Dennard heads off to jail

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Dennard heads off to jail

Some here denied this would happen but most knew it would.

And I'll say it again...he will be suspended 2-4 games.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2014/02/dennard_to_begin_jail_sentence

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Dennard heads off to jail

He'll serve his time and make most if not all of the off-season program.  Although I do not think it appropriate for him to be suspended for something he did before he was in the NFL you simply don't know in the current environment. 

Never pass on an opportunity to bash BB on his drafting, eh NAS? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He'll serve his time and make most if not all of the off-season program.  Although I do not think it appropriate for him to be suspended for something he did before he was in the NFL you simply don't know in the current environment. 

[/QUOTE]

His OUI case, while in the NFL, has complicated this. When you are on probation you absoulutely are subject to the look back should you get into any issue while on probation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His OUI case, while in the NFL, has complicated this. When you are on probation you absoulutely are subject to the look back should you get into any issue while on probation.

[/QUOTE]

Point taken.  You may very well be right on the suspension.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And BTW, I have no issue with the Pats taking a flyer on him with a 7th rd pick. HOWEVER, the young man needs to grow more brain cells in light of driving around drinking,,,AND HE WAS!!, WHILE on probation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And BTW, I have no issue with the Pats taking a flyer on him with a 7th rd pick. HOWEVER, the young man needs to grow more brain cells in light of driving around drinking,,,AND HE WAS!!, WHILE on probation.

[/QUOTE]

And I'll bet that, merely on that flimsy basis, you're willing to pass on his Mensa candidacy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And I'll bet that, merely on that flimsy basis, you're willing to pass on his Mensa candidacy.

[/QUOTE]

Ummm...yes...put me down as he fails as a possible candidate....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why else does he employ these losers?  He has the opportunity to stock the team each year.  Instead, he fails and we're left with criminals (Dennard), deeebags (Blount), bums (Gregory) and injury prone guys that disappear when it counts the most (Amendola/Talib).

I don't want to cheer for society's scum.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

Why else does he employ these losers?  He has the opportunity to stock the team each year.  Instead, he fails and we're left with criminals (Dennard), deeebags (Blount), bums (Gregory) and injury prone guys that disappear when it counts the most (Amendola/Talib).

[/QUOTE]

Dennard was rated by some as a 1st rd talent, a 2nd rounder to be sure, and BB got him for a 7th.  I have zero problem with the pick even if he misses a couple of games.

Blount, dee-bag though he may be (is he really?) put up some pretty decent yards for this team.  His conduct here seemed ok.

Gregory was no bum - average NFL safety, probably - but certainly not a bum.

Yes, Talib and Amendola.  We'll see.

Amazing, postively amazing, that this team has done as well as it has with all of this 2nd rate talent that BB has brought in, eh, NAS?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

NAS you left out other draft picks like Tom Brady, Vince Wilfork, Julian Edelman, ect. Your trlling has become a tired act. If your that unhappy why not find another team to "cheer" for?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Amazing, postively amazing, that this team has done as well as it has with all of this 2nd rate talent that BB has brought in, eh, NAS?

[/QUOTE]

Not commenting on the talent overall.  It's the quality of human being. 

Maybe they can trade Brady and bring in Michael Vick?

If he can get his court appearances delayed, could Darren Sharper be had on the cheap?

Is Adam Jones available?

I wonder what Richie Incognito would cost on a one year deal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not commenting on the talent overall.  It's the quality of human being. 

Maybe they can trade Brady and bring in Michael Vick?

If he can get his court appearances delayed, could Darren Sharper be had on the cheap?

Is Adam Jones available?

I wonder what Richie Incognito would cost on a one year deal. 

[/QUOTE]

NAS, not entirely sure what you're issue is but you are a monument to negativity with respect to the New England Patriots.  Is there an NFL team out there who drafts their talent exclusively from a university that admits only altar boys?  Egad, man.  Give it a rest.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

NAS, not entirely sure what you're issue is but you are a monument to negativity with respect to the New England Patriots.  Is there an NFL team out there who drafts their talent exclusively from a university that admits only altar boys?  Egad, man.  Give it a rest.

[/QUOTE]

Typical response.  Can't debunk my statement so you decide to talk about me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Typical response.  Can't debunk my statement so you decide to talk about me.

[/QUOTE]

Your statement was nothing but pure sarcasm.  You expected a serious response to that? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Why would he be suspended now? That makes no sense whatsoever. If he was going to be suspended it would have been last year when he was convicted. This jail sentence was handed down at that time and is not anything new. There's no new information here that would give rise to a suspension. NFL players are not suspended for first time DUIs per the CBA, they are fined.

