Dennard now has 2 strikes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: Dennard now has 2 strikes

In response to Muzwell's comment:

I think Bob Kraft is smart enough to distinguish between bad guys and guys who've gotten into some sort of trouble. He's smart enough to know police corruption is common. He's also looked into Dennard's eyes and spoken to him, and he's had conversations with Belichick about Dennard.

I have no doubt that Kraft is a very astute businessman.   People don't rise to his level of success by being dummies.

But there are many successful businessmen who misread people, can't get along with certain personalities, or flat out lack social skills.   It should not be assumed that people who have elite business skills also possess elite "people" skills. 

Kraft certainly had opportunities to perform more due diligence on AH before giving him a barrel full of money.   I wonder what he saw when he looked in his eyes and spoke to him.  Was he "duped" or embarrassed that he hadn't done his homework?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

He plead guilty to the probation violation, which means he WAS driving under the influence.

No, drinking any alcohol was a violation of parole. So he admitted he had a drink that night not that he was under the influence. Not that it is really a big deal but hey.

Well, I don't know if just having a drink was a part of his restrictions or not.  Sometimes it is, sometimes it's not.  Regardless, he knew the score and chose to ignore it.  These things are laid out very clearly.

That's on him.  No one else.

Being assaulted by a non-uniformed cop for being black is not "on him", moron. Take your racist self to another board. It will not be tolerated here.

Uniformed cop who told him he was under arrest 5 or 6 times.  Resisted arrest and punched the cop.

Drove while under the influence.

Get your facts lies straight. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

I think Bob Kraft is smart enough to distinguish between bad guys and guys who've gotten into some sort of trouble. He's smart enough to know police corruption is common. He's also looked into Dennard's eyes and spoken to him, and he's had conversations with Belichick about Dennard.

I have no doubt that Kraft is a very astute businessman.   People don't rise to his level of success by being dummies.

But there are many successful businessmen who misread people, can't get along with certain personalities, or flat out lack social skills.   It should not be assumed that people who have elite business skills also possess elite "people" skills. 

Kraft certainly had opportunities to perform more due diligence on AH before giving him a barrel full of money.   I wonder what he saw when he looked in his eyes and spoke to him.  Was he "duped" or embarrassed that he hadn't done his homework?

Good post Catfish.  Success in business just proves you have the skills to be successful in business . . . and there are many different skills that can lead to success, so you can't generalize that a guy who succeeded in business is good or bad at any particular thing other than making money . . . 

Reading the line I highlighted in yellow, I can't help thinking about what Bush said about Putin . . . "I looked the man in they eye.  I was able to get a sense of his soul."

Which makes me think "looking a guy in the eye" and a half hour's pay will buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.  (Talk about being good at making money . . .)

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

He plead guilty to the probation violation, which means he WAS driving under the influence.

No, drinking any alcohol was a violation of parole. So he admitted he had a drink that night not that he was under the influence. Not that it is really a big deal but hey.

Well, I don't know if just having a drink was a part of his restrictions or not.  Sometimes it is, sometimes it's not.  Regardless, he knew the score and chose to ignore it.  These things are laid out very clearly.

Being assaulted by a non-uniformed cop for being black is not "on him", moron. Take your racist self to another board. It will not be tolerated here.

Uniformed cop who told him he was under arrest 5 or 6 times.  Resisted arrest and punched the cop.

Arrest for what?  Have you answered that yet, David Duke? Have ya?

Last time: The cop was not in uniform.

FACT

"Dennard is currently on probation after his April conviction of assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest, stemming from an altercation April 21, 2012, also in Lincoln. Dennard was allowed to wait until March 2014 to serve his 30-day jail sentence, but was also given two years probation. The police officer he punched was not wearing a uniform at the time."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/07/19/alfonzo-dennard-won-cut-patriots/6yluMcgrNX7yUAz5xKJevI/story.html

Learn to read, dumbo.

Court testimony.  Learn to read DUMBO!

Kopsa responded that Dennard knew he was a police officer.

“When an officer tells you to put your hands behind your back, what do you do? You put your hands behind your back,” he told Dennard. “You see I’m wearing a uniform, I’ve got the badge. You know I’m not going to hurt you. We’ve got to get things sorted out.”

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

FACT

"Dennard is currently on probation after his April conviction of assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest, stemming from an altercation April 21, 2012, also in Lincoln. Dennard was allowed to wait until March 2014 to serve his 30-day jail sentence, but was also given two years probation. The police officer he punched was not wearing a uniform at the time."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/07/19/alfonzo-dennard-won-cut-patriots/6yluMcgrNX7yUAz5xKJevI/story.html

Learn to read, dumbo.

“When an officer tells you to put your hands behind your back, what do you do? You put your hands behind your back,” he told Dennard. “You see I’m wearing a uniform, I’ve got the badge. You know I’m not going to hurt you. We’ve got to get things sorted out.”

Nope. 

A badge is not a uniform.

Did you miss the part where he says  " You see I'm wearing a uniform"?

