DENNARD will be missing at least all of TRAINING CAMP and could miss the first 4 games!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Re: DENNARD will be missing at least all of TRAINING CAMP and could miss the first 4 games!

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to AZPAT's comment:

How shocking!!! We have yet ANOTHER professional athlete doing something so incredibly stupid, getting caught, tried, and actually convicted for his crime(s)! And then we have folks whining aboiut this same felon missing practice and games!!!!

Apologists, PLEASE stop with the "he was young; he made a mistake; we've all done stuff like this" excuse machine. IF he's as responsible as he makes himself out to be, AND wants to make a serious effort to make it right, he'll shut up, go do his time, and come out a better person. If that's 6 month, or 60 days, let him do his time.

Funny how we all vocally demonstrate an intolerance for dog fighting, yet will try to excuse away assault on a police office, who's on scene DOING HIS JOB! Think of the time behind bars as a golden opportunity to lern the playbook!

Although as a Pats fan I hate to see this kid miss any games I can't really disagree with your post.

I hate to see this stuff happen to ANY athlete, let alone one on the Boston/New England scene. Doesn't go to the intelligence credibility. And, it's embarrassing. These are supposedly educated people, doing incredibly dumb and stupid stuff. It's like they swallowed the "It can't happen to me" flavored Kool Aid. Well, guess what? It does.

What's more painful is the attitude as I mentioned. I can't remember ever receiving a life lesson growing up where M om ever said, "If you mess up, FUGHEDABOUDIT! They'll let you off because you can either run with, catch, of hit a ball." I was taught that a mistake is a mistake, take your medicine and don't do it again. Ah, but how society's changed...... No one's responsible for their own actions anymore. Sad.......  

Your Mom and my Dad were from the same school of parenting.

My Dad, who would have never used the word 'accountability', was big on it.  He held me to account for what I did (and shouldn't have) and what I didn't do (but should have).  He understood that testosterone can occasionally override one's brain but never permitted that to be used as an excuse.  He was not an educated man (worked in an iron foundry) but had what I would call the 'parenting' gene.  

I don't know what really happened in the bar at closing time and neither does anyone else who posts in this forum (unless they were there and witnessed it).  I'll give Dennard that the place was probably confusing at that point but clearly there was enough evidence presented to convince a jury of his guilt.  In the absence of anything to the contray he does need now to face the music.  

I hope it's proporational to the offense and that it is not too impactful on his ability to contribute to the Pats.

I like to think I've passed this along to my kids. My yoiungest son got pulled over for felonious speeding, in excess of 100 MPH, which is an arrestable offense. Seeing he wqas driving my truck at the time, the stopping officer called me to inform me that my vehicle COULD be impounded, adn Sonny carted off to the calaboose. I told the officer to do whatever he deemed necessary, and to let me know so I could take care of the rest. No arrest would be He called me in 20 minutes, saying that he was sending my son home, and would be following him. Here comes my son and the officer down the street with lights a flashing. Made a good scene for fokks looking out windows or coming out in their yards. My son gets out of the truck, hands me the keys, and grounds himself for 2 weeks (he was 20 at the time). The officer said that I deserved much of the credit. Not once did my son ever try to excuse his actions, or try to blame someone or something else for his actions. He told the officer that he'd rather go to jail than to face me. I made it clear that there was not going to be an opportunity for him to come back to the house. My kid didn't get off cheaply: 1) HAD to pay the $1000 fine   2) HAD to attend two weeks of Traffic School    3) STILL had points on his license   4) My insurance went up substantially, and he paid the increase every month, whether he drove my truck or not. After two years I was able to get this increase overturned via legal docs proving it was the kid that had the offense, not me. 

Point is, as I taught him, things WILL happen to you. When they do, raise your hand, take full responsibility for your actions, take the medicine, and LEARN FROM IT. Where has this country gone wrong????

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Re: DENNARD will be missing at least all of TRAINING CAMP and could miss the first 4 games!

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

He stopped.  The cop fingered the wrong person and then tried to cuff Dennard for not doing anything wrong.  Hence, his surprised reaction. I am not defending the resisting, but it's pretty easy to see why there was. He was not the one who punched Sami. He was acquitted in the same court that claimed he "punched' the cop.  The court proceedings, however, showed no proof of a punch.

