Dennard arrested on suspicion of dui.....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Dennard arrested on suspicion of dui.....

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

This kid isn't bright in the least. Punching an undercover cop once completely stupid but at his age forgivable, but now a dui in less than 15months since the other incident? I know the kid is young but really? You go out and get a dui after being convicted of punching a cop right after Hernandez gets arrested and released? Not bright at all. Now I think he deserves to get a 4 games suspension easily and I'm on the edge of just saying drop the kid. But, there is a huge difference between stupidity of a young kid and being criminally psychotic. The question now is, what in his past will tip the balance from just young stupidity to a pattern of behavior? Unfortunately as fans we don't have access to that info, much like we didn't have with Hernandez until he was arrested. Personally I wouldn't be upset if Dennard was released or just suspended by the team for 4 games depending on what they know about the kid.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

They know that before they drafted him that he punched a cop.  Now maybe as a first offense they thoght he would be treated leniently.  They now know he's got a second offense in less than 2 years that he is facing. 

Money and celebrity has the ability to change people.  What he may have been before, he no longer is.  I assume that if the kid is talented enough, they will not cut him, because if they do, some other team will pick him up, just as the pats acquired the talented but troubled Talib. 

This is nothing new in the NFL, but we can now dispense with the Patriot Way stuff.  Its over. 

Sure, can you admit the Colts intentionally tanked a season to get Luck?

Of course they knew he punched a cop before the draft. Why do you think a round 2 talent fell to the 7th round? The question is whether it was an isolated incident or not, which is something we as fans don't know. Maybe it's where I grew up but kids do stupid things and punching a undercover cop once when you're drunk and there is mass confusion because of the atmosphere of a fight outside is stupid yes but it's not the same as someone walking up to a cop car and pounding a cop repeatedly. Point being stupid yes but something you can chalk up to young stupidity. Getting a DUI same thing. Another completely stupid move by far and away but can be young stupidity. However, a pattern is starting to form. If there were other incidents we as fans don't know about before these incidents then to me that's a strong enough indication it's more than young stupidity and the kid just won't get it, they should cut him. But, if these are isolated incidents by themselves than far worse acts have been done by players around the league. If not for timing, this would be something you bring the kid in, sit him down, suspend him, and hope it doesn't happen again. All I'm saying is if it's a pattern then the kid needs to go otherwise suspend him and hope it gets through his thick skull

No, I cannot admit that, because I don't see it that way.  Certainly, with this statement there will be those who ask why the colts didn't do more to get more wins, but given the number of games that the colts were capable of winning that season but came up short, combined with low expectations when the wins didn't happen, the question becomes, "what do you expect from the team"?  Should the team spend millions more (to the cap) and sacrifice their future to not even guarantee one more win?  Should the colts have spent to the cap in hopes of getting 2 more wins?  The facts are that Manning covered up a bunch of short comings the team had due to aging and injuries.  That was evidenced by the 70% roster turnover the following year.  But no, I don't think they intentionally tanked, but should it be proven otherwise, as a colts fan, I will have to own it.  Really, I think it was front office ineptitude.  There was alot of rancor in the org with Polian making his son GM and allowing him to call shots.  As a result there were coaching departures and poor personnel decisions.  I blame polian. 

Back to Dennard, I think you and I are on the same page here.  I am willing to accept that the cop incident was isolated.  He may have never been in trouble before, but, as I also said, fame and money have the capacity to change people. 

IMO, however, this really isn't about Dennard.  This kind of stuff happens all the time in the NFL and in common life.  This is about the pats frequently taking chances on players with character questions.  In Dennard's case, isolated incident or not, the incident existed, wasn't settled, and the pats chose to roll the dice.  It seems safe to say they roll the dice as much or more these days than other teams in the NFL.  But along with them rolling the dice, they seemed to project this mentality that they could keep these guys in line. Maybe that wasn't Belichick, but it certainly was Kraft and others.  Regardless, it was implicit in their decision to take these guys.  If they didn't think they could control them, they wouldn't take them. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Bad stuff keeps happening since they signed TT...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

This is a joke, right? I mean this is the same guy that half the board thought was innocent when he punched a cop in the face drunk. This is the same guy who is going to jail next year and he gets nailed for drunk driving? This guy plays on a team that gave him a golden oppurtunity and he does this? Has the guy watched the news? Does he not know that this team already has a tiny bit of bad press and a very short leash for player stupidity right now? If this happened in Nebraska you can bet the cops are on the lookout for this, "he's a nice kid, he only got in trouble once, it wasn't his fault, kid". 