Of course you did.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Good post Catfish.  Success in business just proves you have the skills to be successful in business . . . and there are many different skills that can lead to success, so you can't generalize that a guy who succeeded in business is good or bad at any particular thing other than making money . . . 

Reading the line I highlighted in yellow, I can't help thinking about what Bush said about Putin . . . "I looked the man in they eye.  I was able to get a sense of his soul."

Which makes me think "looking a guy in the eye" and a half hour's pay will buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.  (Talk about being good at making money . . .)

[/QUOTE]

But it's OK to generalize and determine that because a guy gets into a scrape with a cop that he must be a bad guy, and he must be on his last legs with the Pats? I want the people who say that to be honest and just admit that's what you want. You want Dennard to be a bad guy so you can say "I told you so." So you can continue to make your case that BB needs to go.

Bottom line, the premise of this thread, that Dennard is on his "last strike" is not based on anything, other than typical BB/Kraft loathing. 

It's so transparent and really pathetic. You seize on something I said in a post, that Kraft has actually a whole lot more information about this Dennard situation than any of us and turn it into an Aaron Hernandez situation. Hernandez is an evil sociopath, the type of guy who makes his way onto an NFL roster every so often, like OJ Simpson and Rae Carruth and maybe Ray Rice.

Vlad Putin? Dennard got in a bar fight in college. He's not a threat to annex the Balkans, I don't think.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

But it's OK to generalize and determine that because a guy gets into a scrape with a cop that he must be a bad guy, and he must be on his last legs with the Pats? I want the people who say that to be honest and just admit that's what you want. You want Dennard to be a bad guy so you can say "I told you so." So you can continue to make your case that BB needs to go.

Bottom line, the premise of this thread, that Dennard is on his "last strike" is not based on anything, other than typical BB/Kraft loathing. 

It's so transparent and really pathetic. You seize on something I said in a post, that Kraft has actually a whole lot more information about this Dennard situation than any of us and turn it into an Aaron Hernandez situation. Hernandez is an evil sociopath, the type of guy who makes his way onto an NFL roster every so often, like OJ Simpson and Rae Carruth and maybe Ray Rice.

Vlad Putin? Dennard got in a bar fight in college. He's not a threat to annex the Balkans, I don't think.

I never said a word about Dennard.  I don't know a thing about him personally or about his incidents with the law, so I'm not getting involved in the speculation.  I just thought Catfish's post was interesting in itself (as a general observation on the human condition).  In fact, I think it's the only interesting thing is this whole thread . . .

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

My only point with respect to Kraft is to say that it's presumptuous at best to think he has a "read" on people any more than you or me.  Where is the basis for this?  I think there is much public information on this question that can be placed on the "anti" side as much as the "pro" side.

Here's the thing with Dennard.   Right now we only see some smoke.  Is there fire there too?  I don't know.  But let's say that coupled with Revis this year, Dennard has an All-Pro season.  Then when he comes up for a new contract he may be looking to make AH-type money.  Do you think that Kraft will put a lot more effort into background checks if he's inclined to keep him on the team?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Catfish is a moron and a troll, Muzz. He started posting here with NAS last summer to troll on the HErnandez thing.

I have been here longer than you, in all your incarnations.  By your logic (First Post Date) you have only been here for a couple of weeks.

But that's all the personal information you get from me.  I've seen how you try to use it to discredit people and distract from topics.

So, you can't know where I live, how old I am, where I went  to school, my mother's maiden name, my work status, my SSN ... I wouldn't allow you to know my favorite color.  And you most certainly will not be given my former BDC name (singular).

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

My only point with respect to Kraft is to say that it's presumptuous at best to think he has a "read" on people any more than you or me.  Where is the basis for this?  I think there is much public information on this question that can be placed on the "anti" side as much as the "pro" side.

Here's the thing with Dennard.   Right now we only see some smoke.  Is there fire there too?  I don't know.  But let's say that coupled with Revis this year, Dennard has an All-Pro season.  Then when he comes up for a new contract he may be looking to make AH-type money.  Do you think that Kraft will put a lot more effort into background checks if he's inclined to keep him on the team?

Well, Dennard has two years left on his rookie contract. But, assuming he puts two strong years together and he's up for a big deal in 2016 and he's not had any further legal issues, I don't think the AH situation would have any more bearing on Dennard than it would on anybody else in the same situation. They'll do the same background checks, which is to say, whatever enhanced checks they do now, post AH.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

FACT

Learn to read, dumbo.

Nope. 

Of course you did.

And yet other witnesses testified he wasn't wearing a uniform and he was tackled from behind.  Also his conviction carried a 5 year sentence yet he only got 30 days. That points to the prosecution getting a face saving and lawsuit avoiding judgement.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Catfish is a moron

He is Newton and Einstein rolled into one compared to you, dumbkoff.

•  

Well, Dennard has two years left on his rookie contract. But, assuming he puts two strong years together and he's up for a big deal in 2016 and he's not had any further legal issues, I don't think the AH situation would have any more bearing on Dennard than it would on anybody else in the same situation. They'll do the same background checks, which is to say, whatever enhanced checks they do now, post AH.

