2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Dennard

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

Russ - here's the account from your newspaper

According to the Lincoln (Neb.) Journal Star, Ben Samani, a 22-year-old student at the University of Nebraska, testified Thursday that Dennard “shouldered” him as the two crossed O Street in opposite directions as the area’s bars were letting out for the night.

Dennard was a standout for the Cornhuskers and was reportedly celebrating on the night of the incident, just days before he was to be selected in the NFL draft.

“My first reaction was to push off [Dennard],” Samani said.

The cornerback swung at Samani, punching him in the chest, but he said it wasn’t a hard punch.

Initially Samani said he didn’t feel any pain, but later testified that he felt slight pain that lasted just a couple of seconds. Samani said right after Dennard’s punch he was blindsided by someone else, who is unknown at this point, which left him with a bloody mouth and three of his teeth pushed back.

Clearly Dennard did hit Samani, per the testimony.  Someone else may have hit him as well, but Samani said Dennard hit him. 

Further, police testified that there were issues going on before this altercation, that the police told Dennard to leave, and as he was leaving, he had the altercation with Samani. 

Russ, sometimes I don't know what you read or if you read at all or if you are really just so mentally blind that you can't see facts unless they fit your perspective. Whatever it is, I recommend change. 

I don't know Dennard.  Maybe he's not a bad guy.  But he was out with friends and family.  How many times have we heard about friends and family causing problems for athletes?  plenty. 

There were issues already occuring involving Dennard and/or his entourage causing the police presence before the altercation.  Dennard chose to insert himself into a situation, and based on what I read, make some stupid decisions with his hands.  Clearly he was upset.  Alcohol probably fueled the poor decision making and emotions.  Dennard knew police were around, but he still threw punches.  Bad idea.  Worse that one of the people he threw a punch at happened to be one of those cops. 

Again, FALSE.  He did not "choose to insert himself" into the altercation at all. In fact, after Sami was punched, Dennard was walking away from the skirmish area to the point the cop yeled "hey!" for him to stop. So, how is that "inserting himself"? Maybe one of Dennard's buddies felt Sami and Dennard making incidental contact was an attack on Dennard, so that guy punched Sami?

The fact is, Dennard was in a crowd and was fingered for punching Sami which is patently false.

So, you're wrong. I've read the testimonies/what was available to the public and you have not. Do your homework.

He did not throw punches. No evidence supports that whatsoever.  Flailing your arms and resisting arrest is not punching. The policeman confronted Dennard, not the other way around, so you're wrong.

How many times  have we heard lesser known people from the famous people be targets or opportunities for notoriety of the local police in a college town or a prosecutor?

Sure sounds like once they got him into the station and realized who it was, out come the upped charged. Show me a doctor who took the stand and testified, the cop was punched. You won't find it.

You know Russ.  You are a conundrum to me.  I believe that every situation presents a choice, but maybe I am wrong.  The fact that you have completely miscomprehended (if that's a word) my recent post from the outset suggests to me that you are not choosing to do so, you just don't know any better.  If the latter is the case, I apologize for my insensitivity toward you. 

Dennard did choose to insert himself into a situation involving himself and his family and friends that got the police involved before he crossed the street, bumped and punched "Sami". 

The police were at the scene and engaged in dispersing Dennard and his cohorts prior to the escalation involving Dennard's fists. 

Sami testified that Dennard "shouldered" him then punched him and then Sami was decked by someone else.  Here's where I can't figure you out.  You clearly know to read, except when the information does not fit your preconceived notions.  That's either disingenuousness or mental illness.  If the latter, I apologize for exposing it. 

Regardless of the reason, there is no reasoning with you.  You can't or won't allow the public to see you admit your mistakes.  The problem is, your obstinance or infirmity is on display and makes you a bigger fool or someone to be pitied. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to Godvernment's comment:

America.. represents less than 5% of the world's population and almost 25% of the world's prisoners. 

And most of the world's population lives in developing countries that have neither the resources nor the legal system to imprison criminals. 

Yeah, I'm kind of the opinion that murderers, violent drug dealers, rapist and pedophiles belong in prison, or worse. Other countries seem to either allow this to go on (see below) or deal with it directly, no trials, no jury, no jail time (and I'm not talking about the low number of executions that are actually reported)...

http://news.uk.msn.com/world/three-young-sisters-raped-killed

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

test

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Wondering if I'm the only one who can't get on page 3?

Sections
Shortcuts