Dennard Injury?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Dennard Injury?

Hopefully, it's not serious..

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2013/06/alfonzo_dennard_carted_off_field_toward_end_of_injury_plagued

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Dennard Injury?

at least its a houlder and not a knee.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I'd just prefer not to see injuries on the defensive side of the ball....lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

For some reason, this doesn't scare me as much as maybe it should.  I think Denard isn't even a really good #2 CB.  I don't like how short and squatty he is and he is very slow.  He is more of a zone guy who can't keep up down field with the moderately fast WRs in the league.  Don't get me wrong, it sucks if he's out for an extended time, but I'd rather see one of the Rooks out there.  I think Dennard is kinda over-hyped at this point in his career. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Can he serve his 30 days now?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'm tired of seeing injurys when there's no pads on. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Maybe the good news is that Dowling has apparently looked good.  It's way too early to draw any firm conclusions, but there is some positive news there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Maybe the good news is that Dowling has apparently looked good.  It's way too early to draw any firm conclusions, but there is some positive news there.

I agree but there's still no pads on.  I need to look at the schedule ill be in ri when I get back from Mexico for a wedding. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I agree but there's still no pads on.  I need to look at the schedule ill be in ri when I get back from Mexico for a wedding. 

where in RI is the wedding. Lot of nice places on the water especially in newport.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to theshinez's comment:

For some reason, this doesn't scare me as much as maybe it should.  I think Denard isn't even a really good #2 CB.  I don't like how short and squatty he is and he is very slow.  He is more of a zone guy who can't keep up down field with the moderately fast WRs in the league.  Don't get me wrong, it sucks if he's out for an extended time, but I'd rather see one of the Rooks out there.  I think Dennard is kinda over-hyped at this point in his career. 

I kind of agree in terms of him being overhyped here. I think some fans forget how many guys fall off in year 2. He did surprise last year because I had him pegged as a slot CB but he ended up fairing well outside. The thing is so did Ellis Hobbs. Sooner or later his lack of height will be exposed. He is a stocky, shorter CB who runs upright and doesnt have blazing speed but is adequate. My thing is Im worried about A.) sophmore slump  B.)nagging injuries C.) Bigger, Faster WR's burning him outside. I will keep a positive outlook but I am glad they atleast drafted Ryan. Im really hoping Ras I takes the # 2 spot and kicks Dennard inside

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I kind of agree in terms of him being overhyped here. I think some fans forget how many guys fall off in year 2. He did surprise last year because I had him pegged as a slot CB but he ended up fairing well outside. The thing is so did Ellis Hobbs. Sooner or later his lack of height will be exposed. He is a stocky, shorter CB who runs upright and doesnt have blazing speed but is adequate. My thing is Im worried about A.) sophmore slump  B.)nagging injuries C.) Bigger, Faster WR's burning him outside. I will keep a positive outlook but I am glad they atleast drafted Ryan. Im really hoping Ras I takes the # 2 spot and kicks Dennard inside

is it my imaginations or does BB have a fascination with short dbs...lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Every reference I can find on Dennard has him listed at 5'10", 200 lbs.  Based on a cursory look at some other teams' rosters that seems to be pretty much average for a corner.  Seattle does have some pretty big corners but unless I'm mistaken they're the exception.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

where in RI is the wedding. Lot of nice places on the water especially in newport.

It's actually in Taunton.  My parents have a place on the beach in ct. Gotta check in with the old man he's slowing down a lot. Knowing my god sons family there won't be much driving going on.  I'd like to hit Gillette while I'm there. Blue fish should be starting to run so might be some deep sea drinking involved. if fun fish to catch on a fly rod. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

It's actually in Taunton.  My parents have a place on the beach in ct. Gotta check in with the old man he's slowing down a lot. Knowing my god sons family there won't be much driving going on.  I'd like to hit Gillette while I'm there. Blue fish should be starting to run so might be some deep sea drinking involved. if fun fish to catch on a fly rod. 

Depending on your timing you may run into BB out there.  He goes after Blues.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Not the Laffayette Club is it? I actually work not to far from there.

