Dennard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Dennard

Hope he doesn't go to jail and even if he shockingly does, I can't imagine it would be anything more than three months, but there's one thing people are forgetting when discussing his clean record...his juvenile file.

Us fans that keep saying he has no previous record are not privy to his juvenile file - neither is the media. The judge has a endless supply of leeway in his sentencing, he also has the authority to look at his juvenile file (if he has one) and if he does have a juvy record you can bet that will affect his sentence. Legally this is NOT suppossed to be a part of anything on a 23 year old man, but rest assured it will be, you can count on that.

I hope the first 18 years of this young man's life were clean, if not I still can't see him getting much (if any) jail time...but if there's something there? You never know...could do a few months.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Dennard

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

I was just think that this place needed a third Dennard post.  I would haqve named it "Worse pick, 7th rounder jailbird or 2nd rounder bust?"  As it turns out (actually as was the case from the get go) Dennard was not some brilliant 7th round pick by BB, he was guy with 3rd round talent that fell because most thought he's end up in jail. 

Well look at it this way, he could go to jail for six months and miss everyday of camp - and still go out against the Jets and pick off Sanchez. Easily, but then again, so does everyone else.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He assaulted a cop (not really). Jail time is a distinct possibility, even if it is only 30 days. Judges like to keep their fellow law guys happy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I was just think that this place needed a third Dennard post.  I would haqve named it "Worse pick, 7th rounder jailbird or 2nd rounder bust?"  As it turns out (actually as was the case from the get go) Dennard was not some brilliant 7th round pick by BB, he was guy with 3rd round talent that fell because most thought he's end up in jail. 

Well look at it this way, he could go to jail for six months and miss everyday of camp - and still go out against the Jets and pick off Sanchez. Easily, but then again, so does everyone else.

Sure, that's one possibility.  The other is do 1-3, change his name to Bubba the love puppet and never play football again.  It's hard to keep your speed up in 4x8 cell.  I suppose he could focus on his ball skills.

Bubba the love puppet? I got to admit for a jet's fan that was pretty funny.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

He assaulted a cop (not really). Jail time is a distinct possibility, even if it is only 30 days. Judges like to keep their fellow law guys happy.

Absolutely true.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Absolutely true.

i said the saem thing on draft day. most disagreed. 

hope he gets probation. but the deck is loaded against him

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

In what way do u guys not see him assaulting a cop?  Because he says so? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

so if he won't get probation we "must" sign talib and draft a cb probaly in the first round don't you think?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

What do you mean "not really"? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to MordecaiBloodmoon's comment:

I wasn't there, but he was guilty for assaulting a police officer. I'm assuming that's what he did. I read on here from someone today that cops are out to get people due to the economy as a means for raising money for the state in the form of fines, violations/tickets, etc. I don't know how that pertains to this case - you trying to tell me an officer will take a punch to raise money for the state? Why would that help? If a guy goes to jail the state and tax payers are paying for a guy's food, heat, linens, tooth brush, soap, shampoo and any mediacl issues that pop up.

The state doesn't want people in prison, they can't afford it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

hate to see it, but the guy got beligerent. It's time our society faces up to the rule of law, no matter how much we like the guy and know we need his talent, he should be held accountable, pay his dues, and get back to playing football.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

so if he won't get probation we "must" sign talib and draft a cb probaly in the first round don't you think?

There is no way I'd let this circumstance force me to make a decision on Talib that I didn't want to make. I keep hearing that this has ruined our leverage on Talib, if anything this strengthens it. This may be a prime example of why it is risky to sign a guy that has off the field issues. Now Dennard may or may not of been caught up in an unfortunate incident that is going to cost him, but Dennard basically cost us nothing. That won't be the case with Talib, imagine something like this happening to a guy that cost us 45 million? And Talib is the guy with all the off field stuff - Dennard supposedly had none of that.

I doubt Kraft is sitting there thinking he needs to hand a known problem 45 million right now, if anything he's thinking he can't. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

There is no way I'd let this circumstance force me to make a decision on Talib that I didn't want to make. I keep hearing that this has ruined our leverage on Talib, if anything this strengthens it. This may be a prime example of why it is risky to sign a guy that has off the field issues. Now Dennard may or may not of been caught up in an unfortunate incident that is going to cost him, but Dennard basically cost us nothing. That won't be the case with Talib, imagine something like this happening to a guy that cost us 45 million? And Talib is the guy with all the off field stuff - Dennard supposedly had none of that.

I doubt Kraft is sitting there thinking he needs to hand a known problem 45 million right now, if anything he's thinking he can't. 

Yeah you're right man

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I wasn't there, but he was guilty for assaulting a police officer. I'm assuming that's what he did. I read on here from someone today that cops are out to get people due to the economy as a means for raising money for the state in the form of fines, violations/tickets, etc. I don't know how that pertains to this case - you trying to tell me an officer will take a punch to raise money for the state? Why would that help? If a guy goes to jail the state and tax payers are paying for a guy's food, heat, linens, tooth brush, soap, shampoo and any mediacl issues that pop up.

As a member of the law enforcement community, in my agency there is no mandate, suggestions, winks, pressure or anything like that to write tickets etc.  The only thing I know of that is generating the extra cash you speak of is red light cameras/red light tickets.  I personally have no time to charge someone that didnt commit a crime.  It is a ton of paperwork and I hate paperwork.  If Dennard was convicted, I assume he did it.  As a Pats fan it saddens me, as I like him as a player, but that doesnt make his actions any better. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He's not going to jail, Stallworth killed a woman and he didn't go to jail. Roethlisberger raped one, he'll probably get probation and the full 11,000 dollar fine. 

Perks of being rich/famous are that the law only applies to you when you go far pass the line. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It's OK, we still have Arrington.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Guy got in a fight in his last college game. Seems like he has a short temper. I don't understand how people keep talking as if they were there and know what he did/didn't do.

Don't know the guy personally and wasn't there. But it wouldn't surprise me if Dennard did what the cop claims.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

He's not going to jail, Stallworth killed a woman and he didn't go to jail. Roethlisberger raped one, he'll probably get probation and the full 11,000 dollar fine. 

Perks of being rich/famous are that the law only applies to you when you go far pass the line. 

So true.  Slight correction, Rothlisberger raped two women...that we know of.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

no problem with any of your reasoning but the last sentence. the state makes money on prison labor, in fact, private corporations are growing larger and larger in number in the prison insdustry for this reason. further, tax dollars for prisons will never be shut off. the power brokers in this country have built a model based on imprisonment as a means of compliance (and a means to lock up as much non-eoropean american (aka minority) youth as possible.

Sections
Shortcuts