Dennard to the big house

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Re: Dennard to the big house

Will Commish office take any action? can they?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

there's heavy debate about this but since the event took place before the draft the commish doesn't have much of a leg to stand on. The NFLPA would eat him alive considering past rulings he's made with similar incidents, one involving a Jet

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

oh, bad thought!! But great question.  I doubt it since it happened before the NFL, been cases in the past where the player didn't have any NFL suspension due to that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I thought he'd get two years probation and at least $10,000 in fines. I'm very surprised that he got any jail time.

I'm betting he doesn't serve a day if he keeps his nose clean and performs his community service. Wait for the announcement around November or December that he won't have to serve the 30 days if he stays out of trouble.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Sounds fair.....and I'll take a Jack and Coke

I second that notion.  Favorite drink bar none. 

Obviously this isn't the best-case scenario, but it's damn near a break for Dennard.  His NFL career isn't put in jeopardy and you can bet he'll have max security while serving his 30 days.  I think the whole situation was pretty lame but this is the price you pay for making contact with an officer during an altercation.  

Rogene Goodell better not impose a suspension that happened before his NFL career, not to mention he's doing his time for his actions.  

Gentlemen, this may be the first serious difference of opinion among three distinguished sons of Erin.  One should never adulterate a fine sipping whiskey like Jack Daniels with a sugared soft drink.  A small splash of water perhaps, an ice cube or two if you must, but never ever with a soft drink.  

Other than that, it's all good.

To each his own, ATJ!  But I do understand the premise of not pairing a sugared down beverage with God's 2nd most glorious beverage.  It's almost like a slap in the face, but damn is it good.  If I'm at the bar, I'll take Jack straight on the rocks but if I'm watching the game, I like a little Jack and Coke.  It's a nice, chill combo.

Are you a fan of Jameson?

To each his own indeed, sir; t'is what makes the world go 'round.  I have been known to enjoy an occasional touch of that fine Irish beverage.  While I'm watching the game, I'm afraid it's either Dogfish Head IPA or Guinness.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

The Commish can't do a thing about it as Dennard wasn't in the league at the time. Commish doesn't have a leg to stand on in this case and he knows it.

The player's union would have a field day with a case like that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I can't imagine he's doing time in a maximum security prison, but 30 days in jail isn't going to be fun regardless.  (Not that I have first hand experience with jail time.)  I think he got off lightly, but it's good to see that he accepted responsibility.   

Re: the discussion of spirits, I'd like to throw in my preference for whisky of the Scottish single malt variety, specifically Lagavulin or Laphroaig.  If you like peat, gie these a try.  But Jameson works just as well!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I bet that somewhere along the line they'll call a status hearing and suspend the sentence. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Obviously this isn't the best-case scenario, but it's damn near a break for Dennard.  His NFL career isn't put in jeopardy and you can bet he'll have max security while serving his 30 days.  I think the whole situation was pretty lame but this is the price you pay for making contact with an officer during an altercation.  

Rogene Goodell better not impose a suspension that happened before his NFL career, not to mention he's doing his time for his actions.  

Gentlemen, this may be the first serious difference of opinion among three distinguished sons of Erin.  One should never adulterate a fine sipping whiskey like Jack Daniels with a sugared soft drink.  A small splash of water perhaps, an ice cube or two if you must, but never ever with a soft drink.  

To each his own, ATJ!  But I do understand the premise of not pairing a sugared down beverage with God's 2nd most glorious beverage.  It's almost like a slap in the face, but damn is it good.  If I'm at the bar, I'll take Jack straight on the rocks but if I'm watching the game, I like a little Jack and Coke.  It's a nice, chill combo.

To each his own indeed, sir; t'is what makes the world go 'round.  I have been known to enjoy an occasional touch of that fine Irish beverage.  While I'm watching the game, I'm afraid it's either Dogfish Head IPA or Guinness.

Why a grown man would want to pour coke into a glass of good whiskey is beyond me.

Then again,  not a big fan of Jack Daniels.   More of a scotch guy myself.

When it comes to american whiskies I prefer Kentucky bourbons.

Like my Guinness too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Sorry to interrupt but on the topic of whiskey, have any of you guys ever had Midleton? Best stuff I ever had. Very rare, a little expensive too

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

Why a grown man would want to pour coke into a glass of good whiskey is beyond me.

Then again,  not a big fan of Jack Daniels.   More of a scotch guy myself.

When it comes to american whiskies I prefer Kentucky bourbons.

Like my Guinness too.

Right on with the Kentucky Burbon.  If I do anything to my whiskey I'll put it in coffee.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I must confess that while in Scotland there is nothing that can compare with a fine single malt.  My preference is The Glenlivet; sharpened my apetite while Edinburgh on more than occasion.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to ROWDYRODRUST's comment:

The Commish can't do a thing about it as Dennard wasn't in the league at the time. Commish doesn't have a leg to stand on in this case and he knows it.

The player's union would have a field day with a case like that.

Someone posted an example recently and it was with a recent draft pick also being convicted of a felony, but it was pre draft, so Goodell couldn't do anything about it.

Dennard will be this team's starting RCB on opening day, which was suggested 2 months ago.

I love the fact that Goodell can't flex his puny muscles on this.  

It's probably killing him right now that he's essentially powerless to do anything.

Oh well,  I'm sure he'll find another way to get something from Dennard.  Probably another arbitrary fine or suspension for a lame hit that's deemed excessive by the powers that be.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I bet that somewhere along the line they'll call a status hearing and suspend the sentence. 

Nope thats the Law. In Ct. they have an Amnesty Board, if you stay out of trouble for 10 years, they'll grant you amnesty on old charges. Which would be in best intrest for him as he gets Older, especially on a Felony Charge. Takes about another 2 years to get it granted.

Is that a fancy expungement?

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

I can't imagine he's doing time in a maximum security prison, but 30 days in jail isn't going to be fun regardless.  (Not that I have first hand experience with jail time.)  I think he got off lightly, but it's good to see that he accepted responsibility.   

Re: the discussion of spirits, I'd like to throw in my preference for whisky of the Scottish single malt variety, specifically Lagavulin or Laphroaig.  If you like peat, gie these a try.  But Jameson works just as well!

A man after my own tastes! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

You all seem to be missing the point.  Jack and Coke was the first energy drink before the genre was created.  Coke is the Caffeine kicker.

I'm a Murphy's Irish Red guy.  I never got into the Stouts.