Frankly, the police should be apologizing to Dennard for being wrong and falsely arresting him in the first place.

This isn't Nazi Germany or at least shouldn't be. Paddywagons work just fine as a way to proactively and subtly throw a hint to a crowd that the police won't hesitate if a large crowd gets out of line.

Pretty sad that someone like me who isn't a cop knows bicycle cops are only effective during the day as a presence, not as a main force to curtail drunk college kids in crowds. It's absolutely idiotic and bad tactical use of the force.

Heck, cops on horses would be more effective than cops on bikes with no visbility into a crowd.

ROFLMFAO!!!!

If Dennard has an active brain cell, when told to stop or walk away, he would have. He didn't. He was aggressive to the cop who witnessed the incident between him and the other guy. I believe that's called "keeping the peace", not "rousting onky the football player". Cuffing someone is NIT arresting him. This happens more often that not during teh initial investigation os incidents, if for no other reason thant to take control of the scene, and keeping the investigated person safe from himself (won't/can't do anything irrational), especially when a physical confrontation is evident (the reason why the cop stepped in in the first place). It's a shame that Dennard couldn't control himself or actions. 12 people saw the evidence and convicted him. It's nice you have your conspiracy theory, but that and $1.29 gets you a 20 oz coffee at Dunkies, and that's all.  

Cops? They are still cops, whether they ride in cars, bikes, horses, or walk a beat. They MUST have the respect they are entitled to. Now, whether you agree with that statement or not is not relevent. If they say to do something, and you don't, YOU will face the consequences. Yes, it's that simple. Go ask any cop what tey feel aboiut being assaulted at any point of investigating an incident. Or, will 99.999% of the replies you get be of the conspiracy theory? 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Clearly a lesson well taught and well learned; your son understands that there are consequences for one's actions.  

I'd like to think that my kids have been raised properly as well.  The temptation is strong to brag about them but that would make for a rather tedious thread so I'll refrain.  I'll simply say they are both productive, successful, contributing members of society who have made their mother and me proud.

Where did this country go wrong?  This forum is probably not the best place to get into it but I think it's pretty safe to assume that permissive 'parenting' and the lack of accountability has a great deal to do with it.  That said, there remain a good many responsible parents out there who do invest time, effort and attention in their kids and who set standards for their behavior.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Clark,

Sorry to say that a jury of his peers listened to the testimony, saw the evidence, and found him guilty. Guess THAT was a crime too, right? One does not restist arrest or make contact with an officer of the law. There is NO interpretation on the event. YOU DO NOT TOUCH THE OFFICER ON SCENE AT ANY TIME DURING THE INVESTIGATION OF THE INCIDENT. Go ask any cop. They will not take any time to determine your intent. You go hands on, you WILL go down.  

What page of the court transcripts will we find your testimony that you saw him NOT hit the cop? Or, as a witness to anythimng else going on at the time. Being a good kid? I'll buy that, but all it takes is once, and he did it. The sentencing will be interesting, to see what his pounishment will be. Then, I'm sue, we'll hear more whining about "injustice", and "unfair" from you. I'll be ready for the comedic behavior.

(PS: I just LOVE your Nazi inferrence. Typical libbie hype..... want to find an imaginary injustice, compare it to the Nazis. Good to see you at least watch the History Channel. TOO FUNNY!)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Clearly a lesson well taught and well learned; your son understands that there are consequences for one's actions.  

I'd like to think that my kids have been raised properly as well.  The temptation is strong to brag about them but that would make for a rather tedious thread so I'll refrain.  I'll simply say they are both productive, successful, contributing members of society who have made their mother and me proud.

Where did this country go wrong?  This forum is probably not the best place to get into it but I think it's pretty safe to assume that permissive 'parenting' and the lack of accountability has a great deal to do with it.  That said, there remain a good many responsible parents out there who do invest time, effort and attention in their kids and who set standards for their behavior.

And I'd bet you dollars to donuts your kids have some things in their closet from when they were in college that you don't even know about.

Just saying.

