Re: Dennard to the big house

In response to Salcon's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Sounds fair.....and I'll take a Jack and Coke

I second that notion.  Favorite drink bar none. 

Obviously this isn't the best-case scenario, but it's damn near a break for Dennard.  His NFL career isn't put in jeopardy and you can bet he'll have max security while serving his 30 days.  I think the whole situation was pretty lame but this is the price you pay for making contact with an officer during an altercation.  

Rogene Goodell better not impose a suspension that happened before his NFL career, not to mention he's doing his time for his actions.  

Gentlemen, this may be the first serious difference of opinion among three distinguished sons of Erin.  One should never adulterate a fine sipping whiskey like Jack Daniels with a sugared soft drink.  A small splash of water perhaps, an ice cube or two if you must, but never ever with a soft drink.  

Other than that, it's all good.

To each his own, ATJ!  But I do understand the premise of not pairing a sugared down beverage with God's 2nd most glorious beverage.  It's almost like a slap in the face, but damn is it good.  If I'm at the bar, I'll take Jack straight on the rocks but if I'm watching the game, I like a little Jack and Coke.  It's a nice, chill combo.

Are you a fan of Jameson?

To each his own indeed, sir; t'is what makes the world go 'round.  I have been known to enjoy an occasional touch of that fine Irish beverage.  While I'm watching the game, I'm afraid it's either Dogfish Head IPA or Guinness.

Why a grown man would want to pour coke into a glass of good whiskey is beyond me.

Then again,  not a big fan of Jack Daniels.   More of a scotch guy myself.

When it comes to american whiskies I prefer Kentucky bourbons.

Like my Guinness too.

I love Jack Daniels.  Definitely my favorite liquor.  But being that I'm a broke college student, I only drink it on rare occasions.

However, when you're just chillen around watching football, a mixed drink to go along with a few cold ones is a nice combination.  To each his own, though.  

I love Guiness, too.  Irish car bombs are my sh*tt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to Homecheese's comment:

Sorry to interrupt but on the topic of whiskey, have any of you guys ever had Midleton? Best stuff I ever had. Very rare, a little expensive too

Yes.  It's very expensive.  But, yes, very good.  My friends and I like to do a tasting ever few months where you pick a liquor and then order up samples. Outside of whiskey, there are so many independent manufacturers now, it's pretty fun to sample 4 or 5 and taste the differences.

Whiskey is unique, though.   The taste can vary a lot.

Bourbon, too.

I am a bourbon guy, then whiskey.

Vodka, gin.

Tequila, too, but it needs to be high end. Really great Tequila from Mexico can be incredible.

Love bourbon, like some vodkas, gin is good, but I absolutely despise tequila.  So many of my friends love that stuff, but I just don't find it to be enjoyable.  

I've never gone to tastings for liquor.  I'll have to go sometime.  I do go to wine tastings, however.  Both sisters work at a winery so I essentially get to booze all day free of charge. Some of the wineries down here in VA are absolutely gorgeous.  Go out on a nice spring/fall day, drink and chat with friends, doesn't get much better than that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

You all seem to be missing the point.  Jack and Coke was the first energy drink before the genre was created.  Coke is the Caffeine kicker.

I'm a Murphy's Irish Red guy.  I never got into the Stouts.

Ah, now I see.

No wonder you're so hopped up on game day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

I can't imagine he's doing time in a maximum security prison, but 30 days in jail isn't going to be fun regardless.  (Not that I have first hand experience with jail time.)  I think he got off lightly, but it's good to see that he accepted responsibility.   

Re: the discussion of spirits, I'd like to throw in my preference for whisky of the Scottish single malt variety, specifically Lagavulin or Laphroaig.  If you like peat, gie these a try.  But Jameson works just as well!

A man after my own tastes! 

May I compliment you on your sophisticated palate?  Seriously, it's just what my Da used to drink, and I guess my taste is based on his...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

Never hit a cop...was hoping he'd only get 2 years probabtion...he got that, plus 100 hrs. of community service...and he needs permission to leave the state for "non-work" travel...the 30 days is the "cop" premium..guess they did try to send a message to the drinking, rowdy college town student population...oh well, he'll be around and they can wait on draftinga CB early if they wish

Yes, never hit a cop. And never start a land war in Asia or go up against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

Sorry to interrupt but on the topic of whiskey, have any of you guys ever had Midleton? Best stuff I ever had. Very rare, a little expensive too

Yes.  It's very expensive.  But, yes, very good.  My friends and I like to do a tasting ever few months where you pick a liquor and then order up samples. Outside of whiskey, there are so many independent manufacturers now, it's pretty fun to sample 4 or 5 and taste the differences.

Whiskey is unique, though.   The taste can vary a lot.

Bourbon, too.