Patriot Place is not to far from Taunton about 10 miles or so going north on 495 and then another 3-5 miles up Rte 1.

If you have the time check out the Hall @ Patriot Place it is in the same building as the Pro Shop and well worth the time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Every reference I can find on Dennard has him listed at 5'10", 200 lbs.  Based on a cursory look at some other teams' rosters that seems to be pretty much average for a corner.  Seattle does have some pretty big corners but unless I'm mistaken they're the exception.  

This depends on how the team wants to list you on the program, atj. I just read an article about Julian Edleman and how the pats listed him as 6' but he really is only 5'10. In the NBA, shorter players usually add an inch or two as well so keep that in perspective. At one point, yes BB did seem to concentrate more on the shorter guys..Ellis Hobbs, T.Wheatley, Wilhite, Buckley, Antwoine Harris,etc. These guys were all under 5'10, despite what the program said and only recently in the last few years has BB changed his tune while bringin in guys like C.Scott, D.O'Neal and S.Springs but they didnt fair well but I think that was due to age.  The reason he likes the smaller guys is mostly footwork and their ability to switch their hips mid backpeddle and run. Most of the top 15 CBs are in the 5'10- 6' range but they have extreme immeasurables that make them play bigger. Dennard is a good athlete but he is still a little too small for me. I would be happy if both Talib and Ras i took the starting spots because they are both about 6'1" and still have decent feet for bigger CBs. The biggest difference for me with height is the taller guy cant be outjumped like the little DB's. I noticed Talib give up underneath stuff like any CB, but there wasnt any more of the Chucking it up like their was vs our Dbs for years when they just couldnt make a play. Talib is a guy u have to respect in that regards. You cant just throw up lame ducks over his head as he will snag it and take it back.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

This depends on how the team wants to list you on the program, atj. I just read an article about Julian Edleman and how the pats listed him as 6' but he really is only 5'10. In the NBA, shorter players usually add an inch or two as well so keep that in perspective. At one point, yes BB did seem to concentrate more on the shorter guys..Ellis Hobbs, T.Wheatley, Wilhite, Buckley, Antwoine Harris,etc. These guys were all under 5'10, despite what the program said and only recently in the last few years has BB changed his tune while bringin in guys like C.Scott, D.O'Neal and S.Springs but they didnt fair well but I think that was due to age.  The reason he likes the smaller guys is mostly footwork and their ability to switch their hips mid backpeddle and run. Most of the top 15 CBs are in the 5'10- 6' range but they have extreme immeasurables that make them play bigger. Dennard is a good athlete but he is still a little too small for me. I would be happy if both Talib and Ras i took the starting spots because they are both about 6'1" and still have decent feet for bigger CBs. The biggest difference for me with height is the taller guy cant be outjumped like the little DB's. I noticed Talib give up underneath stuff like any CB, but there wasnt any more of the Chucking it up like their was vs our Dbs for years when they just couldnt make a play. Talib is a guy u have to respect in that regards. You cant just throw up lame ducks over his head as he will snag it and take it back.

Yeah, I took the practice of creative measurements into consideration; that's why I checked how Nebraska listed him as well.  But to your point, I agree that it would seem you'd want someone in the 5'10" to 6' range at that position for the reasons you mentioned.  Seattle's corners are bigger, 6'3" and 6'2" range for the most part but they do seem to be the exception.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Yeah, I took the practice of creative measurements into consideration; that's why I checked how Nebraska listed him as well.  But to your point, I agree that it would seem you'd want someone in the 5'10" to 6' range at that position for the reasons you mentioned.  Seattle's corners are bigger, 6'3" and 6'2" range for the most part but they do seem to be the exception.

Yea its all about what u want. I respect Carrol because he knows what he wants and makes it work. Weve seen how many years BB drafted the smurfs with no success. Petey drafted Tebucky Jones to be a CB and it was a work in progress but it was coming along but BB thought he was better at safety and for his system I would agree. So when u see the bigger Cbs in Seattle, thats a direct Aspect of Peteys style and what he wants in a CB, which is why I cant see how Rusty doesnt give Petey props for rebuilding that secondary in 2 years and tries to put  it on the previous regime. Thats all Petey. We seen it in N.E. with Steve Isreal and Tebucky. The thing is, its working for him. BB has been almost last in pass defense the last few years and has has literally EONS to Rebuild it and fix it but when I point this out, im a troll!?!?  I just want BB to get it right and stop flubbing around

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckles's comment:

Shizzles at it again.  Dennard was ranked as the best man press CB in the Big 12 by his senior year. 