Bye bye, Denard.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

the players have to be held accountable no doubt..but so does the team. there is a level of tolerence with the team that needs to be ratcheted down sending a clear message to the players that if they want to play here, they will not break the law. that message MUST come from BB and Kraft, and so far, they have not clearly sent that message, nor defined the parameters of that message.

Kraft and BB need to be clear...DUI, crimes against women and children, crimes against animals, any crime involving a weapon, drugs=good bye.

The NFL and NFLPA need to also be on board so that teams do not lose a ton of money when walking away from these players...both the NFL and NFLPA are working on these issue now, and it is top priority...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Why would you even risk this situation? Very strange. The Shizzles types who are so immature, who grow up bad situations, love to throw away golden opportunities huh?

Quick question:

What is suspicion of DUI?

Was this like when Bruce Smith was sleeping in his car instead of driving it?

Why dont you stick to getting your azz whooped online before you get your azz kicked  in real life. You know what real life is dont you?  Stop acting you like you know me and deflecting the issue at hand. Whatever I went through growing up it didnt hinder me from being a productive person in life. Sad I cant the same for you and america was MADE for you to succeed yet you still s*ck at life. Expain that one Corky?  When you GROW up, Find a lady, have some kids, have money saved for all 3 kids to go to college. Plan on retiring from the state at age 55 Come talk to me. Until then, stick to getting your azz whooped on a sports forum, being banned and making new accounts and returning again a million times....   TROLL

Now that you have shown up, I garuantee the thread goes south and turns into more back and forth between local and rival trolls. Bet on it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

The Pats MIGHT have had some leniency with an incident like this before,but with what's happened with Hernandez is going to make the Pats cut him.They've had enough bad PR recently and Kraft doesn't want the Pats to become known as team filled with thugs and criminals.

Dennard's gone and gone soon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Just what we needed.  Atta boy Dennard.

Meanwhile, UD comes over to make up for his own insecurities by kicking the pats fanbase while we are down.  Stay classy, buddy.

I'm not down!  These losers can't hurt me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I think cutting Dennard at this point would be short sighted, but it might happen because of blowback from AHern being a psychopath.  

This kid had a 6th round contract and now won't be getting paid for games missed, he'll be punished regardless, let justice do its job... that being said plumbers, office clerks and regular joes like you and me get DUI's all the time, but we don't make it impossible for them to work.  

Hernandez and Dennard are two separate incidents and should be treated as such, let's not lump him in with the serial killer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

The NCAA has got to get a hold of this problem which clearly is rooted by entitled Millennials at the college level.

The NCAA, the agents, the process of soliciting the players, etc, is something the NFL and NCAA must work together on in the future, or this kind of stuff will keep happening.

All of this is with YOUNGER players, if you notice. Positive PED tests, violence off the field, DUIs, etc, all younger players in the league. Not a coincidence.  It goes more than just "or, they're immature", too. 

Entitlement. 

Hey Loser. Why do you keep trying to deflect from the patriots issues and focus on COLLEGE Issues???  You look desperate as usual. Why do you feel the need to always defend them?  So what if the NCAA has problems. Are you gonna blame THEM for what happened? BB had all the knowledge he needed and CHOSE to draft this player knowing why he dropped. Now you wanna take the heat off him by ONCE AGAIN brining up questionable behavior from NCAA?! We know already. It doesnt excuse anything in the NFL. Thats like saying  Stop n Shop has some rotten apples and blaming them for the moron who chose to BUY the rotten ones for cheap instead of buying fresh. Just STOP IT!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I think cutting Dennard at this point would be short sighted, but it might happen because of blowback from AHern being a psychopath.  

This kid had a 6th round contract and now won't be getting paid for games missed, he'll be punished regardless, let justice do its job... that being said plumbers, office clerks and regular joes like you and me get DUI's all the time, but we don't make it impossible for them to work.  

Hernandez and Dennard are two separate incidents and should be treated as such, let's not lump him in with the serial killer.

For me it's less about the AH situation and more about a guy who is already facing a suspension for his Nebraska trouble.   He should have been extra careful to avoid any other incidents.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

the players have to be held accountable no doubt..but so does the team. there is a level of tolerence with the team that needs to be ratcheted down sending a clear message to the players that if they want to play here, they will not break the law. that message MUST come from BB and Kraft, and so far, they have not clearly sent that message, nor defined the parameters of that message.

Kraft and BB need to be clear...DUI, crimes against women and children, crimes against animals, any crime involving a weapon, drugs=good bye.

The NFL and NFLPA need to also be on board so that teams do not lose a ton of money when walking away from these players...both the NFL and NFLPA are working on these issue now, and it is top priority...