I am a bourbon guy, then whiskey.

Vodka, gin.

Tequila, too, but it needs to be high end. Really great Tequila from Mexico can be incredible.

Those are the 4 I mainly drink as well. Tequila occasionally(maybe a few times a year) Not much of a rum guy at all.

Last time I had Midleton was a couple years ago. I think it was around $100 a bottle haha. Great stuff though. If I see it (which isn't often) I'll buy it

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Amendola. Show Brady2Amendola's posts

This shocked me. I was expecting more especially since he doesnt have to serve it untill March 2014

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Just a little accessive in the sentence. At least the judge didn't throw the book at him out of penal envy! The cop obviuosly had  form of that disease,which he got as soon as he recognized who he was arresting.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

The kids never been in any trouble before...the fact the judge said she'd entertain motions to reduce the 30 day sentence after he served a bit of his community service and probation is an invitation to have the jail sentence disappear if he walks the straight and narrow....

i agree, he could end up making it all go away. Good news.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Glad to hear Dennard will get to play the season. If he does do any time, it won't be the "Big House." Probably county lock-up. Relatively easy time.

On the subject of whiskey... Jameson's is good stuff. I also like Old Bushmill's and Tulamore Dew. Knappogue Castle is a good single malt Irish. Last year I got to try one called The Wild Geese, Irish Soldiers and Heroes. Outstanding! Hadn't heard of it before and haven't seen it since. If I do see it again I'll stock up. Never have gotten used to the Scots variety. I also like good vodka. Luksusowa is my favorite. Polish potato vodka. Keep it in the freezer and drink it straight up or sqeeze in an orange slice. Very smooth.

Cheers!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I can't imagine he's doing time in a maximum security prison, but 30 days in jail isn't going to be fun regardless.  (Not that I have first hand experience with jail time.)  I think he got off lightly, but it's good to see that he accepted responsibility.   

Re: the discussion of spirits, I'd like to throw in my preference for whisky of the Scottish single malt variety, specifically Lagavulin or Laphroaig.  If you like peat, gie these a try.  But Jameson works just as well!

A man after my own tastes! 

May I compliment you on your sophisticated palate?  Seriously, it's just what my Da used to drink, and I guess my taste is based on his...

And I'll compliment your dad's palate too!  He brought you up well!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I thought I heard D&C talking about this on the radio this morning and said that Sheriff Goodell (did) suspend someone for an incident that happened (before) he was drafted. Can't remember who the player was they were talking about.....so it won't surprise me at all if that d!ckbag tries to suspend him.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

Glad to hear Dennard will get to play the season. If he does do any time, it won't be the "Big House." Probably county lock-up. Relatively easy time.

On the subject of whiskey... Jameson's is good stuff. I also like Old Bushmill's and Tulamore Dew. Knappogue Castle is a good single malt Irish. Last year I got to try one called The Wild Geese, Irish Soldiers and Heroes. Outstanding! Hadn't heard of it before and haven't seen it since. If I do see it again I'll stock up. Never have gotten used to the Scots variety. I also like good vodka. Luksusowa is my favorite. Polish potato vodka. Keep it in the freezer and drink it straight up or sqeeze in an orange slice. Very smooth.

Cheers!

You're just a JAG, but that's one of your best posts ever. 

LOL Thanks, Griswold.

We're all JAGs here. No one better or worse than anyone else.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

More than likely he'll be out in 15 days. In most jails for every day of good behavior you get a day off.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Cheers!

You're just a JAG, but that's one of your best posts ever. 

LOL Thanks, Griswold.

We're all JAGs here. No one better or worse than anyone else.

Minus the Irrational Group and trolls, however. But, yeah.

Update on Dennard with Mike Reiss chiming in:

Mike   (12:06 PM)

I wouldn't even be surprised if Dennard never serves the 30 days, pending how things unfold over the next year.

You forgot Millennials and the insecure.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

30 days plus probation

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/11/sentencing-day-for-patriots-corner-alfonzo-dennard/

Not serving until march 2014 though 

thats weird?

this was my first question., when does he begin serving it.

anyone see a reason why?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

nice!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

Once the sentenced is Ordered by the Judge it has to be carried out. He'll have to do time. When he gets to Correctiomal Facility, he can see his Conselor to be granted an early release program. In Ct. if you get 30 days, you can get out in 20.

if she wanted to give him a suspended sentence, (and there were no mandatories), she could have). i dount she allows no time otherwise why not suspend senetence (ie behavior deternines if he serves any time. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I bet that somewhere along the line they'll call a status hearing and suspend the sentence. 

that woudl be ideal

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Good news . . . corner position looks a little more secure than it did yesterday. Dennard just gets to vacation in jail after getting his Super Bowl ring next February.  Just a different spin on the Disney trip . . . 

a very different one