I love it when people spout off about things they have no knowledge of. It's great.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Why would he be suspended now? That makes no sense whatsoever. If he was going to be suspended it would have been last year when he was convicted. This jail sentence was handed down at that time and is not anything new. There's no new information here that would give rise to a suspension. NFL players are not suspended for first time DUIs per the CBA, they are fined.

I love it when people spout off about things they have no knowledge of. It's great.

Do you understand that as long as he didn't violate his probation the assault issue was prior NFL but a violation of probation is current? Do you understand probation is a sentence held in reserve during the probationary period? Do you understand a probation violation causes a look back and makes it current?

If this isn't true could you enlighten me as to what your understanding of the law is in regards to probation.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

Dennards situation is a weird one, 1st he punched a cop prior to being drafted. That wouldnt fall under the NFL guidelines then he gets the "OUI" case, in the same town where he punched the cop. From all eyewitnesses and his prior comments to the incident, he wasn't drunk nor did he have enough to be impaired.

I'm very skeptical about this OUI case since it happened in the town where he punched the cop, he is a marked man in that town, he needs to pay his baby mommy some money to get out of that town, else they will keep targeting him there or option B, always take your lawyer with  you when your car enters the city limits.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I guess it's falling on deaf ears....am I failing to get my point across that admitting to a probation violation is a current violation and also drags back the entire assualt case?

That probation is not a final outcome of a case but a suspension of the verdict pending the defendant's conduct during the probationary period?

Dennard pled guilty to the probation violation and was sentenced to 30 additional day of jail time making it revelvant to his NFL tenure?

What exactly is it I can do to be clearer?

Thanks,

NMPL

http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/curran-will-nfl-suspend-dennard

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Some here denied this would happen but most knew it would.

And I'll say it again...he will be suspended 2-4 games.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2014/02/dennard_to_begin_jail_sentence

[/QUOTE]

What?

We knew he was going to jail.  The judge sentenced him to 20 days or something with it possibly being reduced with good behavior in there and some more community service. We all knew this, even though they couldn't get a conviction on the fraud DUI charge. I feel bad for the kid.  Racism is alive and well in Lincoln, NE.

The reason whyt  he won't get suspended is for 2 reasons:

1. The DUI case was thrown out. No conviction due to not enough evidence, as predicted.

WHether or not the Lincoln PD is targeting blacks, who knows, but it sure does smell to high heaven with a guy who never as much got a traffic ticket in 6 years of having a license. I had a speeding ticket by the age of 17.

2. The original assault on him where he reacted to defend himself, and apparently punched an undercover cop, happened before he was an NFL employee.

In neither case can Goodell act legally.  The union will cite each situation outside Goodell's rights to act as commissioner.

The serving of the jail time is to make sure there is no DUI conviction. This was part of the plea deal.  The serving of the time has nothing to do with Goodell because he can't cite a violation with Dennard as an NFL employee.

[/QUOTE]

I ask you, do you understand the legalities of pleading guilty in December, 2013, to a probation violation?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well ATJ, let's say If new evidence turned up that linked me to 18 murders in 1986 I don't think my current employer would hesitate to fire me even though I started working for them much later.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I guess it's falling on deaf ears....am I failing to get my point across that admitting to a probation violation is a current violation and also drags back the entire assualt case?

That probation is not a final outcome of a case but a suspension of the verdict pending the defendant's conduct during the probationary period?

Dennard pled guilty to the probation violation and was sentenced to 30 additional day of jail time making it revelvant to his NFL tenure?

Thanks,

NMPL

[/QUOTE] 

Goodell cannot do that legally. The DUI charge was thrown out.  Goodell has nothing to cite with Dennard as an NFL employee. There is no conviction. Get it?  Where is the suspension?  This deal was struck two months ago.

Maybe you need to open up your ears?

Thanks,

Rusty

[/QUOTE]

Hey, that's just what you said about A A Ron.  Weird.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thanks,

NMPL

[/QUOTE] 

Goodell cannot do that legally. The DUI charge was thrown out.  Goodell has nothing to cite with Dennard as an NFL employee. There is no conviction. Get it?  Where is the suspension?  This deal was struck two months ago.

Maybe you need to open up your ears?

Thanks,

Rusty

[/QUOTE]

OK, more slowly tthis time....he......pled....guilty...to....a...probation....violation....last December......and received ADDITIONAL jail time at that hearing.....