Heck, my sister and I were raised superbly by my folks and I thank my folks regularly for that. But, it's also hilarious as adults to hear stuff my folks were involved in during their teens or 20s, that make me blush.

This Dennard incident is one that could have clearly been handled better by both sides.  It's a little ridicuous it's considered a felony, too. 

Of course they do; I'd be shocked if they didn't.  I'm just happy that, to the best of my knowledge, they never got involved in some of the punk-a$$ sh1t I pulled as a kid. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

I say this is the result of hippies having kids, and their kids having kids. "If it feels good, do it! If it feels really good, do it again! If caught doin g somethign questionable in the eyes of the law, claim the law is'd a good one! " LOL!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I say Dennard will be there, starting at corner on opening day. I'm more concerned about the other corner position, will they sign Talib and if not who do they get to replace him? We saw what a difference it made last season when both Talib and Dennard moved to the corners, it was a big step forward. Lets keep moving forward.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

He stopped.  The cop fingered the wrong person and then tried to cuff Dennard for not doing anything wrong.  Hence, his surprised reaction. I am not defending the resisting, but it's pretty easy to see why there was. He was not the one who punched Sami. He was acquitted in the same court that claimed he "punched' the cop.  The court proceedings, however, showed no proof of a punch.

Frankly, the police should be apologizing to Dennard for being wrong and falsely arresting him in the first place.

This isn't Nazi Germany or at least shouldn't be. Paddywagons work just fine as a way to proactively and subtly throw a hint to a crowd that the police won't hesitate if a large crowd gets out of line.

Pretty sad that someone like me who isn't a cop knows bicycle cops are only effective during the day as a presence, not as a main force to curtail drunk college kids in crowds. It's absolutely idiotic and bad tactical use of the force.

Heck, cops on horses would be more effective than cops on bikes with no visbility into a crowd.

ROFLMFAO!!!!

If Dennard has an active brain cell, when told to stop or walk away, he would have. He didn't. He was aggressive to the cop who witnessed the incident between him and the other guy. I believe that's called "keeping the peace", not "rousting onky the football player". Cuffing someone is NIT arresting him. This happens more often that not during teh initial investigation os incidents, if for no other reason thant to take control of the scene, and keeping the investigated person safe from himself (won't/can't do anything irrational), especially when a physical confrontation is evident (the reason why the cop stepped in in the first place). It's a shame that Dennard couldn't control himself or actions. 12 people saw the evidence and convicted him. It's nice you have your conspiracy theory, but that and $1.29 gets you a 20 oz coffee at Dunkies, and that's all.  

Cops? They are still cops, whether they ride in cars, bikes, horses, or walk a beat. They MUST have the respect they are entitled to. Now, whether you agree with that statement or not is not relevent. If they say to do something, and you don't, YOU will face the consequences. Yes, it's that simple. Go ask any cop what tey feel aboiut being assaulted at any point of investigating an incident. Or, will 99.999% of the replies you get be of the conspiracy theory? 

What? You have a son his 20s and this is your behavior/analysis on this topic? Wow, dude.

Exclamation points all over the place don't work well as a retort. 

If you can't get that at 2 AM and it's dark and someone thinks you punched someone so they grab you from behind to take you down as you're walking away, then this discussion is over.

If Dennard HAD thrown the punch at Sami, then you'd be correct. Cops need probable cause.  Check it out sometime.

If a cop tried to cuff me for no violation, I'd tell him to screw himself. 

NEWSFLASH: The whole reason Dennard acted the way he did is because the stupid cop tried to cuff the wrong guy!

That's called EMBARRASSING police work.

NEWSFLASH!!!

No big secret, but nothing GOOD ever happens at 2 AM when the bar closes, and a confrontation of any kind is observed by a law enforcement officer put there to make sure activity doesn't happen. Can't wait to watch your reality TV show: I'm An Athlete And It's NOT My Fault!!" 

Or

INNOCENT! (How the jury totally misunderstood the evidene and testimony)

Keep trying, It gets better every post, and I need the comedic relief today.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

And I'd bet you dollars to donuts your kids have some things in their closet from when they were in college that you don't even know about.

Just saying.

