Dennard heads off to jail

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Dennard heads off to jail

So Dennard is now off topic?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Muz....for the love of God go back and read the entire timeline of the case before you make any further comments.

THE PROBATION VIOLATION WAS FOR PLEADING GUILTY TO A BREATH TEST VIOLATION.

He was then given 30 more days in jail.

This is a sentence from 12/13 so yes it's new and yes Goodell can take a look at it.

Goodell would not suspend Dennard for January playoffs as Dennard would have appealed.

If Goodell does suspend he will do it at the beginning of this season.

And yes, he may not, but the probation violation allows Goodell to take a look.

The flat out stubborness of some here is amazing.

Relax man. If I didn't know better, I'd think maybe you wanted him to get a lethal injection.

I disagree that a violation of a probation in a case that occurred when the player was in college allows the league to suspend someone for an offense that does not otherwise warrant a suspension. You think it does. I think that's convoluted, pretzel logic. You think it makes perfect sense.

I get your POV, I just think it's wrong. The offense was a DUI, it's not suspendable, regardless of the fact that it resulted in probation violation. You can't separate the two.

In the end, it only matters what Goodell thinks and what the NFLPA thinks. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

So Dennard is now off topic?

Nope..I think it simply needs to be in proper persepctive...he's paying his dues....their are far worse "criminal" in the NFL, or while they were in the NFL (AH/Darren Sharper/Incognito)...and they really haven't paid THEIR dues yet...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Seventh round draft choice.   60k signing bonus prorated over 4 years.  Average 550k salary over his contract.

Starting cornerback for this cap friendly price gives the Pats a competitive advantage.

This young guy has, hopefully learned a lesson.

I don't have any problem with this.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Why would he be suspended now? That makes no sense whatsoever. If he was going to be suspended it would have been last year when he was convicted. This jail sentence was handed down at that time and is not anything new. There's no new information here that would give rise to a suspension. NFL players are not suspended for first time DUIs per the CBA, they are fined.

I love it when people spout off about things they have no knowledge of. It's great.

Do you understand that as long as he didn't violate his probation the assault issue was prior NFL but a violation of probation is current? Do you understand probation is a sentence held in reserve during the probationary period? Do you understand a probation violation causes a look back and makes it current?

If this isn't true could you enlighten me as to what your understanding of the law is in regards to probation.

But, it was proven in court he didn't violate his probation since the case was thrown out.

How hard is this to understand? Goodell would need something to stand on. He can't just cite a phantom conviction stemming from an incident that happened prior to Dennard being in the NFL and then cite no conviction from a trumped up DUI charge that didn't stick.  

Technically, there is no current probation violation. The plea deal is clearly to avoid the Lincoln PD from trying to ruin this kid's life.  The lawyers asked for a bone, and they got it. But, there is nothing show on his record under the NFL that prove he violated his probation. Technically, it was proven the cop who picked him up, was in the wrong without a conviction, so there was no real violation on Dennard's part.

The DA's office would have needed to have proven Dennard was driving under the influence. A cop arresting someone illegally is a not a probation violation.

This is TWICE Dennard was wrongfully accused of breaking the law and it happened in the same town.

Are you a racist?

Ummmmm no.  He plead guilty to his probation violation.  Guilty!!!!!!  Not thrown out, liar.

Are you a racist?  Or just stupid?  Or both?

He's actually fortunate he isn't doing more time.

And yes, he will probably miss a game or two because the violation was after he became a Pat..

• You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Don't forget, NAS is a Jets fan!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

He's serving his time...what's the big whoop about this...it's been coming for over a year now....

Must be the offseason...

Personally, I'd rather talk about a certain Jets TE being caught at a mall parking lot with a tub of vaseline  and suckin' on synthetic weed exposing himself in public while playing rub-a-dub-dub in front of some middle aged hag......and it happened just a month or so ago...the Dennard stuff is old news...compared to this mega creep, Dennard is just a run of the mill, everyday miscreant, I'm sure not too different to what some here have been caught doing

Wow.

You'd prefer to talk about guys jerking off.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Don't forget, NAS is a Jets fan!

Yeah, I sure am RT.  I practice my Sack Dance daily and have a dog named D'Brick'A'Shaw.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

He'll serve his time and make most if not all of the off-season program.  Although I do not think it appropriate for him to be suspended for something he did before he was in the NFL you simply don't know in the current environment. 

Never pass on an opportunity to bash BB on his drafting, eh NAS? 

Well ATJ, let's say If new evidence turned up that linked me to 18 murders in 1986 I don't think my current employer would hesitate to fire me even though I started working for them much later.

I'm sure your current employer would sever ties with you immediately.  What was the new info that turned up in the Dennard case? 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Why would he be suspended now? That makes no sense whatsoever. If he was going to be suspended it would have been last year when he was convicted. This jail sentence was handed down at that time and is not anything new. There's no new information here that would give rise to a suspension. NFL players are not suspended for first time DUIs per the CBA, they are fined.

I love it when people spout off about things they have no knowledge of. It's great.

Do you understand that as long as he didn't violate his probation the assault issue was prior NFL but a violation of probation is current? Do you understand probation is a sentence held in reserve during the probationary period? Do you understand a probation violation causes a look back and makes it current?

If this isn't true could you enlighten me as to what your understanding of the law is in regards to probation.

But, it was proven in court he didn't violate his probation since the case was thrown out.

How hard is this to understand? Goodell would need something to stand on. He can't just cite a phantom conviction stemming from an incident that happened prior to Dennard being in the NFL and then cite no conviction from a trumped up DUI charge that didn't stick.  

Technically, there is no current probation violation. The plea deal is clearly to avoid the Lincoln PD from trying to ruin this kid's life.  The lawyers asked for a bone, and they got it. But, there is nothing show on his record under the NFL that prove he violated his probation. Technically, it was proven the cop who picked him up, was in the wrong without a conviction, so there was no real violation on Dennard's part.

The DA's office would have needed to have proven Dennard was driving under the influence. A cop arresting someone illegally is a not a probation violation.

This is TWICE Dennard was wrongfully accused of breaking the law and it happened in the same town.

Are you a racist?

You are so ignorant. Like a child having a temper tantrum. Troll.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Wow, Russ is back and getting owned, just like old times.  Hey Russell, please answer the questions people here have asked you, especially the questions from NoMorePensionLooting.  I'm curious to your answers.

• Sections
    Shortcuts