Dennard to the big house

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Dennard to the big house

30 days plus probation

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/11/sentencing-day-for-patriots-corner-alfonzo-dennard/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Dennard to the big house

Snap, Phil.  You were first; owe you a beverage of your choosing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

No worries my friend. I'll buy you one back as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Not serving until march 2014 though 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Great news!  He doesn't serve it until March 31, 2014.  This shouldn't affect his NFL career at all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Sounds fair.....and I'll take a Jack and Coke

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzyDizzyIzzy. Show BuzyDizzyIzzy's posts

Actually I was first to post this in the Dennard over/under thread. ;)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

if its not till 2014 they could shorten it or suspend the sentence for good behavior. This helped the police save face. They of all people want it to go away.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Buzy was on top of it from the start.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to BuzyDizzyIzzy's comment:

Actually I was first to post this in the Dennard over/under thread. ;)

In which case I am happy to owe you one as well. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Good news . . . corner position looks a little more secure than it did yesterday. Dennard just gets to vacation in jail after getting his Super Bowl ring next February.  Just a different spin on the Disney trip . . . 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Good news . . . corner position looks a little more secure than it did yesterday. Dennard just gets to vacation in jail after getting his Super Bowl ring next February.  Just a different spin on the Disney trip . . . 

ha ha ... nice   even more fitting if he was wearing the Pitt throw backs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I second that notion.  Favorite drink bar none.

Obviously this isn't the best-case scenario, but it's damn near a break for Dennard.  His NFL career isn't put in jeopardy and you can bet he'll have max security while serving his 30 days.  I think the whole situation was pretty lame but this is the price you pay for making contact with an officer during an altercation.  

Rogene Goodell better not impose a suspension that happened before his NFL career, not to mention he's doing his time for his actions.  

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

He got off without disrupting his football career. Hope he learned from that and not lapsed into  bad behaviors that haunt and destroy the lives and careers of some undisciplined NFL players

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Good news . . . corner position looks a little more secure than it did yesterday. Dennard just gets to vacation in jail after getting his Super Bowl ring next February.  Just a different spin on the Disney trip . . . 

LMFAO.  I almost spit my coffee onto my keyboard.  Well played sir.  Well played.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

they will suspend the sentence. this will be swept under the rug when the dust settles. The police want this to go away. its a football town. Having a guy get drafted is big for recruting. I'm sure pressure is coming from the powers to be from the community.

Just handing out a sentence even if suspended saved face for the police.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Lol!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Glad he only got 30 days. I was worried it was going to be longer

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Obviously this isn't the best-case scenario, but it's damn near a break for Dennard.  His NFL career isn't put in jeopardy and you can bet he'll have max security while serving his 30 days.  I think the whole situation was pretty lame but this is the price you pay for making contact with an officer during an altercation.  

Rogene Goodell better not impose a suspension that happened before his NFL career, not to mention he's doing his time for his actions.  

Gentlemen, this may be the first serious difference of opinion among three distinguished sons of Erin.  One should never adulterate a fine sipping whiskey like Jack Daniels with a sugared soft drink.  A small splash of water perhaps, an ice cube or two if you must, but never ever with a soft drink.  

Other than that, it's all good.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Gentlemen, this may be the first serious difference of opinion among three distinguished sons of Erin.  One should never adulterate a fine sipping whiskey like Jack Daniels with a sugared soft drink.  A small splash of water perhaps, an ice cube or two if you must, but never ever with a soft drink.  

Other than that, it's all good.

To each his own, ATJ!  But I do understand the premise of not pairing a sugared down beverage with God's 2nd most glorious beverage.  It's almost like a slap in the face, but damn is it good.  If I'm at the bar, I'll take Jack straight on the rocks but if I'm watching the game, I like a little Jack and Coke.  It's a nice, chill combo.

Are you a fan of Jameson?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

very fair deal all around. Glad to hear it

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzyDizzyIzzy. Show BuzyDizzyIzzy's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Great news!  He doesn't serve it until March 31, 2014.  This shouldn't affect his NFL career at all.

Yep. No more than 30 days. Still sucks. I hope he is able to get some custom concrete underwear made before then.

Technically 27 days....he served 3. =D Basically he will be serving in the off season.......so his time served and community service will not affect his career whatsoever.

Sections
Shortcuts