Funny how people whine to the cows come home on Brady's drafts and now he hits on a 7th rd pick because other teams didn't do their homework on what really happened outside of that bar and now

Was Asante "too small" or overhyped after his superb 2003 rookie year when he had INTs, played well across the board and then improved year after year, starting to lead the NFL in INTs at one point after working with the Juggs machine to make sure he held onto more balls? No.  He wasn't. He was a good draft pick who improved year after year.

Expect the same from Dennard.

Dude, My analysis is my analysis so why are you choosing to pick ONE guy to talk about which has no bearing on the guy I am speaking of???   You really are losing it man. How many times have you ragged on Asante for leading and wanting to "get paid" as you mistakenly said? BUT, when needing to provide a source for positive CBs drafted, you have NO choice but to use Asante as an example which further proves my point!  lol,. YOu can only name ONE successfull CB drafted in the BB era and BB sent him Packing! Do you think Work Ethic is something given to you upon gracing Gilette stadium??  Its up the Player man, try to keep up here. I know you say you played the game so why are you so dense? Dennard is gonna be as good as HE wants to be, not because Asante was good. Why not compare him to Hobbs who had more of the same style of play and size?? Asante has always been an OFF MAN Cb while Hobbs and Dennard are press Cbs but dont let facts get in the way Rusty! Please just leave my posts alone. You only respond to belittle but it always backfires on you. ONE CB drafted that worked and He was shown the Door. Time for BB to consult Petey Carrol!  LMAO @ you!  Bust after Bust trying to replace the Immortal Asante whom you diss at every chance. the Ultimate Exception to the rule if there ever was one yet you SAY Dennard should follow HIS steps and NOT the fate of all the DBs that are buried behind Gillette Stadium in coffins?!?!    Ok! I live in Reality buddy. I hope for best, but My concerns ARE valid considering the track record, INCLUDING McCourty who fell off a cliff in year 2

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

He is just an inch shorter and about the same weight as Ty Law was, so he seems pretty capable to me from a size standpoint.  Not saying he is Ty Law good, but Ty did it, so why cant he.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Ty Law was the same size, Revis is an inch taller but roughly the same size, it's the prototypical size for corners.

He plays physical, there is no silver lining here unless Ras stays healthy and Dennard's not hurt so bad he can't still contribute this season.  If Talib, Dennard and Ras are all healthy we have a physical corps who can manhandle any receiver group in the NFL, Arrington works in the slot as a specialist.  Adrian Wilson will shut down the middle of the field and tightends.

Our linebackers are scary deep and well rounded, all four positions are well represented.

The biggest improvement will happen along the defensive line with Wilfork, Kelly and Armstead, this will make our pass rushers and cornerback's lives that much easier.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckles's comment:

Shizzles at it again.  Dennard was ranked as the best man press CB in the Big 12 by his senior year. 

Funny how people whine to the cows come home on Brady's drafts and now he hits on a 7th rd pick because other teams didn't do their homework on what really happened outside of that bar and now

Was Asante "too small" or overhyped after his superb 2003 rookie year when he had INTs, played well across the board and then improved year after year, starting to lead the NFL in INTs at one point after working with the Juggs machine to make sure he held onto more balls? No.  He wasn't. He was a good draft pick who improved year after year.

Expect the same from Dennard.

Yo, calm down killer!  Have we seen Dennard become the CB that Asante is(was?).....NOPE, so lets not jump to conclusions and crown Dennard as the GOAT yet.  I'm just saying it makes me nervous to have a slow, short CB as our outside guy.  If you look at his INTs last year, they were either underthrown, or "gimmes".  I'm not saying he sucks, I'm just saying let's see if he progresses this year (if healthy).

Sections
Shortcuts