Dennard Case Pushed Out to 8.27

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Dennard Case Pushed Out to 8.27

bump, because Rusty is insulted

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

i just wonder how the AH situation plays into how they are handling Dennard?

After all this guy has a dysfuntional history - definitely not saying he will commit murder but rather what are they doing with Dennard to help him get himself under control ? and what role will they play with the prosecutor, if any?-

These kids with a lot of money are a problem for pro sports teams- and the worst is that 5yrs after they are out of the league they will be broke- As an idea???, i wish they would go to the the Agents and at least start asking them to get money put into deferred accounts so they have less money now to get in trouble with, and to still have some money later??

Even if I had a trillion $ I wouldn't want to own a Pro team - thank God we  have RK

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

i just wonder how the AH situation plays into how they are handling Dennard?

After all this guy has a dysfuntional history - definitely not saying he will commit murder but rather what are they doing with Dennard to help him get himself under control ? and what role will they play with the prosecutor, if any?-

These kids with a lot of money are a problem for pro sports teams- and the worst is that 5yrs after they are out of the league they will be broke- As an idea???, i wish they would go to the the Agents and at least start asking them to get money put into deferred accounts so they have less money now to get in trouble with, and to still have some money later??

Even if I had a trillion $ I wouldn't want to own a Pro team - thank God we  have RK

re Denneard, I think the Pats are handling it perfectly. they are letting the judicial system play out, and if punishment is to be doled out, they will let Goodell handle it.

re your idea, it is an excellent thought. in fact, Andrew Brandt when he was with the Packers, implored every player he negotiated with to have something like this in the contract. he handled literally hundreds on negotiations, and only one player took him up on the idea 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Or they may be trying to get the DA to drop the charges before they embarrass themselves again in court.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

as to his past - i thought he had problems in nebraska and its why he fell in the draft/? and didn't he also have something in April?

I hate to see these kids screw themselves - very few that age can handle that tyoe of money well - hell even older people

I don't see why the agents fees cannot be handled some how - but i cannot think of all the issues with it - maybe they should start in on it for the new CBA now?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

as to his past - i thought he had problems in nebraska and its why he fell in the draft/? and didn't he also have something in April?

I hate to see these kids screw themselves - very few that age can handle that tyoe of money well - hell even older people

I don't see why the agents fees cannot be handled some how - but i cannot think of all the issues with it - maybe they should start in on it for the new CBA now?

Depends on who you believe. He punched someone, who was a cop, when he was trying to get away from a fight. He very possibly did not know it was an undercover cop when he punched him, since witnesses say the cop never annouced he was a cop till after the punch which came when the cop grabbed him by the shoulder from behind. On top of that the cop was trying to arrest Denard falsely in a case of mistaken identity. Now I don't know about you but if I was trying to get away from a fight, and someone grabbed me forcibly from behind, I'm coming around swinging with all I have before the other guy get's in a sucker punch.

Fast forward to last month, he goes to see some friends at school. Cop, from the same town where he previously got arrested but got an extemely light sentence, see's he is at a bar in town. Waits for him to leave the bar. Says he was swerving out of his lane (no dash cam btw). Gives him a breathalizer test which he passed twice. Cop says he didn't blow hard enough. Cop gives him a field sobriety test which he also passes. Cop doesn't request a blood test but arrests him on "suspicion" of DUI. So you tell me if the kid has problems (other than never going back to that town) or the cops messed up and now have it out for him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

They should do it are a retirement deal in high yield accounts.They can access if it they need it but will pay a penalty.  All restrictions are removed apon retirement.

If I was the Legel team for Dennard, I'd be saying that they have no proof other than the word of an officer that could be biased due to Dennard getting off easy for punching a cop.  It's His word against Dennard who says he blew into the bearthalizer twice and passed both times.  And he passed the roadside Sobriety Test. 

This would make a lot of sense as to why we haven't heard for Dennard of teh Pats on the case!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Depends on who you believe. He punched someone, who was a cop, when he was trying to get away from a fight. He very possibly did not know it was an undercover cop when he punched him, since witnesses say the cop never annouced he was a cop till after the punch which came when the cop grabbed him by the shoulder from behind. On top of that the cop was trying to arrest Denard falsely in a case of mistaken identity. Now I don't know about you but if I was trying to get away from a fight, and someone grabbed me forcibly from behind, I'm coming around swinging with all I have before the other guy get's in a sucker punch.

Fast forward to last month, he goes to see some friends at school. Cop, from the same town where he previously got arrested but got an extemely light sentence, see's he is at a bar in town. Waits for him to leave the bar. Says he was swerving out of his lane (no dash cam btw). Gives him a breathalizer test which he passed twice. Cop says he didn't blow hard enough. Cop gives him a field sobriety test which he also passes. Cop doesn't request a blood test but arrests him on "suspicion" of DUI. So you tell me if the kid has problems (other than never going back to that town) or the cops messed up and now have it out for him.

This would be good news; do you have a source?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to teegee's comment:

It was all over the internet during the week after he got arrested for suspicion of DUI. What really takes the cake is they let him drive right after he was cited.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to teegee's comment:

Here is one of many that I read during that time:

http://www.cornnation.com/2013/7/12/4519462/dennard-disputes-dui-charge

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

thanks - never heard that side of the story

in todays world  i never even have a beer if I am driving, thats just the way it is. with all of the cops out you just cant take a chance - even Reese Witherspoon learnd the hardway -

i really like to root for the young guys on the team and enjoy thier growing pains - hopefully we will get a chance to root for him

I wonder at the NFl rookie symposium what they tell these kids - with their money they should never be the drivers when they go out to bars- and then there is the point that nothing ever good happens after 1pm at nite

Sections
Shortcuts