Pretty sure cutting AH less than an hour after he was charged seems pretty "clear" to me. Add on top of that the ever so important (to you) statement that Kraft gave the media this week. Not sure how much more clear they can be.

I will be in shock if this knucklehead isn't cut within the week....even better, within 24 hours. Getting arrested while on probabion pisses off judges bigtime. I don't see how this kid (isn't) going to jail for much longer than the original 30 days. Kraft is not stupid, and the hammer will come down on Dennard soon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I think people are over sensitive here because of Hernendez. DUI happen to all sorts of people, it is more of a question of judgement than character. I don't think Tony LaRussa is a bad apple and he got one in ST one year. I would be kind of surprised if they cut him at this point.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

speak for yourself wozzy. Some of us are responsible people. Amazing how drunk driving is still a joke and how many multiple offenders there are. Some get to 5 or 6 offenses and no license taken. Im  glad you are aligned with that line of thinking. Back in the day they took my license for having a joint, wasnt even in a car, yet you can continously drive around drunk and not lose your license???  smh

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Why would you even risk this situation? Very strange. The Shizzles types who are so immature, who grow up bad situations, love to throw away golden opportunities huh?

Quick question:

What is suspicion of DUI?

Was this like when Bruce Smith was sleeping in his car instead of driving it?

Why dont you stick to getting your azz whooped online before you get your azz kicked  in real life. You know what real life is dont you?  Stop acting you like you know me and deflecting the issue at hand. Whatever I went through growing up it didnt hinder me from being a productive person in life. Sad I cant the same for you and america was MADE for you to succeed yet you still s*ck at life. Expain that one Corky?  When you GROW up, Find a lady, have some kids, have money saved for all 3 kids to go to college. Plan on retiring from the state at age 55 Come talk to me. Until then, stick to getting your azz whooped on a sports forum, being banned and making new accounts and returning again a million times....   TROLL

Now that you have shown up, I garuantee the thread goes south and turns into more back and forth between local and rival trolls. Bet on it.

See, I didn't knock up my girlfriend (I learned about birth control, LMAO\) and have kids and forcibly get married like you did.  I also don't deal drugs like you do and brag about it on a Pats messageboard. I also graduated from real high school and put myself through college by working, taking out a loan, etc, because my parents couldn't afford college for me and my siblings. 

So, as a drug dealer high school dropout with a GED, who do you think you are coming on here pretending you are above others?

Care to answer that?  The board is really starting to wonder why you think you can do that and act like you are superior to everyone.

Also, you called me "Corky", which PatsEng said he doesn't like.  He considers it "namecalling".

Expect to be reported by those who are offended like PatsEng, Anonymis and others.

LMAO! More delusion from you. I have yet to be reprimanded by anyone here. Why would they have a probem with me, when I only do this to YOU?  Why you think you speak for everyone here when they hate you is beyong me, but whatever works for you, whatever you have to tell yourself, thats fine. Not my problem. I dont get reported corky. You on the other hand, well your history is well documented here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mpb2008. Show mpb2008's posts

BB is overplaying his hand.  I kind of think he believes "his way" will change players with character issue into the model patriot way players.  While he has had success doing this he keeps pushing the envelope and its catching up to him and the reputation of the patriots.

As a life long Patriot's fan no longer living in the NE area, its harder and harder to defend the Patriots. 

Is it me or does the NFL have serious issues with player behavior in comparison to NHL, NBA, and MLB.

Can't help think what the h*ll is the matter with these morons.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

The NCAA has got to get a hold of this problem which clearly is rooted by entitled Millennials at the college level.

The NCAA, the agents, the process of soliciting the players, etc, is something the NFL and NCAA must work together on in the future, or this kind of stuff will keep happening.

All of this is with YOUNGER players, if you notice. Positive PED tests, violence off the field, DUIs, etc, all younger players in the league. Not a coincidence.  It goes more than just "or, they're immature", too. 

Entitlement. 

Hey Loser. Why do you keep trying to deflect from the patriots issues and focus on COLLEGE Issues???  You look desperate as usual. Why do you feel the need to always defend them?  So what if the NCAA has problems. Are you gonna blame THEM for what happened? BB had all the knowledge he needed and CHOSE to draft this player knowing why he dropped. Now you wanna take the heat off him by ONCE AGAIN brining up questionable behavior from NCAA?! We know already. It doesnt excuse anything in the NFL. Thats like saying  Stop n Shop has some rotten apples and blaming them for the moron who chose to BUY the rotten ones for cheap instead of buying fresh. Just STOP IT!

