DENNARD will be missing at least all of TRAINING CAMP and could miss the first 4 games!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: DENNARD will be missing at least all of TRAINING CAMP and could miss the first 4 games!

Clearly a lesson well taught and well learned; your son understands that there are consequences for one's actions.  

I'd like to think that my kids have been raised properly as well.  The temptation is strong to brag about them but that would make for a rather tedious thread so I'll refrain.  I'll simply say they are both productive, successful, contributing members of society who have made their mother and me proud.

Where did this country go wrong?  This forum is probably not the best place to get into it but I think it's pretty safe to assume that permissive 'parenting' and the lack of accountability has a great deal to do with it.  That said, there remain a good many responsible parents out there who do invest time, effort and attention in their kids and who set standards for their behavior.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: DENNARD will be missing at least all of TRAINING CAMP and could miss the first 4 games!

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

Clearly a lesson well taught and well learned; your son understands that there are consequences for one's actions.  

I'd like to think that my kids have been raised properly as well.  The temptation is strong to brag about them but that would make for a rather tedious thread so I'll refrain.  I'll simply say they are both productive, successful, contributing members of society who have made their mother and me proud.

Where did this country go wrong?  This forum is probably not the best place to get into it but I think it's pretty safe to assume that permissive 'parenting' and the lack of accountability has a great deal to do with it.  That said, there remain a good many responsible parents out there who do invest time, effort and attention in their kids and who set standards for their behavior.

And I'd bet you dollars to donuts your kids have some things in their closet from when they were in college that you don't even know about.

Just saying.

Heck, my sister and I were raised superbly by my folks and I thank my folks regularly for that. But, it's also hilarious as adults to hear stuff my folks were involved in during their teens or 20s, that make me blush.

This Dennard incident is one that could have clearly been handled better by both sides.  It's a little ridicuous it's considered a felony, too. 

Of course they do; I'd be shocked if they didn't.  I'm just happy that, to the best of my knowledge, they never got involved in some of the punk-a$$ sh1t I pulled as a kid. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I say Dennard will be there, starting at corner on opening day. I'm more concerned about the other corner position, will they sign Talib and if not who do they get to replace him? We saw what a difference it made last season when both Talib and Dennard moved to the corners, it was a big step forward. Lets keep moving forward.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The conviction has gone down.  Even if Dennard is actually innocent, the judge isn't going to care any more.  "He was innocent / Not a charge was true / But the world will never know" -- The theme tune from "Branded".

One other NFL player once got 45 days in jail for assaulting a cop.  If Dennard misses all of May and half of June, he'll be back in time for camp.

Most of the judges are big football fans, especially for local stars who went on to start in the NFL, who made someone's all-rookie team* and who went deep into the playoffs.  I wouldn't be surprised if Dennard gets something pretty nominal such as two weeks in jail, or community service.

Finally, the NFL could suspend Dennard for something he did before he was drafted.  Everyone knew that Dennard had slugged a cop, so it wasn't Dennard's current moral turpitude that this all went before a judge.  I don't think Goodell will get away with a suspension.

*https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/15/2012-pff-all-rookie-team/2/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

You hit a cop you go away.That's it.

So this week it was Dennard killing the so called "patriot waty"and last week it was Gronkowski.

Who's next?The pats are turning into the Miami Hurricanes of old!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to JRABBB's comment:

You hit a cop you go away.That's it.

So this week it was Dennard killing the so called "patriot waty"and last week it was Gronkowski.

Who's next?The pats are turning into the Miami Hurricanes of old!

This happened before Dennard ever became a Patriot.  He has been solid while being a Patriot.  Your argument is once again off base just like all your other posts on here.  You are a joke, pal!

Sections
Shortcuts