Yeah, I know about AD's rookie deal, but knowing Revis will likely be gone after this year and accepting my scenario on an All-Pro 2014 for Dennard, wouldn't it be more likely that the Pats would extend AD after 2014?   They extended AH before his rookie contract ended, for example.  it's fairly common to "lock up" (no pun intended) your core players before they play out their contracts.  Don't you think they'd have to try to secure AD after potentially losing Talib and Revis in consecutive years, after all the futile years in finding CBs?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I'm just happy that this Patriots convict is a free man again.

Nothing like cheering for ex-cons on a Sunday!

The sport we all love is a violent one. We don't watch it for the finesse we watch it for the collisions. We want our players to be violent on the field. Some of them are bad people. That's part of the deal. There's a tricky line to be drawn when choosing players to play a violent sport and what we expect from these players as fans.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

FACT

Learn to read, dumbo.

Nope. 

Of course you did.

And yet other witnesses testified he wasn't wearing a uniform and he was tackled from behind.  Also his conviction carried a 5 year sentence yet he only got 30 days. That points to the prosecution getting a face saving and lawsuit avoiding judgement.

Who are these witnesses? What are their names?  Some drunk spectators?  His girlfriend?

Where is your proof of that?

The ACTUAL COURT TESTIMONY, SAYS HE WAS IN UNIFORM!  The report from the police said he was part of a 4 man uniformed bike patrol.  His attorney never said he was not in uniform.  The reports of him not being in uniform are nothing but trying to provide doubt,  They are false!  If he weren't in uniform, the jury would have reason to doubt and not convicted him of punching a cop, if he didn't know he was a cop..

What part of that is hard to understand?  Dennard, himself, NEVER said he wasn't in uniform, rather, he just pushed him.. Two cops testified he punched him while resisting arrest, not when approached from behind. (trying to cuff him).  Did he think he was just some dude off the street screaming "your under arrest while trying to cuff him"?  Grow up!

Like Judge Judy always says. " That doesn't make sense and if it doesn't make sense, it's probably not true".

The probation is common for a first time offense and in no way correlates to saving face.  He WAS CONVICTED, in a court of law by a jury.  They didn't have to save anything nor did they have to give him probation for a third degree FELONY.  He could have gotten 5 years!!!!!!!!!!

He still may do those 5 years, if he screws up again.  Hopefully, he's learned his lesson.

He's a decent player (not spectacular) but the Pats can't afford to draft another 15  guys who aren't as good,  to replace him.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Look...is it fair to say that the rules for who came here as players was different when Myra was alive? Of course it was, we all saw that.

Is it then fair to say the the rules for who come here post Hernandez are different than pre Hernandez? Again it would be foolish to think they are not. The only debatable issue is to what extent is now acceptable conduct versus non.

Not only is it the right thing to do it's also about Kraft protecting his business investment and protecting the Patriot brand, again, very smart.

Look what just happened in Philly....a rumor of gang ties and WHACK...

If anyone here, that still posseses good reading comprehension skills, re-reads the original post, nowhere does it make any comment that Dennard is a bad guy in the Hernandez mold.

But I would think Dennard, or any other Patriot, would be very wise to limit their off field issues as I personally believe the measuring stick is getting shorter.

No need for anyone's wheels to come off the wagon....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

FACT

Learn to read, dumbo.

Nope. 

Of course you did.

Pezzy doesn't realize the Lincoln PD is racist and lied on the stand.  He also won't accept Dennard was not the one who hit the victim and was wrongly accosted from behind in the dark.

Personally, if I lived in Lincoln, I would not be happy with such poor police work.

Those are my taxpayer dollars and I would say that the consituents are not getting their money's worth.

So you know the 2 cops are racist and they lied, under oath?

I know there are bad cops.  My sister married one who ended up in the pokey for 9 years.

That doesn't mean they all are any more than it means they are all racist, even in Nebraska.

What I assume is that the people of Lincoln love their huskers and sometimes those people, tend to look the other way when it involves their team.

What I know is that if they wanted to, they could have locked him up for 5 years.

But your right, the police should just turn a blind eye to 2 guys squaring off in the streets and one punching the other, just because they knew he was a husker. 

That would be excellent police work and worthy of their pay.  Go team!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Has he been suspended, genius? Until he's suspended, the count is 0-0. If he gets suspended, and I don't think he can be for anything that's happened to date, then he would have strike one.  He can't be suspended for a first time DUI according to the CBA, he can only be fined. He might be suspended for the parole violation, but I believe he could fight that because neither of the offenses that caused the violation are suspendable. 

No matter what, the worst case is strike one.

Learn the game.

Wait, so if your son punched a cop in the face and was then arrested for DUI you'd say, "don't worry, junior. Its no problem as long as you didn't get suspended from work!" smh

Would love to see your reaction if Dennard was on any other team. He'd be condemned by the BB lovers here.

• Sections
    Shortcuts