Well, let's focus on NFL issues.  Two Denver Broncos adults, in player personnel, just got arrested for DUI within a month.

The first arrest was covered up by the Broncos and the media.  Let's talk about that.

LMAO

You'll never win this argument. The Pats get accosted in media coverage because they use the anti-BB slant.

As for taking a flyer on a 7th rd pick with a rookie cap, I have no issues with BB putting the onus on the player. In fact, I love it, because it sometimes works. Cutting him will not cost NE a dime and it's also not the responsibility of BB.

These are adults we're talking about here.

This is why people call you a nutjob. 1, you are still deflecting from the Patriots. 2nd, Im not arguing and I would never seek to win one against you because you would NEVER admit defeat. Thats a lost cause. Get over yourself. I would never argue with you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Ben Volin         @BenVolin

Tough offseason for Brian Murphy, the agent for Aaron Hernandez and Alfonzo Dennard #Patriots

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

I think people are over sensitive here because of Hernendez. DUI happen to all sorts of people, it is more of a question of judgement than character. I don't think Tony LaRussa is a bad apple and he got one in ST one year. I would be kind of surprised if they cut him at this point.

But this isn't just an average DUI. He was on probation. Normally, I would agree that one DUI is not reason to cut a player. But this dummy just got his 2nd chance by only getting 30 days + probation after punching a cop. Probation is used (instead) of jail. It's a time to wake up and fly straight. He chose to get behind the wheel under whatever condition he was in, and take a chance. Now he will pay a much steeper price than 30 days in jail & probation. I'd say that's more than enough to cut ties with this brainless douche.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

No, I cannot admit that, because I don't see it that way.  Certainly, with this statement there will be those who ask why the colts didn't do more to get more wins, but given the number of games that the colts were capable of winning that season but came up short, combined with low expectations when the wins didn't happen, the question becomes, "what do you expect from the team"?  Should the team spend millions more (to the cap) and sacrifice their future to not even guarantee one more win?  Should the colts have spent to the cap in hopes of getting 2 more wins?  The facts are that Manning covered up a bunch of short comings the team had due to aging and injuries.  That was evidenced by the 70% roster turnover the following year.  But no, I don't think they intentionally tanked, but should it be proven otherwise, as a colts fan, I will have to own it.  Really, I think it was front office ineptitude.  There was alot of rancor in the org with Polian making his son GM and allowing him to call shots.  As a result there were coaching departures and poor personnel decisions.  I blame polian. 

Then maybe Pats fans don't see the Patriots way the same way you do so don't ask for us to stop with it

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment

I agree, but it must also extend throughout organizations as well...like the sainted bronco's,  who the perennially front running ESPN loves right now, with TWO people high up in their administration being busted for DUI's within 7 days of each other...so are you suggesting that Elway fire both bags of scum?! I mean, it appears to me that Denver is sending an even worse message than the Pats...players are disposable but knuckleheaded front office people are sacrosanct...double standard, NO?

Very much a double standard and my premise has been proven again. The police report, the media in Denver and the Broncos tried to hide the first DUI arrest. Once the second one happened, it was too hot, so we learned of both.

I've been saying for YEARS here....The media

Go Google "suspicion of DUI" and the whole page is Dennard's suspicion charge. That should tell you something.   It's media frenzy when literally any opp for negativity towards BB can be had.

Meanwhile, if any other team has any incident, the media ignores it or doesn't over-react with it.

Can you imagine of Caserio and BB had a DUI each within a month of one another here?

It's called reporting....all the different sources are basically reporting the same thing for their market. It MUST be Roger Goodell's fault that this is happening. I mean, Goodell is so dead set on smearing BB's status at any available moment that he intentionally told reporters to write about it and then made sure Google showed nothing but that

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

I agree, but it must also extend throughout organizations as well...like the sainted bronco's,  who the perennially front running ESPN loves right now, with TWO people high up in their administration being busted for DUI's within 7 days of each other...so are you suggesting that Elway fire both bags of scum?! I mean, it appears to me that Denver is sending an even worse message than the Pats...players are disposable but knuckleheaded front office people are sacrosanct...double standard, NO?

lets see what "severe" really is;

Broncos president Joe Ellis told the Denver Post on Tuesday that the two recent incidents have humiliated the team.

"It's embarrassing for us as a franchise, it's embarrassing for Mr. [Pat] Bowlen, it's especially embarrassing for our fans. We don't tolerate it and we're not going to," Ellis told the Post. "My expectation is the discipline will be severe."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Dennard hasn't been charged with anything, he'll be fine.

Sections
Shortcuts