you are spot on my friend.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

[QUOTE]

"Dennard allegedly was fighting with another man outside a bar.  When the authorities tried to intervene, Dennard allegedly punched one of them in the face."

Some people around here are way overly dramatic. Somehow this incident has made some believe that the are out to get Dennard as if he poked the Chief's wife, mother and twin daughters and put it on youtube.

Assault of an officer is no joke, but to suggest that he's a marked man is so freakin' dumb.

[/QUOTE]

Apparently you don't know any cops personally.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I'm bothered that the Lincoln, Nebraska police admitted that their breathalizer malfunctioned twice in the field.  Dennard can smell like alcohol and still be under .08.

The U.S. justice system often gets their perp, but sometimes they fail.  Dennard may be able to wiggle out of this one with the best lawyer money can buy.  In a version of he said she said, maybe the lawyer convinces the judge/jury that the cops have a vendetta out for any uppity muscle-y young black men, that the cops got two "useless" breathalizer readings under .08 and so they made up a story.  Get in that cell, punk!

On the other hand, maybe Dennard is spinning this story out of control.

An aquittal still doesn't exonerate Dennard with the Patriots.  Throwing an almost pretend punch at a cop just means to the scouting staff that he's a tough-talking guy, and cops sometimes go out of their way to get into these assaulting a cop things with tough guys that they don't like.  Dennard getting blasted on the bottle is another issue.  Hard-drinking football players don't have much stamina come December, and stupid is still stupid.  Who wants a stupid on their team?

Best guess, Dennard somehow beats the rap and keeps his place on the roster, but just barely.  BB should take some retribution.  Dennard will need to earn his way back onto the field. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Apparently you don't know any cops personally.

Apparently, like many other people here, you should refrain from drawing conclusions.

Sections
Shortcuts