Heck, my sister and I were raised superbly by my folks and I thank my folks regularly for that. But, it's also hilarious as adults to hear stuff my folks were involved in during their teens or 20s, that make me blush.

This Dennard incident is one that could have clearly been handled better by both sides.  It's a little ridicuous it's considered a felony, too. 

Uh, I believe it's not a crime unless you get caught. By a cop on scene, and video.

The best person to have controlled the Dennard incident was Dennard. Too bad he didn't handle it well. A jury of his peers has spoken.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

what a shocker another initial thread by the troll CC aka bostonsportslover removed by the mods! LOL Get the message troll and disappear! Oh yeah; Rusty that was a first round KO of JRABBB by you. Nice job.

Commie/bostonsportslover is absolute trash that nobody can stand... what else is new

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Clark, oh Clark:

1) Dennard ADMITTED in court, under oath, that he hit Samani, which was observed by teh cop, and brought him into teh incident

2) Dennard ADMITTED in court, under oath, he resisted arrest (This means "didn't follow inplicit instructions to cease his poor behavior he was exhibiting at teh time.)

3) The video, admitted into evidence in court, shows him hitting the cop (This is a big No! No!, no matter what else happens. Again, go ask any cop.)

4) A jury of his peers CONVICTED, after hearing all the testimony and seeing all the evidence,  him of the crimes related to his actions.

And, you're right... EMBARRASSING. (Sorry you let the facts get in the way of your whining.) Keep up the comedy! I still have a few hours to go yet. And, there's rush hour to contend with. I need all the happy thoughts I can get. can we get more Nazi stuff? If not, how aboiut those Red Chinese? I'm sure they do nasty things to their better behaved citizens too!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

"You have kids? Wow. 

I love it when people who haven't done their homework pretend they can lecture others. lmao"

Clark,

How sad. But, yes I have three kids and 8 grand kids. Not done my homework? Funny, but I can and DO read for comprehension. What's your excuse for not doing the same? Go back and read the story(s) of teh verdict, and try not to gleam something out of them that isn't there at all.

Keep up the comedy. It's slipping a tad, but it's still worth a chuckle. Hey! Maybe you can develop a sitcom (that's "situational comedy" program, like Cheers!, Frazier, etc). You can call it: Night Cops On Bikes. You can have Danny Devito star in it, and show all the fun and hijinks bike cops have at night while on patrol. You could cast any NBC affiliated news reporter (This alone is funny!) as the concerned citizen who believes cops shoudn't be riding bikes, especially at night.) COULD get some Emmy considerations. But you can keep all the fame and glory.)

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to JRABBB's comment:

I'm sure that there was booze involved.Send him to rehab with Gronkowski before they both end up in Jail.

You hit a cop...you go away.You get into a hissy fit with a cop like TFB admitted to yesterday and you get fined.

Bottom Line - A cop tells you to do something...you do it. If you don't like it too bad. They have citizen complaint review boards for the whiners.

Throw the book at him and make an example of him.That is what you would all be saying if it was any other player from any other team.You can't deny that... I've been on this Forum a lot longer then 90% of you.

u sound like a jackoff...if a cop is a piece of s**t why should he be allowed to get away with it? and then get to hide behind his big blue wall? what, there aren't bad cops? wise up

and calling those who complain whiners?  having a nice day, Goebbels? why don't u go play shoot the unarmed black man with rudy guiliani

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The conviction has gone down.  Even if Dennard is actually innocent, the judge isn't going to care any more.  "He was innocent / Not a charge was true / But the world will never know" -- The theme tune from "Branded".

One other NFL player once got 45 days in jail for assaulting a cop.  If Dennard misses all of May and half of June, he'll be back in time for camp.

Most of the judges are big football fans, especially for local stars who went on to start in the NFL, who made someone's all-rookie team* and who went deep into the playoffs.  I wouldn't be surprised if Dennard gets something pretty nominal such as two weeks in jail, or community service.

Finally, the NFL could suspend Dennard for something he did before he was drafted.  Everyone knew that Dennard had slugged a cop, so it wasn't Dennard's current moral turpitude that this all went before a judge.  I don't think Goodell will get away with a suspension.

*https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/15/2012-pff-all-rookie-team/2/

Sections
Shortcuts